Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scale T500

hey guys. anyone got any tip on building a scale fuselage for trex500? any good links to refer to ?
    Crash it, Fix it, Fly it, Experience it

What scale (Fuselage) are u looking for or intend to build at?

SH

Comment

hmm havent thought of wat scale heli im going to build.. like ec-135 and bo-105 are great helis.. and if i changed to 4 rotor head any other things that i have to conisder? blades? main shaft ? electronics?

another qns, if i go scale.. can e helitake mild 3D like tic toc and inverted etcs?

Comment

bo-105 will be good. I not sure whether do EC135 has fenestron tail for 500 size or not. Alternatively, it will be EC145 instead
        In summary, bo-105 and EC145 should be good.

For 4 bladed, your existing shaft should be able to handle the load. Blades wise, u can go for cheap cheap carbon fiber also can. For stability, heavier blades tend to be more stable. Electronics wise, u can use your existing one 1st and see how. If u are talking about avionics for stabilizations, well, it is up to u. 500 size heli should be able to fly without any avionics stabilizations assist...but it is better to have. Not a must but better if u have.

If u are good at flying heli..and if u are dare enough, u should not have problem doing loops and roll with it. Not suitable for tic-toc or inverted hover...not because whether the hardware can handle it or not..it is more like "What the heck u fly scale heli and u do a pod and boom 3D stunts"!?

U can either have:
        1 One pod and boom heli for u to do 3D stunts and 1 scale heli to do scale flying. Flying scale (to mimic real heli flying is not as easy as it look actually).
        2. Stick to pod and boom for 3D
        3. Go scale and fly like real heli flying.

SH

Comment

thanks hornet for the fast reply.. any qns is , making it 4rotor and scale body, does it reduce e performance / stability of the heli ? 4 blades n 2 blades which fly better?

im confuse how a tail drive gear box works. perhaps some1 can enlighten me.. thanks..

Comment

If u asking compare both without stability assist avionics of 4 bladed with 2 bladed flybarless, then the answer is 4 blades is better than 2.

If u asking compare 2 bladed flybar + paddles with 4 bladed without stability assist avionics, then the answer is 2 bladed flybar + paddles.

If u asking compare with stability assist avionics with 2 bladed + paddles, I would say the same...sometime the stability assist avionics perform better.

As for the 2nd question, are u referring to elevated tail? If yes, well, there are 2 common methods people/developer tend to use.
            a. Single belt and there is a gearbox that "route" the belt upward for the tail.
            b. Flexible cable to drive the tail.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
              If u asking compare both without stability assist avionics of 4 bladed with 2 bladed flybarless, then the answer is 4 blades is better than 2.
              (Sorry, a bit OT)
              Is it possible to learn to fly 2-blade flybarless (no electronic stabilization) in a simulator?
              In Phoenix 2.5, for MiniTitan(3D), I tried changing "Rotor head damping" from default of 0.4 down to 0.1.
              It gets very difficult to fly.

Does anyone know a setting in Phoenix for a realistic simulation of 2-blade flybarless without e-stab?

Comment

So sorry I do not have simulator to test it.

From what I learn, 2 bladed flybarless in 450 size heli is very very difficult to fly. For 3 and 4 bladed flybarless 450, it is flyable. For 50 size and above, I believe u can fly 2 bladed flybarless without electronics assist.

SH

Comment

Working...
                X