Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Scale Heli

Hi,

I bought a Jetstream 30 fuselage for my hurricane 550. As this is the first time I am installing a heli in a scale boby, hope someone could give me some pointer. I noticed I need to rise the heli very high (approx 1.5") to achieve the balance for the tail to the scale body. Anyone could advice ;
    1. what kind of stuff to use to rise the heli so that it would not increase the weight. and where to get it.
    2. I have to push the heli backward so that the motor does not touch the top of the fuselage which would couse the front rotor move backward, I intend to widen the hole of the rotor opening to fix it, does this cause the lost of CG?
    3. anysite/information on the building of scale body.

I never seen Jetstream 30 fuselage and do not have hurricane 550..but I see what I can answer your question.
    To raise heli platform:
    Normally u can use balsa wood to raise it. Use those harder type of balsa. If u do not have balsa, plake of wood also can but will be heavier a bit. If u only have whatever wood u have and u feel it is soft, u can always reinforce it with fiber glass and epoxy or just use metal type of epoxy and coat it over the wood/balsa. Since your heli is 550 size, a bit of extra weight is still OK. Balsa wood can easily get from most LHS and even in Art Friend.

Normally on a full fuselage, the tail tend to be heavier. If u move the whole heli towards the rear of the fuselage, the overall weight are more towards the nose. That mean it should be OK. If after u put them all together and u have tail heavy, then just move all the avionics to the front. If still not balance, u can always add some dead weight in from (last resort).

Each fuselage and heli has its own way of installing and modification. Try it out and dry run it first. Take your time.
    If u do encounter problem, u can always post it here (preferable with picture for easy understand) and those into scale will try to help u as much as we can.

SH

Comment

Thanks SH, I will try out. .. but what do you meant by "dry run" as I have to installed eveything to fly the heli ... if I discovered something is not right, all platform woods and position already glued.

Comment

dry run meaning just put everything in, fasten them maybe using masking tapes or whatever that can remove, and check the Center of Gravity, check got anything that need to cut/file and etc. Once u satisfactory, u can start installing everything and start glueing

Always remember to make sure your heli IS flyable FIRST and properly tune/calibrated before u put inside the fuselage.

SH

Comment

Thanks for your advise, I will start now.

Comment

Working...
          X