X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuo should see his launches!

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
      Helmi came up overall champion with a Binary - up against Steigeisens, Blasters, etc?

It was with a Super Topsky 2 actually. Which shows that it really doesn't matter what you fly It's how well you fly what you have.

Cheers,
      Adnan
      Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
      ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
      Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
        It was with a Super Topsky 2 actually. Which shows that it really doesn't matter what you fly It's how well you fly what you have.

Cheers,
        Adnan
        I cannot agree more.
        Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Lucky Draw results

Hi DLG fans,

The draw for the lucky draw prizes was done yesterday.

Congratulations to:

1. Bernarto, you have won the Tahmazo SVR 5v regulator
          2. Joe Yap, you have won the Topsky wing bag

Cheers,
          Adnan
          ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

Cheers,
            Adnan
            Very true.

Congratulations to Hilmi, who has been consistent throughout and Sherwin for placing third on his first contest. Also to all who broke their own personal best flights (eg: Ray's first 4 minute flight).

Cheers,
            Adnan

Breaking the 4 minute barrier, under competition conditions, and in that FIELD ( crashed my wing there many years ago, hard to predict wind conditions), and winning a prize for the 1,2,3,4 is a huge milestone for me.
            This competition has been a good learning experience on interpreting wind and weather conditions for me.

Thanks to Adnan for his constant encouragement, Ronald for his persistent reminders to keep enjoying and to keep practising.
            Also definitely thanks to Sherwin, ,my caller for that round, who constantly reassured me as I flew beyond the height I was comfortable with. Without him reassuring, I most definitely would have lost control. Truely an unforgettable moment to have spotted, chased down THAT thermal.

The most exciting part has to be that there's still so much to learn and definitely the interesting friends I've made in the last few months in the DLG group. Was very cool to have participated beside all the gentlemen, who always made sure to dodge the gliders or remind each other to dodge the gliders so the pilots won't be penalised.

Regards,
            Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
              Yuo should see his launches!
              True! I'm going to try to head to the gym more often and play more tennis... lol. Hopefully, can increase my launch height.

Comment

Ray,

You need a blardy wind indicator lah. A hand in the air is not a good wind indicator.. lol.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

I'm also going to try to head to the gym more often and play more tennis... lol. Hopefully, can increase my height. :wink5:

Comment

Seems like the strategy to throw higher is arm strength. My strategy is to loose the spare tyre. That will surely help in launches.

Comment

I'm with you Sherwin. Once we lose those extra kgs, it will be easier to get a better more athletic launch.

I am also a firm believer that in a full day contest situation, you don't want to lose all your energy launching high. You need lots more to spot them thermals, upwind and downwind. The Beijing contest taught me that launch height really doesn't means squat if you can't get to that thermal. Also I gotta stop making silly decisions in the contest. Missing out on the 90sec flight twice in the ladder task by a few metres both times really gonna hurt my chances. *Sherwin, don't laugh ah!*

Cheers,
                      Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Yah man. My only 2 minutes flight during the 2x5 event was busted after landing a few metres short of the LZ.

Comment

I'm with you Sherwin. Once we lose those extra kgs, it will be easier to get a better more athletic launch.

I am also a firm believer that in a full day contest situation, you don't want to lose all your energy launching high. You need lots more to spot them thermals, upwind and downwind. The Beijing contest taught me that launch height really doesn't means squat if you can't get to that thermal. Also I gotta stop making silly decisions in the contest. Missing out on the 90sec flight twice in the ladder task by a few metres both times really gonna hurt my chances. *Sherwin, don't laugh ah!*

Cheers,
                          Adnan
                          Actually, alot of the energy was spent running around as my planes landed outside the LZ. I guess to conserve energy.... land in-bound!

This competition really was a big eye opener for me. Can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Working...
                          X