Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLG Contest @ The Inaugural Singapore Aeromodelling Carnival 2012

Hi All,

As you all know the weekend of flying fun at the Inaugural Singapore Aeromodelling Carnival 2012 (ISAC 2012) is just around the corner and the will be a DLG contest as part of the revelry.

I am starting this thread as a reference for the DLG competitors and as a platform to give any updates on the DLG contest.

Firstly, the DLG contest will be on 2nd September at Woodlands Dr 17 (Ace flying field).

The DLG contest will have 4 rounds and the tasks are as follows:

1. Ladder (10 min working time)
    2. 5 x 2 (10 min working time)
    3. Last 2 Flights (3 Min max, 7 min working time)
    4. 1, 2, 3, 4 (10 min working time)

I will give a more detailed description of the tasks in another post.

Next, here's the list of the competitors that I know of thus far (if I have missed your name, please update me via PM, sms, etc. and I will update this list):

1. Bernarto
    2. Joe Yap
    3. Vincent
    4. Adnan
    5. Ronald Yong
    6. Tom
    7. Sherwin Choo
    8. Frederick Yong
    9. Ray Ho
    10. Hilmi Chong
    11. Alif Chong

It looks like we have a healthy number of competitors and I thank all that have signed up. But if you have not signed up and are interested, feel free to contact me.

Also, I welcome any help from anyone to help me run this contest. I may need help with scoring, setting up the flying area and other admin stuff. So if you wanna learn more on what goes on in a typical DLG contest, and would like to help, please give me a holler. Thanks.

So until the contest, train hard and happy landings.

Cheers,
    Adnan
    Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
    Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Hi All,

UPDATE:

I would like to thank Singapore Hobby and Top Soaring for sponsoring prizes for the DLG contest @ ISAC.

Here's the list of prizes:

Overall Champion - 1st prize : Gift Voucher of S$80 + Topsoaring Super Topsky 2.0 DLG Model

First Runners-up Prize : Gift Voucher of S$60 + Tahamzo T15 Plus Charger

Second Runners-up Prize : Gift Voucher of S$30 + Tahmazo SVR-3-6V x 1

Champion for 1, 2, 3, 4 Task : Tahmazo SVR-3-6V x 1
    Champion for 5 x 2 Task : Tahmazo SVR-3-6V x 1
    Champion for Second to last and last flight Task : Tahmazo SVR-3-6V x 1
    Note: There are no prize for ladder as there could be more than one winner for that round.

Lucky Draw prize 1 : Tahmazo SVR-3-5V x 1
    Lucky Draw prize 2 : Topsoaring Topsky Wing Bag

More updates real soon, cheers all,
    Adnan
    Last edited by randomtask; 29-08-2012, 05:10 PM.
    ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts

sigpic

Comment

To competitors:

The list for all the competitors is out. I strongly advise you find your partner/caller now and contact them early. This way, you can have at least one day to get together and practice. If not you can just take the partner/caller that has been assigned for you on that day. If this is the first time you are in a DLG contest, try partner yourself with someone who has prior contest experience.

I'll start the ball rolling:

Team 1: Adnan + Ronald

Cheers,
      Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Personal Logistics for DLG contest

Hi All,

After coming back from the Beijing DLG contest here's a list of things that I find very useful to have at a DLG contest.

1. Water proof mat
        2. CA/Epoxy
        3. Quick set-up tents (to keep your plane out of the sun). Also it need to be secured down properly to prevent it rolling onto our precious gliders.
        4. Sun Block
        5. Butane Soldering Iron (This could have gotten my primary plane up and running for the contest)
        6. Water, lots of it
        7. Extra battery and/or charger

This is just a list of things on top of my head. Do add on if you have anything else useful.

Also, please find a way to secure your glider down when you're not flying it. You don't want your glider flying of without you.

Cheers,
        Adnan

sigpic

Comment

I'm available for partnering... for DLG, and for procreation ( oh yar, if you do DLG, and if you are a single female, please partner me!)

Thanks for the info Adnan, now my motivation to do better has increased... I want a second DLG... a S TS 2.0 would be nice!

Comment

Team 1: Adnan + Ronald
            Team 2: Sherwin + Ray

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
            BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR COMPETITORS:

Please note that the pilot's briefing will start at 10am sharp. Please be punctual as there will be lots of things to be covered in the briefing.

Since the first event will only start at 10am at the field, may I suggest you reach before that to do your plane trimming so that you won't have any nasty surprises on your first launch of the competition.

On a separate note, I will be at the field earlier around 830 am or so to set up the take off and landing box and to settle all other logistics for the contest. If anyone's available to help, please come around that time. Thank you.

Cheers,
              Adnan

sigpic

Comment

COMPETITORS TAKE NOTE:

Since no more teams have been stated, I have assigned you teammates as best possible.

Team 1: Ray Ho + Sherwin
                Team 2: Alif Chong + Bernarto
                Team 3: Hilmi Chong + Joe Yap
                Team 4: Adnan + Ronald
                Team 5: Fred + Tom
                Team 6: Vincent + ?

Since there are 11 competitors, there will be one person with a caller/timer. In this case, our last year's champion is the one without the timer and one will be assigned to you. You can get your own caller, or rope in another competitor

If anyone has any violent objection to this arrangement, please let me know and we'll work it out.

I will release the flight groups based on these teams next.

Cheers,
                Adnan

sigpic

Comment

Perfectly fine for me.

Comment

Adnan, I can call for Vincent if he doesnt mind. OR do you need me to do other things besides chief scorer?
                    www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
                    www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

Hi Pang, I don't mind. Thank you.
                      Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

OK, we'll be flexible and work around things no problem. It'll be best if we can key in the scores at the end of each round but not a problem either way.

sigpic

Comment

Results of the DLG contest @ISAC 2012

Hi All,

Thanks to all participants of the DLG contest, Shaorong for helping to be a timer, Ace Aeromodelling club for hosting the contest and everyone else involved.

Conditions were really tough yesterday with the sun beating down on us and strong winds rolling down the slope. Even with those difficult conditions, everybody managed some really good flights here and there. And the last round (1,2,3,4) conditions were really good and there were lots of really long flights all around.

The competition was keen and there were a few non finishers due to plane failures from pushing to the limit.

Here's the results for yesterday's contest:

1. Hilmi Chong: 3538.6 points
                          2. Adnan Ahmad: 3453.4 points
                          3. Sherwin Choo: 3197.9 points
                          4. Joe Yap: 3116.8 points
                          5. Vincent: 2671.2 points
                          6. Ronald Yong: 2448.1 points
                          7. Ray Ho: 2316.9 points
                          8. Alif Chong: 2115.1 points
                          9. Bernarto: 1149.6 points (DNF)
                          10. Fred Yong: 1076.4 points
                          11. Tom: 1053.6 points (DNF)

Congratulations to Hilmi, who has been consistent throughout and Sherwin for placing third on his first contest. Also to all who broke their own personal best flights (eg: Ray's first 4 minute flight).

Here are the results for the most points acquired during the rounds*:

5x2 Task
                          1. Hilmi Chong: 458s
                          2. Sherwin Choo: 436s
                          3. Adnan Ahmad: 406s
                          4. Alif Chong: 388s (Winner of Tahmazo SVR-3-6V)

Second last and last flight Task
                          1. Hilmi Chong: 247s
                          2. Vincent: 114s (Winner of Tahmazo SVR-3-6V)
                          3. Adnan: 112s

1, 2, 3, 4 Task:
                          1. Adnan: 557s
                          2. Ray Ho: 373s (Winner of Tahmazo SVR-3-6V)
                          3. Hilmi Chong/ Joe Yap: 300s

*Placed prize-winners are not eligible for "Top of Round" Prizes

Results for the Lucky Draw will be on the next post.

Cheers,
                          Adnan
                          Last edited by randomtask; 03-09-2012, 07:37 PM. Reason: Additional Info

sigpic

Comment

congratulations!
                            Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Helmi came up overall champion with a Binary - up against Steigeisens, Blasters, etc?

Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Working...
                              X