Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Very detailed answer

It's not just futaba vs spektrum world... Hitec is fine as well. I think the Hitec Aurora 9 is the most value for money TX so far. For 400 plus dollars, you get 9 channels, glider functions support AND backlight AND touchscreen. Their original RXs are also not too ex.

Equivalent futaba or spektrum systems cost much more. Although spektrum has recently tried to bundle several freebie RXs in order to make their package more attractive. And futaba came up with a cheaper S-FHSS series of TXs.
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Thank you very much seraph! that's a super detailed answer and now I understand much much much better.

How abt JR and turnigy? what system are they using? Are they quite popular?

Where do u guys usually fly? Heli/plane?

Comment

Sorry for my post above, u did mention that JR use a DSM system. But turnigy?

Comment

JR did use a system. but not sure where it went.

Turnigy uses a very basic 2.4 modulation and they only have 9 ch rx. you get what you pay for = )

go read this page:

Radio Control news, reviews, tutorials and more. Everything for the RC model enthusiast

got a lot of useful (and technical) info.

by the way, yes, I forgot about the Hitec Aurora system as well!
          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Thanks for the link. There's alot of information there and I'm still reading it.

Comment

Bros, I've gotten myself a dx6i. ☺ now building my plane and hope to be flying soon....thanks all for the advises and help. Hope to see u guys around. 😊

Comment

hi,

newbie into heli, which would be the best for beginner to start with as looking at Spektrum DX6i(~$299) vs Futaba 6J(~$199).

I have read there is a cheaper Orange version receiver for Spektrum. Is there a similar cheaper version receiver that support Futaba too?

Comment

yes the frsky fasst rx for futaba 2.4 fasst systems is even cheaper. (BUT IT IS NOT compatible with futaba 6J and 8J working on fhss systems that you mentioned) i prefer the 2.4 fasst systems as the layout and program functions of the tx is better than the 6J. i have not seen any fhss third party rx's yet.

thie is futaba FASST compatible one: see here

you can read about the differences here: http://www.futaba-rc.com/technology/fhss.html. look under the 'technology' tab above to read the fasst one too.

basically, they both let you control your rc craft and will still be able to provide you signal by the time you cant see the plane. (FM radios will provide further range but may face interference if someone nearby is using the same frequency)

i went for a futaba 7cap 2.4 fasst because the frsky rx are so much cheaper. until the day where someone comes up with a futaba fhss compatible third party system, you'll end up either spending 70 dollars on and additional original futaba fhss rx or keep swapping your rx from plane to plane each time you fly. *** NOTE (A Futaba FHSS system is not compatible with a 'FHSS' system of another brand)

if you're looking for an inexpensive system that has full capabilities, try searching for reviews on the tunigy 9x. cheap and full function. just that the brand isn't as established but has been used by alot of people world wide.
                  "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                  E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
                  SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
                  T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
                  UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
                  Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
                  F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
                  Charger- Turnigy AC6
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks for the advice, will read up more on other brands too. :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X