Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paraboard anyone?

Hi Folks
    Anyone tried using this yet. Its for parallel charging up to 6S and 6 x lipos concurrently.
    Just wanted some feedback before ordering.
    Thanks
    Ken

Apologies, I forgot to provide a link.
    Buddy RC, distributor of LiPo batteries and chargers, remote control modes. iCharger, iSDT, Gens ace, Tattu, Glacier, RC models, airplane, helicopter, drone, FPV, quadcopter.

Comment

hi im using this same thing bought from h-k website. it's slightly cheaper there as compared to the website you provided. search for "Parallel charging Board for 6 packs 2~6S (T Connector) CB6-6S''

basically it can charge up to six batteries WITH the same capacity and voltage at the same time. however, the balance cable that you see that comes out of the paraboard is for 6cell lipos. my charger cant support that many so i had to manually connect the first three wires to the '3 cell' port of my charge. show you some pictures later.

it's good overall. usually i would charge my batteries at 1 amp. so now i can charge 4 batteries at 4 amps and get them all charged within the same amount of time.
      "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
      E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
      SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
      T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
      UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
      Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
      F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
      Charger- Turnigy AC6
      sigpic

Comment

there you can see that i attached a standard 3 cell lipo balance tab to the 6 cell tab so that i can fit it into the charger

"To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
        Charger- Turnigy AC6
        sigpic

Comment

*sorry i ment first 4 wires

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
          Charger- Turnigy AC6
          sigpic

Comment

Hey thanks for the info. Sounds like a real time saver. Did you have to get a separate power supply for the charger?

Comment

The thing abt // charging is that you can only charge lipo that have small V difference.
              // charging large V diff would have adverse effect on lipo and also safety issue.

i prefer series charging, but have to diy charging harness.
              Fly it like you never Fly before.

Comment

paraboard

been there done that. highly recommended.

look here : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67375

enjoy.
                Sondol first talk later!

Comment

yes im using a wall power supply to power up the charger

Originally posted by kenghock View Post
                  Hey thanks for the info. Sounds like a real time saver. Did you have to get a separate power supply for the charger?

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                  Charger- Turnigy AC6
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Creative View Post
                    The thing abt // charging is that you can only charge lipo that have small V difference.
                    // charging large V diff would have adverse effect on lipo and also safety issue.

Hi Creative
                    Could you advise why series using charging? Is that more flexible?
                    Thanks
                    Ken

Comment

How parallel balance each cell is thru voltage difference btw the cells.

So lets say after a whole day of flying, your lipos definitely would definitely end up w/ different voltages. Unless you every flight fly until cutoff lor.

The moment you plug your lipo in the parallel harness, the cells of each lipo will immediately balance out the respectively cells of the other lipo due to voltage difference.

Depending how how large the difference is, this may cause a surge of current to the cell w/ lower volt. As you may know, charging lipo with current that exceed its rated charge rate is a no no.

Series charging wont have the above issue. Con is that most charger only charge up to 6s, sum of your cells of your lipos charging can only max up to 6.
                      Unless you using super high end, some can do 14s, ie can do max 3 of 4s lipos.
                      Fly it like you never Fly before.

Comment

yes thats true. i usually fly with moderate throttle for 7 mins per flight on my watch. what i notice from plugging in the separate lipos into the // board is that they will balance out to the average voltage. eg my 4 lipo batts after flying are: 11.7, 11.7, 11.8,11.8 V. After a short time, they will all become 11.75 after plugging it in.

How parallel balance each cell is thru voltage difference btw the cells.

So lets say after a whole day of flying, your lipos definitely would definitely end up w/ different voltages. Unless you every flight fly until cutoff lor.

The moment you plug your lipo in the parallel harness, the cells of each lipo will immediately balance out the respectively cells of the other lipo due to voltage difference.

Depending how how large the difference is, this may cause a surge of current to the cell w/ lower volt. As you may know, charging lipo with current that exceed its rated charge rate is a no no.

Series charging wont have the above issue. Con is that most charger only charge up to 6s, sum of your cells of your lipos charging can only max up to 6.
                        Unless you using super high end, some can do 14s, ie can do max 3 of 4s lipos.

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                        Charger- Turnigy AC6
                        sigpic

Comment

I am using this board and I strongly suggest everyone remember this fact as I accidentally killed one of my battery when charging 6 x 3S with 8A current (5 of the battery was lightly used, except one which was quite drained). Luckily it didn't end up a fireball as i realized the damages done within a minute as the cell bloated to a crazy size, 1 cell was killed during the fateful charge.

The board just merely let electronics principle does it jobs and has no protection of sort. When you parallel a few battery together, during charging, the battery with lowest voltage potential will get the most of the ampere as the same battery will also have the lowest resistant. Usually, if the batteries are all depleted to nearly the same manners, the charging current would be more or less be split between all the batteries. If not the current would fall squarely between the batteries with voltage that is lesser than the average of all the connected battery.
                          ------------------
                          Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
                          Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
                          OS 91HZ
                          RJX 90sz Muffler
                          HC3-SX
                          Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
                          Align D650 Tail
                          GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
                          Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
                          RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
                          Align D610 Cyclic