Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abdul
    See my completed DIY BEC and was tested good on my Nitro plane with 5x6.5kg servos.

I will flood epoxy on the components.

Thanks
    Hi the DIY is very well done. After you flooded the components with the hotmelt or epoxy, you can shrink wrap the DIY BEC to further protect the component.

Cheers

Comment

An idea just hit me for those who intended to build BEC but their i/p voltage do not meet the requirement of 2V differences (like 2Cell Li-Poly)

Now, instead of stepping down from 2Cell to 5V output or even 5.8V output, why not, step up the voltage FIRST and then step it down. The disadvantage is that u need more parts and not that efficient.

The trick is to step up the voltage from 2Cell to 12V for example. Then u step it down again using those normal BEC design to 5V or even 5.8V

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
        An idea just hit me for those who intended to build BEC but their i/p voltage do not meet the requirement of 2V differences (like 2Cell Li-Poly)

Now, instead of stepping down from 2Cell to 5V output or even 5.8V output, why not, step up the voltage FIRST and then step it down. The disadvantage is that u need more parts and not that efficient.

The trick is to step up the voltage from 2Cell to 12V for example. Then u step it down again using those normal BEC design to 5V or even 5.8V

SH
        Your idea is good but there are some problem with stepping up and down the voltage.
        1) You need an oscillatory circuit of some sort to do the step up and down.
        This create broadband noise and may affect the Rx reception.
        2) By stepping up and stepping down, you loose quite a bit of efficiencies so the Lipo will end up draining more current and shortenning flight time.

Linear voltage regulator (inclusive of discrete voltage regulators )do not generate any significant noise . If I were to use 2 cells lipo operation I will go for discrete BEC. They can operate as low as 5.7V and the parts and components are relatively cheap and easily available at S.L. Tower. Just my thoughts.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X