X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks John you have been most helpful!

Comment

the others helped too

btw u can consider a batt with a higher capacity but lower C discharge rating, should cost the abt the same and last longer;)
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

I'm not sure about BEC. but it seems that Regulator will give you a more constant voltage.

Also, if you use 3s on a regulator, you will have more energy wasted as heat and you can control less servos because you need to step down the voltage from say 11.4v to 5v. A good 5volt is wasted.

Originally posted by gpang788
        Thanks John you have been most helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by mave
          I'm not sure about BEC. but it seems that Regulator will give you a more constant voltage.

Also, if you use 3s on a regulator, you will have more energy wasted as heat and you can control less servos because you need to step down the voltage from say 11.4v to 5v. A good 5volt is wasted.
          correct me if i am wrong, arent they the same thing with just different names? most external BECs are switching mode regulators.

agree with u that 3s is excessive, better to stick to 2s2p, higher cap, lower C rating to power the rx
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Ya, I'm not sure.. So many names. confusing

I use 2s2p on my Nitro heli.

Originally posted by johndyl
            correct me if i am wrong, arent they the same thing with just different names? most external BECs are switching mode regulators.

agree with u that 3s is excessive, better to stick to 2s2p, higher cap, lower C rating to power the rx

Comment

Hi,

Think the thread been discuss before, 3s got certain advantage in some way.

Discuss anything about RC electronics - Tx, Rx, Servo, ESC, BEC, FBL, NAV, Wire, Connector, Camera etc.

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                better to stick to 2s2p, higher cap, lower C rating to power the rx
                What about 2s1p? can use?? would the flight time be affected?

Comment

Guys wud like to ask a similar question but for electric plane. Recently i'm experiencing power cuts and symptoms are that of Receiver Battery Failsafe feature. Probably BEC not supplying enough to the RX and it goes into BFS mode.

Question is can I just plug a rx battery pack (nimh 4.8v) into free channel of the rx and would this eliminate BFS kicking in? I would still want my servos to be powered by the ESC's BEC.

Thanks
                  Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Working...
                  X