Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
    Higher Battery + ESC WILL BURN your motor...if u overload the motor.

If Higher Battery + Higher Motor power, u WILL BURN ESC if u overload it.

SH
    As long as I use the recommended or smaller prop size for the motor i should be fine right?

Comment

Originally posted by yongteck78 View Post
      As long as I use the recommended or smaller prop size for the motor i should be fine right?
      YT, that is the correct direction, start with small propeller when you do not know the loading or what size prop to use.

When ESC is rated X ampere, it means it can handle anything below X ampere.
      Same for motor. If a motor is rated Y ampere it also means it can handle anything below Y ampere.

When you have an ESC and a motor of different maximun current rating the setup must not exceed the current whichever is the smallest of the two devices.

Example1 :the ESC is rated 40amp max and motor is 20amp max . In this example,the lowest rated device is the motor . Therefore you should not load more than 20amps to the setup.

Example 2 :the ESC is rated 20 amps max and the motor is 40amps.
      In this case the lowest rated device is the ESC. The Answer to this is the same . Max loading not more than 20amps.

Note for motor beside the rated current one should not exceed the permitted maximun rpm . Check the motor specification before you do your setup.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X