Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Requirement - To build a RC aerial vehicle that can take off vertically &...

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etman View Post
    You can embed the alien jump jet innards into a flat plate foam body.
    Something like MiG-29 / F-22 / F-117 shape.
    Put some lightweight landing gear and take off with forward tilt.

Just be careful not to overload the tiny electronics.
    For such multi-rotor, the larger the "wing", the worse the performance in wind.
    I feel that the alien jump jet is not built for beginners.
    I have problem flying it and to hover.

It just keep crashing. Very sensitive to lights and must keep pointing to the aircraft.

I went to the fly club at bukit panjang, the expert there struggled to well it well too.

I borrowed another coaxial helicopter with radio frequency, it flies so easily for a beginner like me..

Comment

Originally posted by Soomp! View Post
      From your expertise point of view,

Do you recommend me to build from scratch or to buy a prototype and then slowly build on it to fulfill the project requirement ?

I'm no expert. I only made a tricopter before, so I know how it works.

If this is a small project, just modifying a cheapo toy will get a good grade.
      If this is your FYP, you better take the risk to do more significant research and development. If you are not up to it, then change project. Its that simple.

Comment

I have got 100 dollars budget from the school.

I have regretted spending around 60 dollars just to buy art and craft stuffs in the end, I never put them into use after I had consulted my senior.

I later on spent another 200 dollars and ordered the alien jump jet from snelflight.

In the end, I have problem flying it..

This project is really driving me crazy..

Comment

I'm no expert. I only made a tricopter before, so I know how it works.

If this is a small project, just modifying a cheapo toy will get a good grade.
          If this is your FYP, you better take the risk to do more significant research and development. If you are not up to it, then change project. Its that simple.
          In doing researches, I will have the need to buy parts. Trial and error till it fits the project requirement.

In the end, it will cost me a bomb and I cannot get it working like my senior

I hope not to be like him, thats why I am thinking to buy a prototype and modify it from there.

Comment

I feel that the alien jump jet is not built for beginners.
            I have problem flying it and to hover.

It just keep crashing. Very sensitive to lights and must keep pointing to the aircraft.

I went to the fly club at bukit panjang, the expert there struggled to well it well too.

I borrowed another coaxial helicopter with radio frequency, it flies so easily for a beginner like me..

That's the difference between a toy and an RC model.
            A toy is unreliable, has unreplaceable parts, crashes often, poor control.

That said, there is a way out.
            Try it again indoors, in darker environment, no wind.
            If its IR control, outdoor performance is bad and very short range only.

Comment

Come, come don't give up.

I actually have some tricopter parts, enough to build one tricopter.
              I can loan to you, but only if you are interested and you really put in the effort to learn to build one.

You will still need to borrow a 72 mhz TX at least 8 channel.

Comment

Come, come don't give up.

I actually have some tricopter parts, enough to build one tricopter.
                I can loan to you, but only if you are interested and you really put in the effort to learn to build one.

You will still need to borrow a 72 mhz TX at least 8 channel.
                It is really really hard..

I afraid that if i borrowed from you, the prototype take flight and it crash and there goes your gyro, etc..

If you had went to alien jump jet website, there have something that we ordered to change the infrared receiver to be radio frequency ones. I intended to do that and I just need a 4 channel receiver.

A helicopter can actually glide on the ground and take off. Can I consider that as conventional take off?

Comment

That's the difference between a toy and an RC model.
                  A toy is unreliable, has unreplaceable parts, crashes often, poor control.

That said, there is a way out.
                  Try it again indoors, in darker environment, no wind.
                  If its IR control, outdoor performance is bad and very short range only.
                  The funny thing for alien jump jet is that, I cannot fly in a dark room.
                  Cannot fly in open space like a hall.
                  Cannot fly under strong lights..
                  Cannot fly in areas which have infrared working like television, aircon and etc.

All pre-requisites these are already driving me crazy..
                  Flying it and keep went full power spinning, went up, lost signal, and it felt to the ground.

Comment

It is really really hard..

I afraid that if i borrowed from you, the prototype take flight and it crash and there goes your gyro, etc..

If you had went to alien jump jet website, there have something that we ordered to change the infrared receiver to be radio frequency ones. I intended to do that and I just need a 4 channel receiver.

A helicopter can actually glide on the ground and take off. Can I consider that as conventional take off?
                    I crash many times but the parts can be reused. Tricopter is so foolproof.
                    1 cheapy gyro only cost about S$30 from ---------.

The RF mod you are talking about could make it more flyable if the fault was lying with the IR control and not the airframe. You have to find out more before you plunge into it. And you have to get an RC TX too?
                    Any link?

Comment

The funny thing for alien jump jet is that, I cannot fly in a dark room.
                      Cannot fly in open space like a hall.
                      Cannot fly under strong lights..
                      Cannot fly in areas which have infrared working like television, aircon and etc.

All pre-requisites these are already driving me crazy..
                      Flying it and keep went full power spinning, went up, lost signal, and it felt to the ground.

Post a video of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X