Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Requirement - To build a RC aerial vehicle that can take off vertically &...

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Requirement - To build a RC aerial vehicle that can take off vertically &...

using the conventional runways.. .

I have tried to use the normal cheap styrofoams from Art-friend and managed to build the body of the rc airplane out..
    it looks awful.. due to me using the handheld battery operated foam cutter..

I heard that a Epp-foam or a the ELAPOR foam that is very high quality..
    But i think i am in no position to use it as I have only 100 dollars budget from my school ..

any professional here can advise on what 2 do ?..

I think of my plane as something that resembled a osprey..

a thread that i have started on rc groups.

Comment

Well..

$100 won't even get u half the electronics required..

maybe just the building materials...

Comment

Originally posted by PhiBeR View Post
        Well..

the rest comes out from my own pocket

Comment

Originally posted by PhiBeR View Post
          Well..

even for building materials, i spent nearly 40 already..

foam cutter, styro foam, hot glue gun.. batteries, hot glue, wood knife, etc..

Comment

I am going to post my styrofoam rig up here tonight...

hope professional can advise on the COG ( Centre of Gravity of my rig)

Comment

What school or organisation heap this project on you?

$100 to build a VTOL/STOL radio-controlled aircraft is not realistic, unless you have all the electronics on hand already... even then... you need to budget for crash damage.

Just surf the websites of some local RC hobby shops or pay them a visit, and you'll get a better idea of the total cost A 6-channel (minimum, IMHO) transmitter-receiver set will already set you back by $200 to $300. Motors, ESCs, servos, props, gyros... $$$$$... Which is why i asked the first question.
              ------------------------------
              Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
              NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

You can try building an RC sidewinder missile that is a tail sittter. Only need 1 motor, prop, esc, battery, 2 servos and 1 set of RX/TX which you can try to buy a 2nd hand plane to salvage or you can always borrow lah....

Comment

Hi Soomp

Just check...
                  Have you fly any RC foamy plane before? (F3P type of plane and did hovering)
                  What will be your equipment (Transmitter, how many channels of receiver) that you will be using?
                  Are you going to include GYRO for transitional flight ? (vertical to change to foward flight)
                  Where do you stay? westside...

regds
                  zennith

Comment

VFO (Vertical Flying Object)

Try this... VFO (Vertical Flying Object). Looks simple enough to build.

http://www.electrifly.com/parkflyers/gpma1135.html
                    ------------------------------
                    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                      Try this... VFO (Vertical Flying Object). Looks simple enough to build.

http://www.electrifly.com/parkflyers/gpma1135.html
                      this is a VTOL..
                      i need an airplane that can take off conventionally also.
                      So , i think this will not be suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
                        Hi Soomp

Just check...
                        Have you fly any RC foamy plane before? (F3P type of plane and did hovering)
                        What will be your equipment (Transmitter, how many channels of receiver) that you will be using?
                        Are you going to include GYRO for transitional flight ? (vertical to change to foward flight)
                        Where do you stay? westside...

regds
                        zennith
                        Hi, I live in the west. Bukit Panjang to be exact..

I have yet fly anything before... My focus is to take off and stay in the air i believed.
                        I have spoken to expert at Hong Lim Complex and they tells me that to fly and turn , twist is easy.. but to hover is the hardest..

I think the project I am selected will give me a hard time..

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                          What school or organisation heap this project on you?

$100 to build a VTOL/STOL radio-controlled aircraft is not realistic, unless you have all the electronics on hand already... even then... you need to budget for crash damage.

Just surf the websites of some local RC hobby shops or pay them a visit, and you'll get a better idea of the total cost A 6-channel (minimum, IMHO) transmitter-receiver set will already set you back by $200 to $300. Motors, ESCs, servos, props, gyros... $$$$$... Which is why i asked the first question.
                          I am with UniSIM currently, they budgeted only $100 for me!!

They recommend me to use Servo, Styrofoams and the 6 remote controller , I cna loan it from Singapore Polytechnic.

From the styrofoams, foam cutter, hot glue gun, sand paper I bought from Art Friend have already cost me near $40..

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X