Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomcatFLYER
    why not they have pylon racers and 3d flying... better right.... even better have jet turbine flyers... that is a must see ahahahahha....
    Pylon racer may be abit too dangerous if flown over a crowd. ....3D flatties are being done ......at the Padang ! (fringe activities by NTUC)
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

hahhaah u know the saying, whatever is fun and good is always dangerous, unsafe, cancerous or expensive....

ahahhaha
      DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
        wow, flying in camp? who are the lucky soldiers who got selected?
        no lucky la...just those ppl flying the ifo for ndp...crash into our company...
        save the animals!:

Comment

just wondering who was the guy the news crew interviewed on tv? the guy who they say started it, the ifo thing
          DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

do ur search in the RC kite archive and you should know who.
            + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
            p c m 9 x
            RC Kite
            S c o r p i o n
            A L P H A B a b y
            Ice cream prototype

Comment

sounds like lots of people are jealous that their simpler r/c kite cousins are getting the limelight...i saw the display at the ndp preview and was throughly impressed by their flying ability.
              JR 9x
              Raptor 50 SE
              Raptor 90 3D
              Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
              Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
              Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Originally posted by TomcatFLYER
                just wondering who was the guy the news crew interviewed on tv? the guy who they say started it, the ifo thing
                I was laughing when I heard the words "invented" mentioned. The proper word should be "innovated".

I'm wondering if there was any patent or copyright on tis flying kite thing here in SG?

Comment

I was at a inter-school event and yeah, there were IFO's there at the event.
                  ($200 a pilot for an event, wow!)

I think it just looks good. Perhaps 3d flatties with ribbons / streamers and LEDs might do the job better but honestly IFOs do wow people, for the first few times because they look more unusual to the public.

I think it's the LEDs that do it.
                  "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

wow... 200 bucks a pilot... i;m getting myself an IFO now... hahahhaha

good income to support the hobby...

hmmm... i heard the reporter said somehting about ifo being locally invented... (chinese reporter)

dun know....

hmmm.... personally, i don't feel jealous of the ifo dudes... they got skills... but i feel ifo is nothing special... they should be doing 3d... hahaha
                    DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Quite nice, the display of IFOs. 42 of them in the sky! Amazing. Too bad there wasn't any real synchronized aerobatics, it's more of a general formation.
                      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                        Quite nice, the display of IFOs. 42 of them in the sky! Amazing. Too bad there wasn't any real synchronized aerobatics, it's more of a general formation.
                        Yeah, it's a feast of the eyes tho seeing them fly, all 42 of them. I was wondering how each pilot can see their own ifo when all 42 flying, really must concentrate hard. Saw about 5-10 circling high above, then dive roll towards the end of the show. Anyhoo, kudos to them pilots who can see well at night.

cheers!
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad
                          Yeah, it's a feast of the eyes tho seeing them fly, all 42 of them. I was wondering how each pilot can see their own ifo when all 42 flying, really must concentrate hard. Saw about 5-10 circling high above, then dive roll towards the end of the show. Anyhoo, kudos to them pilots who can see well at night.

cheers!
                          great flying! its not easy you know!! so many planes yet none of them really collided with each other.
                          but just wondering, how many types of frequency did they use??
                          Kedi AH !

Comment

Originally posted by Murdanny
                            great flying! its not easy you know!! so many planes yet none of them really collided with each other.
                            but just wondering, how many types of frequency did they use??

2.4???lol
                            save the animals!:

Comment

actually none of them were ifos/fireflys/pro 3s(wadeva u name them....) haha they are made out of the same materials but are of a totally different design. Not as fun to fly if u ask me haha n lower power to weight ratio. There were quite a few newbies in the group flying during ndp. and yes many of us had lended futaba 2.4ghz transmitters. haha. the "pros" who flew higher were of a faster model which was a little harder to fly with the higher stall speed.
                              TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                              Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                              Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                              Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

Oh and if im not wrong there was 1 collision and 1 sunken treasure :P:P
                                TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                                Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                                Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                                Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

Working...
                                X