Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFO during NDP2007?

Woooh....as claimed by the posting in Youtube.com

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

This Identified Flying Object will be flying in this year's NDP and with at least 50 flying in the sky? Can't wait to see that!!

not again....

Honestly, I dun care about NDP and I dun care about some power kites with lights...
    you won't be able to discuss this here mate. Do a search for Anthony Foo.
    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

I guess the novelty among R/C flyers has wear off n they need to attract more new blood. Public will go "wow" again n maybe critics may slam it for a repeated telecast. But some items like repeated 40 times annually also nobody find it sian, like the parade march pass, parachute guys n fly pass by jets n helis.

For me, I jus enjoy wats on TV cos I'm a tv addict n must sometimes appreciate the hardwork put in by the participants.

Comment

I guess what "edmond22" trying to say is not because of repeated stuff/performance... it is other thing related to IFO.

SH

Comment

oh, this IFO issue is actually such a bad thing here. Very interesting history behind.

Hey, may I just know if they are flying 50 of those remote control flying planes in the air, what are the safety issues and what about the frequency control? Is there any authority that control such heavy usage of frequencies? Don't they need special licensing for such purpose? Or maybe it is a national event? So that's why no need?

Comment

they were doing some rehersal once in my camp....we were doing pt while suddenly one kite come dropping on top of us....we shouted..... IN COMING!!!
            save the animals!:

Comment

Originally posted by dreamflyer
              they were doing some rehersal once in my camp....we were doing pt while suddenly one kite come dropping on top of us....we shouted..... IN COMING!!!
              wow, flying in camp? who are the lucky soldiers who got selected?
              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                I guess the novelty among R/C flyers has wear off n they need to attract more new blood. Public will go "wow" again n maybe critics may slam it for a repeated telecast. But some items like repeated 40 times annually also nobody find it sian, like the parade march pass, parachute guys n fly pass by jets n helis.

For me, I jus enjoy wats on TV cos I'm a tv addict n must sometimes appreciate the hardwork put in by the participants.
                that's also why i stopped watching ndp many years ago...
                For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

yeah, i agree that IFO shouldn't be displayed on NDP, i mean it's old now and it's plagued with a bad history in s'pore. It's like showing the world the ugly side of singapore, imagine if a foreigner sees ndp does a search for IFO and finds "interesting" and the "epic" saga between the trilogy, it's pretty sad...

why not they have pylon racers and 3d flying... better right.... even better have jet turbine flyers... that is a must see ahahahahha....
                  DUCT DUCT DUCT GO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TomcatFLYER
                    yeah, i agree that IFO shouldn't be displayed on NDP, i mean it's old now and it's plagued with a bad history in s'pore. It's like showing the world the ugly side of singapore, imagine if a foreigner sees ndp does a search for IFO and finds "interesting" and the "epic" saga between the trilogy, it's pretty sad...

why not they have pylon racers and 3d flying... better right.... even better have jet turbine flyers... that is a must see ahahahahha....
                    I am wondering if there will be any problem with the frequency control? Will they lose control and drop into the sea around it or worst fly towards the people watching? what control measures have they got taken care about. let's keep fingers crossed that nothing bad will happen on the nation's big day. as there are millions watching. i'd be very stress if i am the organizers. better not be shot by anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by basto
                      I am wondering if there will be any problem with the frequency control? Will they lose control and drop into the sea around it or worst fly towards the people watching? what control measures have they got taken care about. let's keep fingers crossed that nothing bad will happen on the nation's big day. as there are millions watching. i'd be very stress if i am the organizers. better not be shot by anyone.
                      Well, if IFOs are a disgrace to Singapore (from Tom's post), I wont care if they crash or what measures. Who cares anyway. If the reference is to imitation, its like ripping music, selling pirated DVDs - extremely frowned upon.

Comment

base on experience from the NDP2005 Kite Flying Team
                        there shouldn't be any frequency control problem becos whatever frequency they are using on that particular day will be reported to the higher level. drop into the sea isn't a big prblm, what they just haf to do is to get the kite back after their flying event and they know what to do with it. control measures has been taken care of... they haf been trained for months and the instructors must have warned them the safety issue. why worry for the organizers?? they are considered as professionals to take up this rewarding event.

so all the best to this year kite flying team...
                        + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
                        p c m 9 x
                        RC Kite
                        S c o r p i o n
                        A L P H A B a b y
                        Ice cream prototype

Comment

funny you should be asking the questions the organisers have asked eons ago....if anything can go wrong...and were to go wrong...the govt and the military units incharge of producing this yrs NDP would already have anticipated....

Basto...all your 6 posts are IFO based....do you not know that we already have channelled all IFO discussions to www.acehobby.com.sg ??

William has experience in the 05 NDP...I'm sure you will get your answers from him. whatever questions you have abt IFO flying on NDP...he will definitely answer it with gusto!
                          TREX 500 ESP
                          Futaba T12FGH

Comment

IFO... Singapore Combat Engineers organizing this year NDP 07

i've been involved in ALL the rehearsals.. AND expected i'm doing mostly NOTHING there ( Zuo Bo LAN ah )

its great to see many young people getting involved in RC NO MATTER how ugly some things might have become

its always a good experience and an excellent start

and its amusing to see those... "flies" at nite crashing into the water, ground etc...
                            The Joker, "I may be crazy enough to take on Batman, but the IRS? Noooo!"

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer
                              and its amusing to see those... "flies" at nite crashing into the water, ground etc...
                              I guess their profit is going to be lower than expected if those planes sink down and unrecoverable

anyway i think hydrofoam with lights would be much more interesting than flying kites...

Comment

Working...
                              X