Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phanchingchong
    Colin....u can take one of my wife's kite. These are the same kites that I fly but made to look the same as mine .... so these are not weaker, slower or lousier kites.

But my lines are a bit mismatched as it they vary significantly in length. I have a 90ft(approx), then it goes to 150, 120. I currently fly with the 90ft which is a multiple cut line. Hmmm.... but must find my wife's handles. If not, I give you a dacron strip and tie it up!
    Wah, good good! Thanks, man! No need handles, lah. I got.
    I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
      Yup, and if someone can lend me a kite, we can have a foursome.
      No worries, I'll bring some extras.
      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by phanchingchong
        Mike, r ur kites highly radical or something slow and easy. U have a milder 7-8ft kite so we can have a more relaxed pace?

Everyone on spectra lines? (our equivalent of frequency check in kiting).
        Yah, I have a couple of the larger and slower kites. And all my lines are spectra.
        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

ok - we are ready to go. Two new quantums. MA's bag, my few. We just need to find the time and the wind friendly days. First session this weekend? I know some of you have great timings even on week days, but I can only join on weekends.

Comment

Hi all,

I try my first Quantum. I found the outer standoff rubber coming out from the rod easily when dismantle the kite. I glue the rubber back. Do all the stunt kites have this problem?

It a present for me on the Eve of New Year. I flew it near my place. Wow, it give me alot of pull during hight up. But same thing intrance mention, do not how to land it. Land head down, heart pain . head was muddy, Wingtip nock also muddy. Need practice alot. By the way it fun....

Tham

Comment

Originally posted by Tham
              Hi all,

I try my first Quantum. I found the outer standoff rubber coming out from the rod easily when dismantle the kite. I glue the rubber back. Do all the stunt kites have this problem?

It a present for me on the Eve of New Year. I flew it near my place. Wow, it give me alot of pull during hight up. But same thing intrance mention, do not how to land it. Land head down, heart pain . head was muddy, Wingtip nock also muddy. Need practice alot. By the way it fun....

Tham
              Oops, I was hoping you'd read the link I gave Intrance before attempting flight!

OK, if you find the standoff coming out too easily from the standoff junctions, you can wrap a bit of insulating tape over the standoff until it fits nicely.

Comment

I used Ca to glue it back and put some oil on the rubber head for smoother insert into the standoff retainer fitting.

Can I use something to cover or protect the wingtip nock getting muddy?

MA:
                Can I use longer spectra line, more than 80 FT(stock), how about 100ft or 200ft. . I find the stock line too short, cannot react fast.

Regards,
                Tham

Comment

Hi all,

Tham
                  Tham.. i did not have the problem u face, yet...the rubbers is still fixed to the rod.

u r right.. it really fun flying one. ..
                  and now im starting to think of wat to get for my second kite...

have u fly with the tail yet..? i tried, but it really slow it down.. will try again in higher wind..
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi intrance,

yours kite is lucky , have QC check. ...

I have not try the tail yet. Last few days raining.

so fast thinking of another kite. You $$$$ rich..

Comment

Hi intrance,

yours kite is lucky , have QC check. ...

I have not try the tail yet. Last few days raining.

so fast thinking of another kite. You $$$$ rich..
                      thinking only.. hehe
                      i have to save.. and if my kids like to fly it.. ive got a reason for my wife, to buy another one...
                      sigpic

Comment

Can I use something to cover or protect the wingtip nock getting muddy?

No point lah..just use a wet cloth and wipe the mud away. The more you add, the heavier the kite.

MA:
                        Can I use longer spectra line, more than 80 FT(stock), how about 100ft or 200ft. . I find the stock line too short, cannot react fast.

The longer the line, the slower the reaction. Your kite is a beginner's kite, so it should be slow. That will leave you a lot of time to react and learn. You will have a harder time with a faster kite.

Once you've gotten used to the control, you can get a faster and smaller kite.

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
                          thinking only.. hehe
                          i have to save.. and if my kids like to fly it.. ive got a reason for my wife, to buy another one...
                          It's quite addictive. Also, back in your mind, you know it's a healthy and wholesome sport!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
                            It's quite addictive. Also, back in your mind, you know it's a healthy and wholesome sport!
                            it is addictive...

but beginner's woe.. have to do alot 'walk of shame'

bro.. do u know any site, dat teach us how to make own kite bridle, how to calculate the length all dat?
                            coz got one cheap 1.6m stunt kite, got from yahoo. i want to try to re-bridled it
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
                              it is addictive...

but beginner's woe.. have to do alot 'walk of shame'

bro.. do u know any site, dat teach us how to make own kite bridle, how to calculate the length all dat?
                              coz got one cheap 1.6m stunt kite, got from yahoo. i want to try to re-bridled it
                              I'm still walking the shame.

Ah bro, bridling a kite is not my forte. This is the kind of things that I'd rather not do. If you have a plan for the kite, perhaps there's some bridle specs there.

Comment

*sigh* Once again I feel like getting a stunt kite. Used to be I was only interested in ULs for off-season kiting. But now, the Prism Quantum is back on my radar and pinging HARD.
                                I can haz diving?

Comment

Working...
                                X