Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phanchingchong
    MA - I want to join but just want to confirm the place. Is it the place at punggol field walk where the planes go up?
    It's the one where we 1st met u with your home-made stunt kite.
    I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
      It's the one where we 1st met u with your home-made stunt kite.
      Wrong, that's the other field. This one's nearer to the main road. OK, see ya. Going there now.
      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

I wonder if the field opposite where we flew would be better..... today we probably had winds of between 0.7 and 1.7.

Comment

yesterday afternoon - woodlands cloudy.. tot going to rain..
          cancel the trip to Punggol..
          6pm still no rain.. went to woodlands field instead..

the quantum fly well amid the gusty wind.. but i cannot even do a simple figure 8.. hands coordination must be wrong...

and the funny thing is.. i dont know how to land it... (no brake line..haha)
          try as i might, still cannot land... at last i just crashed it down

after flew ard 5 min.. i found one of my line stretched ard 3 in.. no pre-stretched i presume.. haiizz
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
            yesterday afternoon - woodlands cloudy.. tot going to rain..
            cancel the trip to Punggol..
            6pm still no rain.. went to woodlands field instead..

the quantum fly well amid the gusty wind.. but i cannot even do a simple figure 8.. hands coordination must be wrong...

and the funny thing is.. i dont know how to land it... (no brake line..haha)
            try as i might, still cannot land... at last i just crashed it down

after flew ard 5 min.. i found one of my line stretched ard 3 in.. no pre-stretched i presume.. haiizz
            Bro, glad to know you've enjoyed flying your Quantum. Dun worry, takes time to learn. It will all come together soon.

As for landing, do it at the window edge, be it a graceful landing or crash. When you are at the edge, the kite will already lost most of it's speed and power, so crashing will be gentle to the frame.

Here's an article which I hope you may find useful.

As for line stretch, it will happen but for a 2-line stunt kite, it's not as critical as a 4-line kite. Most of the time out hands will be able to adjust to the length discrepancy.
            For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Intrance - next time we do team formation flying! yeah more people flying these kites.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
                Bro, glad to know you've enjoyed flying your Quantum. Dun worry, takes time to learn. It will all come together soon.

As for landing, do it at the window edge, be it a graceful landing or crash. When you are at the edge, the kite will already lost most of it's speed and power, so crashing will be gentle to the frame.

Here's an article which I hope you may find useful.

As for line stretch, it will happen but for a 2-line stunt kite, it's not as critical as a 4-line kite. Most of the time out hands will be able to adjust to the length discrepancy.
                window edge.. hmmm never think of that...
                thanks bro.. will do some reading...

phang.. let me familiarise with the kite first...
                sigpic

Comment

window edge.. hmmm never think of that...
                  thanks bro.. will do some reading...

phang.. let me familiarise with the kite first...
                  BTW, isn't there a manual?

Comment

BTW, isn't there a manual?
                    manual?

its only an instructions.. guiding u how to assemble and how to set the bridle..
                    it teach u how to launch the kite.. dats it..

and oh.. it tell u to take precaution when flying..
                    no flying near people, lamp post, building and bla bla bla

frankly.. i tot.. the manual will be extensive.. coz the kite is aim for a beginner.. at least teach u a simple trick.. but...
                    sigpic

Comment

manual?

its only an instructions.. guiding u how to assemble and how to set the bridle..
                      it teach u how to launch the kite.. dats it..

and oh.. it tell u to take precaution when flying..
                      no flying near people, lamp post, building and bla bla bla

frankly.. i tot.. the manual will be extensive.. coz the kite is aim for a beginner.. at least teach u a simple trick.. but...
                      I would have thought there will be at least some info on how to get the kite down.

Wah, in that case, please get Tham to read the article first before he starts to fly!

Comment

Like planes, there nothing like flying in a group to learn. I can do sort of figure of eights and stuff ... the easy stuff. Perhaps we can gather and I dun mind helping... (I am sure MA would oso if his shift fits).

Comment

Originally posted by phanchingchong
                          Like planes, there nothing like flying in a group to learn. I can do sort of figure of eights and stuff ... the easy stuff. Perhaps we can gather and I dun mind helping... (I am sure MA would oso if his shift fits).
                          Yeah, it will be a blast flying in a group!

Comment

Yup, and if someone can lend me a kite, we can have a foursome.
                            I can haz diving?

Comment

Colin....u can take one of my wife's kite. These are the same kites that I fly but made to look the same as mine .... so these are not weaker, slower or lousier kites.

But my lines are a bit mismatched as it they vary significantly in length. I have a 90ft(approx), then it goes to 150, 120. I currently fly with the 90ft which is a multiple cut line. Hmmm.... but must find my wife's handles. If not, I give you a dacron strip and tie it up!

Comment

Mike, r ur kites highly radical or something slow and easy. U have a milder 7-8ft kite so we can have a more relaxed pace?

Everyone on spectra lines? (our equivalent of frequency check in kiting).

Comment

Working...
                                X