Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nixaad
    Seriously ah? helium can be sold to public? Just asking coz very the curious.

cheers!

If cannot find then go to balloon stores loh.............
    Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
    Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
    Esky Dauphin
    Walkera Lama 2
    Walkera 5G6
    Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
    Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
    Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad
      Seriously ah? helium can be sold to public? Just asking coz very the curious.

cheers!

EHh I mean bring your blimp down to the store and then pay the store owner a small price to ask her/him to fill up your blimp. Not buy the whole helium tank........
      Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
      Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
      Esky Dauphin
      Walkera Lama 2
      Walkera 5G6
      Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
      Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
      Brushless Micro-T

Comment

RC Airships

I have owned an RC Blimp for about four years. I paid a deposit on a tank (which actually means you are buying it for all intents and purposes) and then Balloon Baron in Tampines will pick up your tank and deliver a new one when you run out. The problem with going to a florist is that these things leak helium and need a top-up fairly regularly. This is particularly true with mine, as it has a camera attached to it.

They sell a number of rc airships locally, but they are not terribly sophisticated, but very affordable. I have the Plantraco Tri-Turbofan which works well. They also have a much smaller version (too small for a camera) that I think works even better. The drawback to this one is that the balloon envelope is a flying saucer shape, although the same product can be found with blimp-shaped envelope from other places (West Coast Blimp, I think) The Plantraco blimps have much more sophisticated electronics, and a 900 mhz transmitter.

Hope all this helps.

Dale Smith

Comment

Originally posted by ssling
          I have owned an RC Blimp for about four years. I paid a deposit on a tank (which actually means you are buying it for all intents and purposes) and then Balloon Baron in Tampines will pick up your tank and deliver a new one when you run out. The problem with going to a florist is that these things leak helium and need a top-up fairly regularly. This is particularly true with mine, as it has a camera attached to it.

They sell a number of rc airships locally, but they are not terribly sophisticated, but very affordable. I have the Plantraco Tri-Turbofan which works well. They also have a much smaller version (too small for a camera) that I think works even better. The drawback to this one is that the balloon envelope is a flying saucer shape, although the same product can be found with blimp-shaped envelope from other places (West Coast Blimp, I think) The Plantraco blimps have much more sophisticated electronics, and a 900 mhz transmitter.

Hope all this helps.

Dale Smith
          hi DS,

where did you buy your airship in SG, and how much did you get it for?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by novalogix
            Anyone here tried building and flying a RC airship? How big was it? Care to share some experience/stories?

I want to experiment AP with an airship as a technical exercise.
            hi novalogix, you have PM.

Comment

I remember seeing one in action in our very own Kallang indoor stadium a couple of years back during some sports tournament.. can't remember whether was it some badminton or basketball matches though..

Comment

Yeah, wonder how do airships work?

Do they function with twin EDF thrust vectoring?

There are two types of airship - one is the zeppelin, the other is the blimp.
                "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Reminds me of how I had proposed to my wife when my airship flew away with the ring !!!

Luckily it was a trial ring !!!...
                  Vincent
                  BEAM
                  Z-Power Z10A
                  QUARK 33
                  H65MG Servos
                  GY401 Gyro

Comment

newbie here

Hi people, new here.Basically got a school project to do and got some questions to ask bros here regarding airship. Any help is deeply appreciated.
                    1) Does SG has shops that sell airship parts?
                    2) Are there motors as light/lighter as 5g? If there is, is it powerful? Where am I able to find them?

Thanks for reading.

Comment

i think rotor has the airship/s.. not sure which model though
                      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                        i think rotor has the airship/s.. not sure which model though
                        where is this place? can PM me? thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahkek
                          where is this place? can PM me? thanks!!
                          shop.r o t o r.com.sg
                          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Working...
                          X