Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC Airships

Anyone here tried building and flying a RC airship? How big was it? Care to share some experience/stories?

I want to experiment AP with an airship as a technical exercise.
    Fly or Die!

if i nv remember wrongly rotor got sell rite.. hahaa..
    i saw ppl in hk flying b4..
    demn cool.. haha

Comment

anyone wanna try build one?

i have the idea but anyone know where to do the calculations and all? its will be cool if we have a "stable" aerial camera to film our flights EP and all hehehe

problem:
      1. where to get helium?
      2. H2 will explode hehehe
      3. hot air? transform the heat from the motor (combustion engine) and batt to sustain the hot air..

Comment

hmm..seems to be interesting... are you guys referring to the one something that looks like the DHL? but it is movable right and the frame is oval in shape?

this is just my opinion:
        why dont you guys make use of the IFO stuffs to make the frame like the carbon rod and the cloth? then use three ducted fan; two to lift the airship and one to propel the airship? take one servo to control the ducted fan which propel forward so that it can turn and so allow the airship to turn too..everything will be very light and very cheap too.. this is just my idea..

Comment

haha helium sounds good.... i can give u a chalenge if u want... make an accurate model of the heindenburg
          Helis
          Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by nesgnak
            anyone wanna try build one?

i have the idea but anyone know where to do the calculations and all? its will be cool if we have a "stable" aerial camera to film our flights EP and all hehehe

problem:
            1. where to get helium?
            2. H2 will explode hehehe
            3. hot air? transform the heat from the motor (combustion engine) and batt to sustain the hot air..

Balloon stores, gift stores or art store will most likely to have helium.
            Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
            Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
            Esky Dauphin
            Walkera Lama 2
            Walkera 5G6
            Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
            Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
            Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Originally posted by lampard
              this is just my opinion:
              why dont you guys make use of the IFO stuffs to make the frame like the carbon rod and the cloth? then use three ducted fan; two to lift the airship and one to propel the airship? take one servo to control the ducted fan which propel forward so that it can turn and so allow the airship to turn too..everything will be very light and very cheap too.. this is just my idea..
              I think tis will not lift off high enough leh. U need either hot air or lighter than atmospheric air like helium or hydrogen.

How much upward thrust can the two ducted fan sustain n wat type of batts u expect to give u good flight time???

Comment

if i am nt wrong G3.5 got one airship too...
                uses servols and two ducted fan?
                servol install to ducted fan to control the orentation?

Comment

Theory is probably you can route some of the current from battery into a heating coil which heats up the air inside the bag or balloon... but that's going into electronics already.
                  "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by LittleGiant
                    Balloon stores, gift stores or art store will most likely to have helium.
                    Seriously ah? helium can be sold to public? Just asking coz very the curious.

cheers!
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

but they dont sell helium just like tt right. normally is like u buy a tank/ rent the tank and stuffs like tt.. do they sell like gimme a packet of helim??

Comment

Aquarium and planted fishtank hobbyists have small gas tanks used to contain CO2...maybe you can order 'helium' by the tankload?
                        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

what I'm trying to convey is, aren't gases sold require stringent conditions from sellers and buyers? I mean is there laws to permit selling gases to the public? Not the natural gases that comes from your very bottom... :p

If it is ok to buy heliums from such stores, hey! I'd made a hellota airships and flew at the playground and have children chase after them.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Maybe you can call and ask?

I've been buying CO2 in tanks for my aquatic plants for months. Besides, if normal civilians like store owners can buy large tanks of helium, why can't you? The problem is getting a metal gas tank to store it in. In addition, in my opinion gas suppliers are not exactly very flexible, perhaps you can ask the store owner where he gets his gas from.

As from the gas tank, maybe you can buy 2nd hand from aquatic hobby forums.

Comment

Forgot to add, I think thinkgeek.com used to sell them...
                              View all results for . Search our huge selection of new and used video games at fantastic prices at GameStop.

Quote from the site. Note that it's based in USA.
                              You can purchase home use helium tanks (pre-filled) at most toy, party and discount stores. Or take it to the nearest florist for a fill-up.

Comment

Working...
                              X