Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intrance
    guys, i need ur advice.
    I intend to get another kite, slightly bigger, maybe 4m or 5m ..
    coz i hate to take turn with my kids..

im eyeing blaze 5.0m (US$119) maybe can order by next month..

but i really like to have buster II.. 4m or 5m (E$157 and $185).. all becoz of the goodies dat come with it.. hahha
    or pepper 4.5m or 5.5m (E$164 and $175).. can order 3 or 4 months later..
    or maybe buster 4.0m (E$124).. see budget first

so wat do u guys think...
    oh ya...which kite have better flying characteristic?

i dont want to buy and later regret..

TIA
    Before you buy, you can test out my Pepper 5.5 and Blaze 5.0 first. See it for yourself if you like it. As for Buster II, sorry sir, I can't help you.

But a lot of ppl say, unless you've flown many many kites, you wouldn't know the difference between a Blade III and a Blaze. Hahahahaha.......think about it.
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
      MA has got about 43,524 different kites.
      That bad huh?
      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
        Before you buy, you can test out my Pepper 5.5 and Blaze 5.0 first. See it for yourself if you like it. As for Buster II, sorry sir, I can't help you.

But a lot of ppl say, unless you've flown many many kites, you wouldn't know the difference between a Blade III and a Blaze. Hahahahaha.......think about it.

it so true...

anyway tq guys for ur offer.. will definitely love to try and test them..
        sigpic

Comment

OK, this Friday evening, I'll make a trip to Tuas South. Will probably be there early, 4pm. Later need to fetch wifey.

Comment

WOW! Wind for 24hrs again! Think I'll go to Bishan this evening to test things out first.

Comment

The place I went is near the Tuas Power Station. If you face the station, you must turn right. Then go straight down the road to a small Police container box. Go past this box. It's the field on the right of this box. Many tufts of stiff grass, mimosa and things sticking out of the ground. Sand is soft. The pipes sticking out of the ground make for good kite stakes.
              I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by rc1q2w3e4r
                I think it is as the website already states "Made in China"

Thanks for ordering for me.
                Your Pink Legend has just landed!

Comment

The place I went is near the Tuas Power Station. If you face the station, you must turn right. Then go straight down the road to a small Police container box. Go past this box. It's the field on the right of this box. Many tufts of stiff grass, mimosa and things sticking out of the ground. Sand is soft. The pipes sticking out of the ground make for good kite stakes.
                  Think I'll go to the field extremekite pointed out. Somehow, stiff grass, mimosa and things sticking out of the ground doesn't sound that inviting to me.

Comment

So when you want your kite? Just checked the postage. It's 376 yuan, which's about $74! It's 1/3 the cost of the kite.

Comment

MA - u are really into torturing people like me. I keep seeing those nice kite in bag pics once they arrive. Must really ask Home CFO whether I can get one of my own.

Comment

Originally posted by phanchingchong
                        MA - u are really into torturing people like me. I keep seeing those nice kite in bag pics once they arrive. Must really ask Home CFO whether I can get one of my own.
                        At $116 for a 3.0M foil, PLUS free courier, you can't ask for more.....hahahahaha.

Comment

Think I'll go to the field extremekite pointed out. Somehow, stiff grass, mimosa and things sticking out of the ground doesn't sound that inviting to me.

Er...this IS the field he goes to. I called him up to check with him. As for the kite, I think earliest is next week. Maybe Thursday or Friday.
                          I can haz diving?

Comment

Just now I saw two ppl flying a kite at bishan park. Blue kite.

Comment

Not that bad lah. You hardly see mimosa if you walk in for about 50m. Look at the photos that another guy posted on the site. And I don't remember seeing lots of stiff grass as well.

It's a field from heaven, and believe me, this is not the peak of the wind scale yet. But it's damn hot there.

Going there this Sunday to buggy. But do watch out for Police, sometime they are too free or may be not many bad guys running around, they will ask for your IC and autograph. I'll tell them to fly kite with me.

Comment

Originally posted by extremekite
                                It's a field from heaven, and believe me, this is not the peak of the wind scale yet. But it's damn hot there.

Going there this Sunday to buggy. But do watch out for Police, sometime they are too free or may be not many bad guys running around, they will ask for your IC and autograph. I'll tell them to fly kite with me.
                                Hot is right. Absolutely no shade. Those driving there may want to think of a way to rig some sort of shelter using ground sheet, comms cord, back door of SUV/MPV, and whatever. Bring a cooler of beer, soft drinks and ice. And plain water.

If you buggy, don't u have to look out for pipes and small mounds? And zipping past those mimosa bushes can rip skin. However, it still sounds like fun. And for those with kites bigger than 3M, it's harness territory there. And a ground stake will be brought the next time i go.

Anyway, what time Sunday? Can anybody pick me up along the NEL up til Outram, or along the E-W MRT line from Outram to Boon Lay? ;)

I think during weekdays, the police post not manned. I didn't see anyone in there. Also, you must have been a naughty policeman to be stationed there for duty on a weekend.
                                I can haz diving?

Comment

Working...
                                X