Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently quad line kites can reverse launch. That's good. But now you have the most experience among us 3. Heheh. These days, swaying trees are all I notice.
    I can haz diving?

Comment

Fear not! The trees around Punggol Beach sways much harder.

BTW, I still haven't unfolded my Pepper yet! This is as far as I went.

Shoot! It's pouring now!

For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

I'm inspired to take pix of my Fury by your pix, MA.

1. Side profile of Bag
        2. Pic of Bag with Handle
        3. All the Bits
        4. Handles and Lines
        5. Kite Width

I can haz diving?

Comment

More pix:

6. Double-stitched Mylar edge
          7. Underside of Fury
          8. Topside of Fury
          9. Imp and Fury

I can haz diving?

Comment

Wah....high quality stuff! Every angle looks more high class than my Pepper! From bag to lines.
            For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
              Wah....high quality stuff! Every angle looks more high class than my Pepper! From bag to lines.
              Heheh. I finally took it out to see. Wah...very big, man. Wider than I am tall. Too bad rained....now sure no wind. And wet...don't think I want to get my baby wet so soon...
              I can haz diving?

Comment

Small reminder : Take it out in small winds. dun wan to kill yourself....YET..

I think i no need to take any photos, MA has done it for me !!

I almost flew it today... Just before it rained, the wind was blowing like crazy. I dropped everything, grab the kite bag, ran downstairs. 30s later, Its started raining like pigs and elephants. Wanted for the rain to stop... 2 hours, then there was NO wind at all.. Not even a bird's fart. I glance at the trees every 5 mins to no avail.

Hai~ Why am I being tortured like this ? Pray hard it is good weather tommorow.

By the way, have you guys tried flying at night ? I think i am desperate enough to do that.... The firefly guys just gave me a brilliant idea, what if we put LEDs on our kite ?

Comment

Its all nightbreed's fault... He's the one who posted the first picture and got us all addicted !

Oh ya, I think I am gonna open a new topic 'Power/traction Kite' instead of 'My kite ' People might be thinking why guys like us playing with kids toys.

Comment

Tried kiting at night too. Got to pay more attention because of low visibility. As long as got ambient light from nearby street lamps or buildings, u shld be able to see your kite. And since your kite is bright-coloured (white, yellow, blue), shld not be too difficult to see. Don't know how adding lights and power source will alter flight characteristics of kite, though.

I went through a tuff 30minutes of untangling my lines today...somehow, the 4 lines got all snagged...I hope i packed it right. I figure I have to walk back and forth 3 times each to lay and pack the kite. That's 6 x 25m = 150m...heheh.

Punggol beach tide seems to have changed timing...these days, tide is still high even at 5pm. That's less area to lay your lines...And my kite's wing span is actually longer than me even if I laid down and stretched myself out, finger tips to toes.

It's curious that even after so many posts on this topic, we do not seem to have generated more interest in this forum...Maybe pple giving us 3 nuts a wide berth and leaving us to our own devices... Hopefully some pix of us being dragged to around grinning dementedly will arouse more interest.
                    I can haz diving?

Comment

tt dae i saw a man n a woman flying at punggol beach. is tt u? can u tell me where to buy one?

Comment

Originally posted by peiyin
                        tt dae i saw a man n a woman flying at punggol beach. is tt u? can u tell me where to buy one?
                        Hmm...not quite possible. I usually kite alone. Also, you can't get traction kites in Singapore. Check the other thread "Power / Traction Kites" or read through this whole thread to get an idea of what this is all about and possible places to get kites. I'm taking orders for another shipment. Let me know by Friday if you need anything. Heheh...don't expect it to be cheap! You working or studying? Live anywhere near Punggol Beach or coastal areas?
                        I can haz diving?

Comment

Heheh. If maths and peiyin get a kite, then there will be a total of 5 kiters in this forum! Yay!!!

YH, when you kite, are any of your friends/colleagues around? I hope they get interested, too. As for me, I have yet to find a colleague or friend who is interested in the same things as I am. I seem to be unique in this way...
                          I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
                            Heheh. If maths and peiyin get a kite, then there will be a total of 5 kiters in this forum! Yay!!!

YH, when you kite, are any of your friends/colleagues around? I hope they get interested, too. As for me, I have yet to find a colleague or friend who is interested in the same things as I am. I seem to be unique in this way...
                            You should show it to all the youngsters.

Comment

Heheh. Today I did...to about 70 of them...unfortunately, the kites aren't that affordable to them.

But I hope to have planted at least some interest...

When I told them Fury cost me $500+, jaws dropped.
                              I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
                                Heheh. Today I did...to about 70 of them...unfortunately, the kites aren't that affordable to them.

But I hope to have planted at least some interest...

When I told them Fury cost me $500+, jaws dropped.
                                Start showing them the delta stunt kites lah.....young children need to start somewhere. 2 line foils are cheap too.

Comment

Working...
                                X