Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even a license does not ensure proficient flying. Example, drivers have to sit for exams and get a license, but we still have plenty of road accidents, don't we?

Given the fact that accidents cannot be fully prevented, perhaps next time RC enthusiasts have to buy 3rd party insurance?? I know this is a requirement in some countries...
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

People can get killed and injured doing anything lah.. In one of Singapore ESPN competition, a 14 year old died practicing stunt. Yes, authority cut short the event, but what happen today?? A bigger Xtreme sport park is setup and supported by many..

Accident happens.. Anywhere and at anytime, and no matter how careful, and that's the simple reason why it's called an accident..

For RC.. I think most things are blown out of proportion lah.. See some video in Stomp.. People here start hammering liao..

To what I'm seeing. It's just a video clip of a nice model jet taking off, and can imagine that the owner is having a blast of a time, be passionate lah.. That's what this hobby is about right??

and for the benefit of this topic discussion.. IMO. Only an experience hobbyist will attempt to take off on a public road.

Now.. Talking safety and where to fly and where not to fly with an experience hobbyist and with passion burning inside?? I think more like courting trouble right?? as taking off on a deserted road and on an open field is equally arguable.

Comment

Totally agree ! ...We've seen so many Airlines crashes where hundreds lose their lives, ...so do we ban Air transportation ?
        The important thing is to find out how it happened and take decisive steps to ensure it doesn't happen again.

The safety culture of the group of buddies you're flying with is important ! ...if they're a 'Boh chup' lot then I fear something serious will happen sooner or later (murphy's law)

You may laugh at this but over here, we once issued a STOP ALL WORK/FLYING of 0.61 engine powered control-line basic trainer models because one of the model's prop loosen and flew out during starting.
        We were not gonna risk having a 6"x3" plastic prop do that again and possibily blinding or injuring a student until we were sure it was just a one off case of the owner not tightening the prop nut enough.

I would like to end with this phase;
        "If we see a dangerous act or potential hazard and choose to keep quiet and not do something to mitagate the danger, then we are just as guilty as the perpetrator who caused the accident should one occur"

Sometimes, we have to be the Bad guy (Pie Nan) in order to be the Good guy !
        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post

I would like to end with this phase;
          "If we see a dangerous act or potential hazard and choose to keep quiet and not do something to mitagate the danger, then we are just as guilty as the perpetrator who caused the accident should one occur"

Sometimes, we have to be the Bad guy (Pie Nan) in order to be the Good guy !
          Well said my friend......
          I"m A Budget Racer...
          With Not So Deep Pocket...

Comment

Agree we ourselves should begin with safety first.
            Don't fly or behave in a way that is objectionable as follows:-

1) Fly in a dangerous manner .

2) Fly near other people homes. ( people took offence of flyer intruding into their privacies especially if the plane are camera mounted)

3) Fly noisy plane at odd or early hours near people homes....guarantee 100 % complain.

4) Post picture that raise more question than the picture itself...like it appear to be near road, homes, MRT lines.

5) Keep the surrounding area clean.

6) Fly near a real aircraft ...I personally witness this and

plus many more to describe...

Cheers

Comment

I believe your no. 4 is the most relevant point for the younger generation nowadays who like to post photos and, worse, videos, of their actions, be it right or wrong, on the open internet.

It's ridiculous, especially if the video is going to serve as evidence of the poster's own crime / negligence / stupidity
              ------------------------------
              Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
              NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Agree with Ghostfit.. IMHO. Not that people don't want to be a pei nang.. I believe many people knows of impending danger. But choose to give benefit of the doubt instate.. Here's a link to a flying site.. Which is near high ways, and fly over, and have seen videos posted here of planes flying in front of whizzing traffic at that field.. http://wikimapia.org/10749563/PFW-RC-Flying-Area

Not trying to be funny here seriously.. All dudes knows what they're doing , and all are passionate, and have safety in mind.. Which goes back to the point where we'll rather enjoy the model then to speculate to where it is and why it's there.. as at the end of the day, it's passion that people put up picture and video, for the purpose of showcasing the "Model" and the way it flies as well as the hobbyist skill, not the place..

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
                  Here's a link to a flying site.. Which is near high ways, and fly over, and have seen videos posted here of planes flying in front of whizzing traffic at that field..
                  Dude ! ...name me one flying field in Singapore which is NOT next to an in service road ?
                  Even BBAFC is right alongside a rather busy highway !!! ...Don't you think it's pointless highlighting a problem that every FF faces ?

This is something we have to deal with living in a land scarce country.
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

My friend. You're right.. Which is why. Enjoy the video.. After all, it's a nice model, don't even want to bother where it is.. which have triggered me to want to go buy a jet and take up planes instate of being too obsess with Helicopters..

OK lah.. I tend to look more on the good then the bad ones, as I'll know there are dudes there that will pull these lose cannon to the regular field.. which is the right thing to do.

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                    Dude ! ...name me one flying field in Singapore which is NOT next to an in service road ?
                    Even BBAFC is right alongside a rather busy highway !!! ...Don't you think it's pointless highlighting a problem that every FF faces ?

This is something we have to deal with living in a land scarce country.

Comment

Working...
                    X