• Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC hobbyist carries out take off runs on RD

found this in STOMP

Sad. Really sad.

Comment

what a nice picture......
      i would think the stomper is the owner of the bird lor..

Comment

How can be like that ? Never think other peoples safety . If kkeep on going , I am sure Government will do something, then we lost can't fly anymore, please think before do , don't be selfish Hero

Comment

Not to worry too much. This STOMP website is never taken seriously. The posters are generally regarded as what chinese say "eat too full and nothing to do" kind of people...

The comments tacked on the post already tells you what most people think of the poster!

I have bad experience with reckless sports cyclists on the road... and can take some photos too next time. But you don't see any calls to ban them from the road... I'm pretty sure a cyclist at speed can cause more damage than a RC foamie
          ------------------------------
          Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
          NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

The comments are really funny. Made my day on a dreary tuesday.

"I guess "MEGATRON" instructed "STAR-CREAM" to survey that area if there are "ENERGON cubes"... "

"One of the coolest model I've seen! Sure sounded like a jet engine when it powered up.. The owner has much to lose if he crashes that into a car so I'm sure it is a remote location.. Like a road leading up to a school on Sunday.. So, ease up and pull that stick out of that butthole, aight? Just a suggestion.. "

""....from a road that is in use...."

I see 20 cars waiting in line at the picture posted above.

"BTW, is that a F22 model ? Comes with remote triggered missiles or weapon control ? "

"The plane could be a F-35 or F-22. very nice. the manufacturer should have other planes too. F-16, F-15, F/A-18 or even the Russian MIGs or SUs in their showrooms.

saw F-16 before in White/Red/Blue colors. the propeller is in the air intake vent below the cockpit. very ingenious design."

"younger days, I was very much into RC toys. but couldn't really afford them. now got money, but no energy liao.

i hope more people take up this interesting RC hobby. RC boats, RC submarines, RC fighters, Helis, cars... bring them on. "
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
              Not to worry too much. This STOMP website is never taken seriously. The posters are generally regarded as what chinese say "eat too full and nothing to do" kind of people...

The comments tacked on the post already tells you what most people think of the poster!

I have bad experience with reckless sports cyclists on the road... and can take some photos too next time. But you don't see any calls to ban them from the road... I'm pretty sure a cyclist at speed can cause more damage than a RC foamie
              I am sorry to point out that you are sadly wrong. It is not whether people take it seriously or not, it is about our actions as rcist. We should not accept this act as it is simply irresponsible and outrightly mindless. What was the flyer trying to display here? That he is able to take off and fly? or that it is normal to take off on a service road? In addition, it is not about who makes more damage....any damage is damage done. The fact that flying off a working road is wreckless and needlessly inconsiderate which is not something that anyone of us should proudly display it on the net. Furthemore, the one responsible, posted his video on a public website. Remember, even the authorities have internet access and it would be IRRESPONSIBLE to post such irresponsible acts at least to other flyers. For the sake of others I hope the parties responsible would refrain from doing such things or worse : posting such things on the internet. I am sorry if I have offended anyone.
              Go back in one piece to fly another day.
              Having fun yet?
              36.39mhz
              40.77mhz

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly View Post
                I am sorry to point out that you are sadly wrong. It is not whether people take it seriously or not, it is about our actions as rcist. We should not accept this act as it is simply irresponsible and outrightly mindless. What was the flyer trying to display here? That he is able to take off and fly? or that it is normal to take off on a service road? In addition, it is not about who makes more damage....any damage is damage done. The fact that flying off a working road is wreckless and needlessly inconsiderate which is not something that anyone of us should proudly display it on the net. Furthemore, the one responsible, posted his video on a public website. Remember, even the authorities have internet access and it would be IRRESPONSIBLE to post such irresponsible acts at least to other flyers. For the sake of others I hope the parties responsible would refrain from doing such things or worse : posting such things on the internet. I am sorry if I have offended anyone.
                I am 110% behind you.
                This act will effect all RC flyers in Singapore.

Comment

did a search in the internet, turn out the person who dig out video clips dated 5 months ago could be a "someboby" from RMS! or maybe they juz happen to bear the same name!

Comment

Bro..

You mean this guy?

http://rms.org.sg/rms/modules/news/

He is Anthony Low but not so sure he is the one complaining...

Comment

Originally posted by TTT View Post
                      Bro..

You mean this guy?

http://rms.org.sg/rms/modules/news/

He is Anthony Low but not so sure he is the one complaining...
                      like i said "could" be! but i'am sure the person is up to no good, why would he search for video clips 5 months ago and post it in stomp! at the same time i do agree ROG or take off from road is a

Comment

hey Guys,

I am not sure where you guys are going with this but I am actually not interested to know who posted it. Rather, I am more interested to find out who did the flying and where he did it. It looked like Anchorvale to me (may be wrong) and if it is, I can see how you guys may have vested interest in that area since you are flying there regularly? If you do and you have already make a stand that using a service road is a no no, then help to enforce it.

It really doesn't matter if the video is posted 5months ago. I was at Anchorvale just in Dec and I myself saw someone taking off from the road, I think Bigkid and TTT yourselves were there too. It is not an ancient issue we are facing here where police still wear shorts, it is very much a current issue imho. Seriously, whoever uploaded the video or pictures (youtube and flickr mentioned in stomp) in the first place is already courting trouble, he wanted the attention, he wanted it to be seen. Now it is seen, the same guy want to complain about the kind of attention he is getting?
                        Last edited by edmond22; 01-03-2010, 01:47 PM.
                        Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

It could be a closed road that vehicles cannot enter anyway.

People at stomp are really eat too much nothing to do. Always go around taking photo of other people smooching etc.
                          Sengkang random flier

Comment

regardsless, things like this could give the wrong impression to individuals that do not care about the hobby and are just waiting for te right time to take action...as we all know, the news from malaysia is not helping if he/she knows about it and can use against all

Comment

I will not be surprise they enforce that all RC hobbyist take a license in order to fly..... lets all keep a low profile and enjoy what we are all enjoying to do.......

Comment

Working...
                              X