Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Starts and Winch Launch notice

Hi to all non motorised Die-hards ,

Just thought I'll start an announcement thread for those interested in Hi-starts or Winch launching their gliders for a spot of TD flying.
    Those with the launching equipment could just post the location, time and limitations (i.e: 2m, 3m etc)

Others just bring your gliders along and have fun.

Hopefully in time, we could built up sufficient interests and skills to form a F3B/F3J WC team !

Cheers !
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

F3B/F3J WC team
    One of my life long dreams to do. Cldn't care for anything else if that's a real possibilty.

Thanx!
    SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lu wei yao
      F3B/F3J WC team
      One of my life long dreams to do. Cldn't care for anything else if that's a real possibilty.

Thanx!
      Are you sure? How about some nice showgirls to spice up the events?

Comment

eh Ken,

Please call me for show related matters....

Your wish will be my command....

just pay $$$$$

TREX 500 ESP
        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

ART,

I hope u have better QC than tis event. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324236

Esp. contestant no.10

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
            ART,

I hope u have better QC than tis event. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324236

Esp. contestant no.10
            WahLau, did they realise it's a racequeen selection at all?

Comment

just kill me....

TREX 500 ESP
              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

OMGWTFBBQ!!! no#10!!!!
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Have her stand at the end of the histart, i will make sure my glider goes straight in front rather than upwards......

Comment

Originally posted by ammo
                    Have her stand at the end of the histart, i will make sure my glider goes straight in front rather than upwards......
                    You Hi-start system will give a you a fault start.

Comment

By the way, we tried out the dynaflite histart last sunday at pfw on tony's 2m fling, it managed to take it up reasonably. I'll bring it along for the BBQ evening also, something smaller than 2m might be good

Comment

I wander if Francis had pick up the motor from Votices? He is on a Winch project now. Hope things kick off well. Els have to wait for the 120size tow plane liao.

P.S. btw i just got a new regulator, the 4m is back in service.
                        sigpic
                        FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Yup he has...the project is on going, getting expensive though according to Francis. The spool needs to be machined. Anybody know where to get the tow rope.? Does NTC carry tow rope?

Now we need a powerful battery, one that is enough for at least 30 launches. Probably going to try at ave 5.
                          Last edited by Vortices; 03-04-2008, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ammo
                            Why are you torturing your glider ?

Originally posted by Vortices
                            Yup he has...the project is on going, hetting expensive though according to Francis. The spool needs to be machined. Anybody know where to get the tow rope.? Does NTC carry tpw rope?

Now we need a powerful battery, one that is enough for at least 30 launches. Probably going to try at ave 5.
                            Does the winch uses the same tow lines as the Hi-starts ? ...I think we can get this at the big fishing tackle shop at beach road.

I salute Francis for embarking on this project which in the long run will benefit us all and I would like to contribute by passing the hat around to all potential Winch launch users to help him defray the cost of building the device.
                            If you wish to contribute, just copy and add your nick and whatever amount you wish to the list, ...the final say is still up to Francis, as he could have other plans and may not want this donation.

Winch device contribution
                            1) Ghostfit ($30)
                            2)
                            3)
                            4)
                            5)
                            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Vortices
                              Yup he has...the project is on going, hetting expensive though according to Francis. The spool needs to be machined. Anybody know where to get the tow rope.? Does NTC carry tpw rope?

I wander if those rock climbing rope will do the trick? Or those that look like shoe laces selling at army market? Dark green, comes in a big roll...
                              sigpic
                              FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Working...
                              X