Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raven
    lost the nose cone for my Windrider Fox. It should be around the mid/lower area of the slope on the right side. Its plastic and white in colour. If anyone happen to see it do let me know ok.
    Opps ! ...bro, you just reminded me about the "Sure Catch" nose cone I promised you !
    ...Brought it down the other day but forgot to hand it over to you !

update: ...I found something better (dun have to microballoon the tip ) ...got one for you ...please remind me the next time we meet at BR !
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Control Check before Launching

At slope today, i was so anxious to launch my Easy Glider, forgot my own golden rule before ever taking flight - check control surfaces for full and correct movement.

Yelled "Launching!" threw glider off slope and watch helplessly as it majestically sailed into a graceful left turn and kissed the road hard, breaking the nose yet again, barely missing people sitting nearby, while I frantically moved the TX sticks.

Kicked myself when I realised my TX was not switched on.

Kicked myself again when I realised this embarrasing and potentially dangerous situation could have been avoided if I had done the control checks diligently before each and every flight as I have been doing since I took up the hobby couple of months back.

Kicked myself yet again when I realised all this happen cos I was so anxious to fly for just a few minutes before I had to leave for an appointment that I threw all safetly precautions out of the window.

Hope no one else makes the same mistake as I, that is, being so anxious to fly that I forgot all the safety precautions and necessay checks before flying.

Comment

This is very common. Very often, we get too carried away as we fly our slope gliders as R/C flying usually never come as easy as this. However, we must always be mindful that this euphoric sense occurs from time to time and we must control ourselves.

For example, when the wind turns bad and people are forced to land thier gliders due to lack of lift. Very often, the first thing we do after our model touch the ground, is to dash downslope to pick it up. While doing that, we always forgot that there are other planes landing as well, and some poor chaps may have to force to crash land thier planes, just to avoid it hitting the person. Worst still, some insensitive chap will pick up his model at the middle of the slope and launch it in the air again, while everybody else is trying to land thier planes.

The next example is when people get too carried away while lanuching thier planes. Very often, we get too eager to launch our model after seeing other people enjoying in the good lifts. In the process, we forgot to check for the air traffic and will launch our models straight into somebody else models' flying or landing path. This is particularly annoying which creates a lot of unhappiness on the slope. At the very least, try not to cut short of somebody else's fun. Also, for models which are to be flown for the first time, it is best to choose a clear area for the launch to give some allowance to some unexpected flying characteristics. There are many cases where poeple launch thier models for the first time, just to see them smack into somebody else's face. Please do your risk assessment before commencing your maiden flights.

In a nutshell, we have to stay vigilant at all time while we fly, recognise your euphoric moments and avoid getting carried away.

Comment

I was at the slope after work today at about 6.00pm. The wind was pretty strong at the beginning and all the guys there had a good time in the air.
          After everybody left, I was alone and had the sky to myself.

The wind turned calmer and was not as gusty as before. I practice my landing and learned to push elevator down while the glider floated about 1-2m above the ground. Once I pushed to lightly and the fuselage touched the ground and took off again!!

Too bad had to pack up as the visibility was getting poorer at dusk......

MS

Comment

long time never been BR but today wind is very good!!
            [SIGPIC][SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]DagoRed Rs131MPH[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Took my Thermal sailor out today. At launch it took off very stable. I lost control at about 10m.
              Crash into a tree at bottom of slope. Found out later that my Rx was faulty and had no range.
              Need a new pair of wings.

Comment

Today's wind was excellent...!!! straight on to the slope. plenty of thermal and not too hot towards the later part of the day. Hopefully tomorrow is the same.

sorry MSC for your plane. It is a nice plane.

Comment

Br

GOt a tip off from sniperwj and rushed to br yesterday. glad to feel the wind back. got 2 disappointed days last week at slope, thot season maybe over.

tried combat with 1 guy, heard them calling him dennis. it was fun. got my delta wing caught up in the tree. retreived it and got a broken fin.

aiming to go down today again.

Comment

Would someone kindly turn off the shower and turn on that great big fan in the sky at BR Slope?

Comment

today still air....

Comment

Will be heading for the slope after work, if the weather holds.
                        Guys, start crossing all your fingers!

Comment

I'll be going to slope in a while. Hope for the best.

Going to spend some time trying to retrieve the remains of my Easy Glider from the plane eating tree if can't fly. Hate to leave it up there!

Comment

i placed an order for 1x10knots wind in NE direction + extra thermals.

But stocks running low liao, may get it over the weekend if we are lucky, else new stocks will only arrive in 10months time.
                            what's next?

Comment

Bro, you indented for it a bit too late liao. Next time place order earlier...

Cheers
                              Adnan
                              Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                              ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                              Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DL8698
                                I'll be going to slope in a while. Hope for the best.

Going to spend some time trying to retrieve the remains of my Easy Glider from the plane eating tree if can't fly. Hate to leave it up there!
                                Dont forget to bring rain coat.
                                sigpic
                                FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Working...
                                X