Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben33 View Post
    Bro,
    I flew there yesterday and today morning without any issue. Was there for around 2 Hrs. On weekdays if you hear jet on approach, land your plane. it's a give and take situation especially when there is already a sign there saying "No Rc activity allowed". Police stop and ask just be polite. No reason for them to bring ppl back for nothing.

Ben
    Is it true there was already a sign there? Then I got nothing to say man.

Comment

There are at least three signs indicating that flying of r/c aircraft is not allowed.

RSAF aircraft heading for Tengah Air Base have right of way. On their approach to the airbase after training exercises, they are very low.

Fliers must exercise restraint. I suggest that flying on Saturdays begins from 1.30 pm to 7.00 pm. On Sundays and public holidays, flying should be from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm.

If fliers adhere to the times and the police still check at the site, it will mean that flying at the site is prohibited.

Comment

Originally posted by sonyalpha View Post
        There are at least three signs indicating that flying of r/c aircraft is not allowed.

RSAF aircraft heading for Tengah Air Base have right of way. On their approach to the airbase after training exercises, they are very low.

Fliers must exercise restraint. I suggest that flying on Saturdays begins from 1.30 pm to 7.00 pm. On Sundays and public holidays, flying should be from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm.

If fliers adhere to the times and the police still check at the site, it will mean that flying at the site is prohibited.

i agree with you sonyalpha. This info will be very useful and for the good of other fliers as well.
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by etman View Post
          Sad day for RC.
          Banned just like that with no explanation or negotiation with affected parties.
          Maybe nobody did anything wrong even.

Move on guys...we live in a ban nation.
          The land and air space belongs to govt property, they can do watever they want.

U can buy a piece of land and do watever u want with it also. Plenty of land parcels up for sale in SG.

I demo my then Trex450X to a group of arrowna farmers from MY. They were impressed and bought some helis and flew at their huge fish farms up in MY. No one bother wat they do on their own private land.

Same as SG, u can buy a no legal car like the Ferrari Enzo and drive ard ur own property and the govt cant touch u.

So the final say goes to the land owner. If they wana play, they can charge u in court for trespassing also. That is the time they mean business and wana play it big big.

Comment

Correction, buying a piece of land does not allowed you to have total access to the 'air' above the land.... The air is all govt property. sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Smallfly View Post
              Correction, buying a piece of land does not allowed you to have total access to the 'air' above the land.... The air is all govt property. sorry
              The "air" above will refer to the height restriction you will be signning on the land sale contract.

Some places only max 3 storey while other areas 40 storey. Do look out for the fine prints in the contract or check with SLA the designated land use for the land parcel you are acquiring.

Comment

I know, "talk is cheap". I am still waiting for a sugar mummy or daddy to realise my dream.............

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                  I know, "talk is cheap". I am still waiting for a sugar mummy or daddy to realise my dream.............

Bro, good concept you have there.
                  How about marry up with the new go kart facility that just came up?

Comment

Go karting as a CCA.

Same concept. How about promote RC as a CCA?
                    Then got official sanction to use school facilities/field for RC.

Comment

I have not been to JW for a while .Just want to check and get updated anyone encounter problems flying during the weekends and public holiday?

Cheers

Comment

Right of way or wrong?
                        Look at it this way: This is Singapore. RSAF operation of plane/Heli is training/operating in term of defense of this country that we are in. And when you are flying RC craft too close to their operating zone/path, in view safety and accident prevention: we will lose that flying site/right. FYI, I am pretty sure they are on 24/7 stby.

In principle as well as a guide line; we know there are not many area in Singapore that we can fly RC without falling into the restricted zone that is close to an airfield be it military or civilian. JW field or other, we all know well enough that we are not suppose to fly there; even when the man in blue pass by but did not stop us from flying. It will happen when you do not exercise precaution/safety:-- NO RC FLYING is on the way to that site.
                        Even (paid) designated flying club like RMS, BBFC have to stop flying when they (RSAF) are conducting exercise which will be flying low level.
                        will not help at all. Exercise safety and fly our RC craft with consideration & responsibility to preserve our limited flying site.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon13 View Post
                          Right of way or wrong?
                          Look at it this way: This is Singapore. RSAF operation of plane/Heli is training/operating in term of defense of this country that we are in. And when you are flying RC craft too close to their operating zone/path, in view safety and accident prevention: we will lose that flying site/right. FYI, I am pretty sure they are on 24/7 stby.

In principle as well as a guide line; we know there are not many area in Singapore that we can fly RC without falling into the restricted zone that is close to an airfield be it military or civilian. JW field or other, we all know well enough that we are not suppose to fly there; even when the man in blue pass by but did not stop us from flying. It will happen when you do not exercise precaution/safety:-- NO RC FLYING is on the way to that site.
                          Even (paid) designated flying club like RMS, BBFC have to stop flying when they (RSAF) are conducting exercise which will be flying low level.
                          will not help at all. Exercise safety and fly our RC craft with consideration & responsibility to preserve our limited flying site.
                          Hi brother,

Not sure what talking. You support the ban in JW? Then you don't fly there loh.

Comment

Hey yo people JW,
                            Just wondering since aircrafts dun usually do landings on sundays
                            Can we fly there on sundays afternoon to evening?
                            «Kira'sHanger™®»:
                            HK450MT ( awaiting elecs)

Comment

hmmm

hey bro kira, i think its better to put it this way. no one can tell u can or cannot fly, so IMO if u wanna fly, just fly. Btw u will still see us there so common sense tells me, Fly At Yr Own Risk.... hehehhe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi bro! so is there by any chance you will be flying at jalan bahar there next sunday evening? I can't make it this evening Transmitter havent approved yet,school work alot
                                «Kira'sHanger™®»:
                                HK450MT ( awaiting elecs)

Comment

Working...
                                X