Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scared of Speed trap CAMERA??? Worry no more!!!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many professional driver(F1, rally...) have been caught for speeding in their daily life, so they do drive fast even if its just making a trip to 7-11.

I know many will think what I am going to say is childish and immature, but IMHO, to be speeding a bit(120-130km/h?) on singapore road is fine. Of course not to the extend of going up to 180km/h. I remember reading on the papers a few years back that according to some international standard, our expressways are rated for 110km/h.

The key to driving slightly faster and keeping safe is to KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE AWAY FROM THE CAR IN FRONT. Many drivers like to stick to the arse of the car in front, as if thats their GF's arse. That, I feel is the major cause of accident. In the event of E-brake, they will bump into the car in front, even if they were only travelling at 60km/h. This is a fact.

And for goodness sake, all uncles tend to think ABS and disc brakes reduce braking distance. That IMHO, is not always and mostly NOT APPLICABLE TO OUR TINY JAP SEDANS. ABS prevent your tyres from locking up, thus giving you steering control when under heavy braking. The disc brakes clamp really good and stop the car fast, but that is only if your tyres are not locking up, causing the ABS to kick in. The limitation here is the rubber on our wheel and the road surface. While our tiny jap sedans have gotten bigger and heavier through the years, tyre width hasn't really increase much, if at all. The tiny puny thin tyre will either 1. Cause your ABS to kick in really soon and early when you jam brake or 2. Cause the car to skid. Either way, it isn't good. Sometimes if you watch those old cars with drum brakes on the rear do e-brake, you will find that they stop in a shorter distance than modern cars, although they make lots of tyre noise.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X