Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new car buyer help!

hello

i am intending to get a car this year but i really not sure about what to get.

requirements is just to get from pt A to pt B and can fit all my helis!!! LOL

i am really leaning towards hatchbacks and was looking at

Honda Fit/Jazz
    Kia Picanto
    Mazda 2
    Mazda 3 GT
    Hyundai Getz

Anyone driving these cars? any feedback? can fit helis!???

so far have been surfing around SGcarmart looking at the 2nd hand cars.

with the current low COE and sale situation, would it be wiser to get a 2nd hand or a new car?? parellel import or buy from dealer?? its so confusing!!!

also any online resource for singapore car driving and buying??

thx for any help.
    cheers!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

erm.. personally, i think hatchback really small at the boot..

i am driving the old lancer 2006 edition and in terms of money wise and fuel efficiency its the best..

mazda 2/3 are heavy and expensive..

jazz/fit is the best for fuel efficiency but car itself is expensive..

getz and picanto.. i think its not worth..

seriously, maybe u can consider the lancer 2006 edition.. they are still selling it first hand abt 51k nia.. maybe cheaper.. but recently i heard banks dun do loan.. have to pay full.. (not sure)

otherwise u can try vios.. its spacious and good with petrol..

Comment

Get a 4-door sedan lah...your heli fleet going to continue growing you know...

My complain from limited experience...

I tried my fren's previous model fit before, a lot of engine noise, cabin shake and bootspace not very tall or deep. Granted there were 4 adults in the car with 4 sets of FBO.

Look at the tyre size of the picanto. You sure those things can do E-brake? IMHO, cannot compare with the rest, different price range also.

Mazda 2-never drive before, but my neighbourS love it. Boot not very big also wor.

Mazda 3- Don't know why, but all madaz family cars feel like no low range pull to me, as in you need to rev it pretty high for power. Try it and you will understand. Not too sure about boot space for the GT.

Getz- never ride and drive before.

With the exception of the Getz, I know people who own the above cars and use it for their daily travel to work and misc. Nobody is complaining, except for FC of mazda3.

Personally I prefer cars Made in Japan. From my limited experience, the Thai made cars of Honda and Toyota are not quite as good in terms of road noise, comfort and in some cases, reliability when compared to their previous Japanese made models that they replaced. Weird, if you ask me, because rightfully they should be similar as cars are assembled by robots at the factory, aren't they?

sigpic

Comment

If I am really on a budget I will look at the toyota axion which is spacious for a 1.5 litre car. Dont think it will win any drag race though... its abt $50K+ from the PIs I think.

If I can stretch a bit, I think the Honda Crossroad is nice and did someone commented on its nice boot at the rear?

Comment

Getz 1.4A is heavy and sluggish. FC at around 11km/l. If you have a budget for Fit/Jazz than you do not even have to consider the Getz.

Hatch allows rear seats to be lowered and u have a really huge boot without height constraints. Perfect for trip to the flying field but maybe at max one passenger in the front.
          Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

It is not advisable for u to place ur heli in full view w/o being attended. There was a case long long time ago here in DH where his SUV rear windscreen was smashed and the nitro helis' were stolen.

U definately wouldnt want that to happen.

Get a car with a boot. Watz ur budget and how long u gonna keep this ride???

I'm driving a Toy-Yoda Axio. Can fit in 90size heli in the boot w/o any problem and able to fit three 50size heli too. But cant fit my 53" Catamaran boat, it sits on the passenger seat next to me.

Comment

I've driven the 1.3L Getz as a rental car for a week and one tank of petrol. It gives me 12km/L even with me doing constant launching at traffic lights, 90 and 180 hand brake turns at deserted carparks.

But the boot is good for 450 or 500size ep heli w/o folding the rear seats.

Comment

hmm thanks for the input.

btw. anyone done direct owner sale before?

is the paperwork difficult to do????

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                  hmm thanks for the input.

btw. anyone done direct owner sale before?

is the paperwork difficult to do????
                  of course i meant 2nd hand cars. sorry if not clear. =p

Comment

Don't know about other model, but although Hoda Jazz looks small. The back seats are foldable to create a flat bed.. I think enough space to line up 4 90 sizer if not at least 1 if place diagonally..

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
                      Don't know about other model, but although Hoda Jazz looks small. The back seats are foldable to create a flat bed.. I think enough space to line up 4 90 sizer if not at least 1 if place diagonally..
                      yep. thats why honda jazz is on my hotlist. if fold down back seat can put what ever u want!!!

but now i see the Hyundai avante.. good offer from komoco sia.. sigh..decisions...

Comment

jazz fold down seats are good! can do this

but if i choose i think airwave better, bigger boot space and can fold down too. only thing is jazz appeals to younger folks better.
                        what's next?

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                          yep. thats why honda jazz is on my hotlist. if fold down back seat can put what ever u want!!!

but now i see the Hyundai avante.. good offer from komoco sia.. sigh..decisions...
                          Why don't think about Honda Airwave 1.5L ? you can get more place to put in heli , plane and boat , I find out more better , I also interest to have one .

Comment

Is there a new Honda Freed in the market too?

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo View Post
                              Is there a new Honda Freed in the market too?
                              yup, it is on SG road already

Comment

Working...
                              X