Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys ! ...I'm back from my NE monsoon slope glider haitus.

Did I missed anything ?
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
      Hi guys ! ...I'm back from my NE monsoon slope glider haitus.

Did I missed anything ?
      My very serious thread has become a learning ground and place where friendship is made ( Edmond & Simon )

Let this spirit keep burning!
      Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by protyne
        My very serious thread has become a learning ground and place where friendship is made ( Edmond & Simon )

Let this spirit keep burning!

yes... keep this friendship spirit burning bros...BBQ will need it so no need charchoal!
        hope to see you guys there....can help bbq chicken wing!
        Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Edmond you are right. I believe we saw a huge 3D foamie and an EDF a couple of weeks ago at the field opposite church field, at the other side of the LRT track. We didn't drive over to talk to them though, but I think the next time we see them flying there again, the sense of 'social responsibility' should kick in

I think it would also be great to advise them to join daddyhobby. Seriously, how much can we talk to them about compared to the wealth of resources that can be found here, especially in all our discussions, right? Imagine a new flyer with no community links, suddenly someone drives up to you and tells you that you can't fly at this field or you can't fly now cos someone is already using the same freq as you.. I'm sure most people would respond positively but there could be 1 or 2 who are the rebellious sort too huh

To extend this, I think it would also be great if we could extend the partnership with our LHS as they would probably be in the best position to inform a new buyer on things like where we commonly fly, be sure to check freq first, lipo care, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000
            yes... keep this friendship spirit burning bros...BBQ will need it so no need charchoal!
            hope to see you guys there....can help bbq chicken wing!
            Dun forget the Hot Dogs ! ...and while we're at it might as well toss in the Hot Dog Bun too !

...Gosh ! ...I kinda miss his "rapid fire" questions/discussion !

Comment

Originally posted by simonwoo
              Edmond you are right. I believe we saw a huge 3D foamie and an EDF a couple of weeks ago at the field opposite church field, at the other side of the LRT track. We didn't drive over to talk to them though, but I think the next time we see them flying there again, the sense of 'social responsibility' should kick in

I think it would also be great to advise them to join daddyhobby. Seriously, how much can we talk to them about compared to the wealth of resources that can be found here, especially in all our discussions, right? Imagine a new flyer with no community links, suddenly someone drives up to you and tells you that you can't fly at this field or you can't fly now cos someone is already using the same freq as you.. I'm sure most people would respond positively but there could be 1 or 2 who are the rebellious sort too huh

To extend this, I think it would also be great if we could extend the partnership with our LHS as they would probably be in the best position to inform a new buyer on things like where we commonly fly, be sure to check freq first, lipo care, etc...

I agree, so far because of my "super nice" approach explaining why they can't fly there, most are positive. There was only one time where I had to post it in DH to clarify because I was unable to keep up with the (strange at the time) constant popping up of groups here and there. I think that was isolated case due to a loss of field somewhere else.

Mostly will be fine, but as to how to deal with rebellious sort I think we will have to be very very firm and tell them that they will be affecting 4 sites of 4 different groups of flyers.
              Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

What do you guys think of the following?

When a regular flyer introduce his friend to the flying field, he should check what are the frequencies already in used. If there is a duplicate at the same flying field, it will be good for the regular flyer to introduce the new flyer to whom ever is already using that particular frequency?

This allows both fliers old and new to take precautions especially when they see each other at the field?

Not sure if the above is feasible at all flying fields, but definitely feasible at PFW where Alex or John probably have a lists of frequencies used by the flyers and their contact numbers?

Comment

alamak

I just went awol a few weeks, and see what happened?
                  Soooo...what did I miss?
                  I'd say make the reculcitrant pay! This is because I have never clashed with my 36.xxxmhz, except with one uncle who thought that 36 was my pant's size and almost turned on his 36.xxxmhz, actually my pant is size 40.

Actually, why did I xxx my freq, it is all over this post.
                  Go back in one piece to fly another day.
                  Having fun yet?
                  36.39mhz
                  40.77mhz

Comment

Hi Protyne,

This is my experience when I started RC flying..

I started RC flying(actually with Heli first) in Jurong West and I was fortunate enough to have a very good friend to walk me through the process of flying.

My first few trips to the field were early in the morning. By 7:30am there were already a huge crowded gathered for RC flying.(much larger than PFW ).
                    With that huge number of people, you might think that there would be chaos in frequency clashes and people hogging air space, but no! Despite the turn out, the game play was pretty organised.

Frequency check is a must! Flyer will begin shouting out loud their own frequencies before turning on their transmitters.
                    When taking-off, the flyer will shout"Take off". that goes the same for
                    "low pass"; "speed pass"; "landing" and etc. This makes other flyers more aware of what is happening or what is going to happen. No surprises or shocks. and nobody will do "rock and roll" near to the spectators.

It is a friendly environment there.

I do agree with you that it is better to have a friend to guide a newbie. But in the event that a newbie came alone, then only the right approach will make sure that the newbie will not shunt away from the main group and hide in one corner of Punggol to fly plane by himself which immediately creates an undesirable situation.

Nobody like to be told that he can't do this or do that. The moment you tell a person that he can't fly at certain places, he must be thinking "who the hell are you?!" immediately, an invisible wall will be erected before you can even reach out.

Having said that, nobody will reject a friendly handshake and an invitation to be introduced to a bigger group of friends. This is what RC hobby is all about. It is a hobby to make more friends and to create environment condusive for friendship to grow and not to create a hostile environment to exert dominance.

Coming back to your incident, I felt really sorry for the lost of your new plane. It is an expensive and nicely built plane.

I felt even more sorry for you when the situation become even more mucky as unnecessary 2 cents are thrown into agitated water, making it even more disturbed. I believed that had made it even harder for you to close the case with a good note.

Nobody like to be shot down, but reading from your post, i gathered that you are ready to move on. That's positive mentallity!
                    Anyway, Hope to see you fly another plane soon. Stay cool!

Originally posted by protyne
                    What do you guys think of the following?

When a regular flyer introduce his friend to the flying field, he should check what are the frequencies already in used. If there is a duplicate at the same flying field, it will be good for the regular flyer to introduce the new flyer to whom ever is already using that particular frequency?

This allows both fliers old and new to take precautions especially when they see each other at the field?

Not sure if the above is feasible at all flying fields, but definitely feasible at PFW where Alex or John probably have a lists of frequencies used by the flyers and their contact numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by plug&fly
                      except with one uncle who thought that 36 was my pant's size and almost turned on his 36.xxxmhz, actually my pant is size 40.
                      Izzit that means there are or 40 squares ?

Comment

I agree with Charles on creating a environment condusive for friendship to grow. But I think there is still a need for a some rules and guidance. With those rules, these will undoubtly need to be told firmly (to the extent there is some dominance). Otherwise, too many incidents like Jonathon experienced will still make it hostile. Before Jon crashed, I believed it was all carefree and nice, too nice and people forget to check freq lol.

Sometimes, I do wonder how human thinks, or rather how Singaporean thinks. In Jon's case, do you guys know how many people called him and told him "Aiyah, I am sure this guy is guilty" or "It must be him" but yet some of them sing a different story here and most kept a absolute "mum" neutrality, it is amazing.

Anybody who posted here is adding 2 cents worth, Dun think it is unnecessary but rather I see it as a awareness drive that Jon is hoping to get in the first place when he posted. So when people reply, adding their views and experience, I think they are all good to the extent awareness is taking place, communication is taking place, expectations are being communicated clearly.

Controversy will always be hard and difficult to discuss, but if we look at it squarely and keep it within that topic's boundary, it is ok to continue no matter how negative or agitated. It is precisely some negativity was provoked in the first place that a topic gets discussed, if can close it on a good note is good, but not closing it on a good note is not a bad thing afterall, just have to keep it within that topic's boundary, anything else is another matter.
                        Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by mave
                          Hi Protyne,

This is my experience when I started RC flying..

I started RC flying(actually with Heli first) in Jurong West and I was fortunate enough to have a very good friend to walk me through the process of flying.

My first few trips to the field were early in the morning. By 7:30am there were already a huge crowded gathered for RC flying.(much larger than PFW ).
                          With that huge number of people, you might think that there would be chaos in frequency clashes and people hogging air space, but no! Despite the turn out, the game play was pretty organised.

Frequency check is a must! Flyer will begin shouting out loud their own frequencies before turning on their transmitters.
                          When taking-off, the flyer will shout"Take off". that goes the same for
                          "low pass"; "speed pass"; "landing" and etc. This makes other flyers more aware of what is happening or what is going to happen. No surprises or shocks. and nobody will do "rock and roll" near to the spectators.

It is a friendly environment there.

I do agree with you that it is better to have a friend to guide a newbie. But in the event that a newbie came alone, then only the right approach will make sure that the newbie will not shunt away from the main group and hide in one corner of Punggol to fly plane by himself which immediately creates an undesirable situation.

Nobody like to be told that he can't do this or do that. The moment you tell a person that he can't fly at certain places, he must be thinking "who the hell are you?!" immediately, an invisible wall will be erected before you can even reach out.

Having said that, nobody will reject a friendly handshake and an invitation to be introduced to a bigger group of friends. This is what RC hobby is all about. It is a hobby to make more friends and to create environment condusive for friendship to grow and not to create a hostile environment to exert dominance.

Coming back to your incident, I felt really sorry for the lost of your new plane. It is an expensive and nicely built plane.

I felt even more sorry for you when the situation become even more mucky as unnecessary 2 cents are thrown into agitated water, making it even more disturbed. I believed that had made it even harder for you to close the case with a good note.

Nobody like to be shot down, but reading from your post, i gathered that you are ready to move on. That's positive mentallity!
                          Anyway, Hope to see you fly another plane soon. Stay cool!
                          Well said bro. . If you shoot down my plane, you pay. Thats the only gentleman way. crashing is inevitable in this hobby. I can say, all the members here in daddyhobby have crashed due to many reasons.

so like mave said, chill and get another plane and fly.
                          Kedi AH !

Comment

Hi Charles, what I was referring in my previous post was only when a regular flyer introduce a new flyer to a flying field. It will be nice of the regular flyer can introduce his friend to the field and take effort to check frequency with current flyers.

With regards to a new flyer joining in on his own, there will always be friendly flyers (myself included ) around to help break the ice.

After speaking to witnesses over the weekend and tallying up of what they saw. The facts are to glaring to simply attribute my crash to tough luck now.

I must say I am willing to accept compensation should the gentleman re-offer it again. However as I have mentioned earlier, I am leaving it up to the gentleman to take action on his own accord.

Comment

thread closed as requested
                              huh

Comment

Working...
                              X