Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to share my 1st flight with GoPro fitted on the F450

It really is a sweet camera, this was on its default settings. the next flight will be on the full HD res

Comment

Originally posted by vuzix_sg View Post
      Just wanted to share my 1st flight with GoPro fitted on the F450

It really is a sweet camera, this was on its default settings. the next flight will be on the full HD res
      Nice and Smooth. Planning any Gimbal setup?
      I observed that your left front prop nut is not spinning cylindrical well.
      Noobie in R/C Stuff

Life is a gift. never regret a day in your life.
      Good day gives you happiness,
      Bad days gives you experience,
      Both are essential.

Comment

Hi Bryan, thanks for your encouragement.

I originally had a roll & pitch gimbal underslung with "spider legs" landing gear attached to the F450. I made one test flight with the gopro without the casing attached to the gimbal and then one flight with the gopro in its housing hard mounted on the top plate of the F450.

The gimbal compensated vid was good but there was some wobble which maybe due to the gimbal mounting.
        The vid from the hard-mounted gopro seems more stable (in my view) and with such as wide angle of view on the camera, the pitch & roll of the quad doesn't really cause me and problems as its only for fun flying.

I will try the full HD settings on the next flight to see how much difference there is as the angle of view is reduced from 170 degrees to 120 degrees in the high HD setting.

I can always reinstall the gimbal if I get fed up seeing the props in the frame all the time.

Yes, the front left-hand motor does seem to have a slight wobble, thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Hi Bryan, thanks for your encouragement.

I originally had a roll & pitch gimbal underslung with "spider legs" landing gear attached to the F450. I made one test flight with the gopro without the casing attached to the gimbal and then one flight with the gopro in its housing hard mounted on the top plate of the F450.

The gimbal compensated vid was good but there was some wobble which maybe due to the gimbal mounting.
          The vid from the hard-mounted gopro seems more stable (in my view) and with such as wide angle of view on the camera, the pitch & roll of the quad doesn't really cause me and problems as its only for fun flying.

I will try the full HD settings on the next flight to see how much difference there is as the angle of view is reduced from 170 degrees to 120 degrees in the high HD setting.

I can always reinstall the gimbal if I get fed up seeing the props in the frame all the time.

Yes, the front left-hand motor does seem to have a slight wobble, thanks for pointing it out.
          =)
          I've got my NAZA. But I'm running on MAC.

May need your help in the gain setting
          Noobie in R/C Stuff

Both are essential.

Comment

Hi Bryan, here's the Naza settings I'm using,

basic gains 139, 139, 70, 130
            atti gains 120, 120

This is with the DJI F450 frame with 940kv motors & 10" props. I have a gopro mounted on the top plate and use a 3S 2200mah batt. Take-off weight is 1,150g and I get about 9 mins flight time.

There is a couple of threads with links to some charts with lots of different Naza settings & quad configurations which might also help. But they really only help as a start point for tuning the Naza, as every set-up is different you really have to fine tune it to get the best set-up.

I hope this helps, its a very good controller, I'm very happy with mine

Comment

Hi Bryan, here's the Naza settings I'm using,

basic gains 139, 139, 70, 130
              atti gains 120, 120

This is with the DJI F450 frame with 940kv motors & 10" props. I have a gopro mounted on the top plate and use a 3S 2200mah batt. Take-off weight is 1,150g and I get about 9 mins flight time.

There is a couple of threads with links to some charts with lots of different Naza settings & quad configurations which might also help. But they really only help as a start point for tuning the Naza, as every set-up is different you really have to fine tune it to get the best set-up.

I hope this helps, its a very good controller, I'm very happy with mine
              Mac cannot run the software for Naza
              Noobie in R/C Stuff

Both are essential.

Comment

New in Qual

Hi Bro,
                Just got my F450 ARF with Naza.

This is my first Qual, Still trying out the Naza setting.
                Not sure if i am getting software right.

What model do i set in the radio? Heli model ?
                Swash type; h-1 ( Pure function )?

I am using Futaba radio.

Thanks bro!

Comment

Hi Keepflying, congrats on getting the F450 & Naza, its a really great set-up.

Set your TX/RX for aero mode.

Comment

I'm using the Futaba 6J

Comment

Just joined the F450 with Naza as well. It's my 2nd attempt to quads after my first failure with KK. Super happy with my DJI. No regrets...

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                      BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Thanks bro !

Thanks Vuzix bro !
                        I will try to get it up , thanks for the encouragement!

I will use the default setting first and learn how to fine tune.
                        Thank you !

Comment

Consider this >> Fly out of the box + Extremely stable on newbie hand + Easy setup + Minimum tuning + Look good(beside too many wire) << So DJI Naza definitely the best FC your money can get in the market atm. I might get one in future but in love with KK board now .

Regards,
                          Edwin.K

Comment

My 1st attempt on quad

Finally, all done up after trying on the software.

Initial start up, the three leg lift up and left one leg on the ground.
                            Trying to counter direction, still the same..
                            Check on the prop direction, all correct. Try another time still the same.
                            Suddenly, feel that the motor could be wrong direction.
                            So swap the wire and test again,

Slowly, power up.. Everything seem light.
                            It just lift off, very stable I would say..
                            Slowly, I do a figure 8 .. Then try atti mode.
                            It's fun .. 

The battery just last less then 5 mins.
                            Hope to understand more on the setting n put on the light.
                            Thanks bro for the advise !

Comment

early morning flight today at a small park in Hougang.

Comment

Using 6S battery 3300mah?

Hi Bro,
                                Using 3s 2200mah only flight about 4 mins before it cut off.
                                Presently using 8" prop.

Can i use 6s 3300mah on the Nasa ?

I also disable the power protection, to prevent it from dropping from sky due to low power.

Any advise? Thanks bro!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X