Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One very helpful tip is to hold it in your hand and tilt to see how it reacts. Then you can see if it is reacting rightly and make adjustments to the control software, etc.
    That will save you many crashes.

Comment

After a few short flights, the ESC board on the X-600D failed. Took out the motor in the process. Waiting for parts to come in now.

Due to some other urgent commitment which requires flying a quad, my senior loan me another quad, this time round, a bloody expensive quad with full autonomous capability. Unforunately, or rather, forunately, I only had to fly it in R/C form. It is a lot more unstable than the X600-D, requires constant minor corrections. Once it deviates too much from the level hover position, it is very tough to correct back as there was some lag. Didn't help that we forgot to switch off the industrial size wall fans. In some way, it felt like hovering a plane, more than a heli.

Quad0001

The brain.
      Quad0003

900mhz transmitter, rather than the 2.4ghz that I have used.
      Quad0004

Unlike the X-600D, this one has got seperate esc for every motor. Apparently, these ESCs are specially designed to work with the system and are only available through the dealer, if and only if you pay for the whole autonomous system.
      Quad0002

Quad0006

Been a long long time since I saw a esc this small.
      Quad0005

Quad0014

sigpic

Comment

Propellor. 2x GWS HD8040R and 2x GWS HD8040 props. Not sure why they want to use 3 blade props. In my humble opinion, two blade props should make it easier to fly. I believe these gws "R" props for spinning in the other direction, are not easy to find.
        Quad0008

Quad0007

Every component on the quad frame is made of CF. Interestingly, the whole structure is held together by mostly glue and hardened strings, probably for max weight saving.

Quad0012

Quad0010

Quad0011

Quad0013

Quad0009

sigpic

Comment

Building Quad and on Prototype now as well

Hi,
          If your controller is working as it design for, it does fly alright. I am also building some units and now one prototype ready and done more than 10 test flights now and very happy with the performance.

Once other parts comes in, wll build up the rest - might have some units to share for this 1st batch

Sharing one static and one flight picture.

Running on 3S, 2150 3S pack can do 10mins flight easily.

Done side by side flight with one of the Gaui model and the comments from the field are much more stable seen on mine.. happy for that. Few guys tried it and all with positive feedback. so the design seems on the right track!

Comment

Working...
          X