Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My NEW toy...QUAD rotor

Got this from school as part of my fyp. While it is r/c, my project is unforunately, not the least bit related to r/c.

This is the Xaircraft X600...suppose to be cheap and budget, like the hobby city stuff of quad rotor. MADE IN CHINA. I think should be just $500 or so...and it definitely shows in the material used and capability(lack of) compared to our other flying objects.

The whole thing w/o prop.

DPP_0002

The brain, the rx, the esc...

DPP_0001

DPP_0006

It came with a multiplex rx...but being lazy to test what works with it or not, I just dump in a futaba 617fs. Does any one know if this works with ppm on futaba tx? The syn process is really just so simple like on the back of the rx?

DPP_0003

The brain to esc ribbon cable. Oh so fragile...

DPP_0004

This esc is not like our generic esc. It is 4 esc built into one. Probably to save weight and reduce the amount of wire. I suspect they copied from somewhere... The whole plate with the 4 green connector is the esc.

DPP_0007

The motor connector. No bullets to solder.

DPP_0005

Even has a on/off switch,

DPP_0009

USB dongle. Similar to the castle creation usb link in size and shape. Also has led. Hope it doesn't burn out like my cc link.

DPP_0008

sigpic

I tried flying it for less than 1 minute outside my home. This MIGHT require a f3c champion to hover properly. Hovering a plane is like balancing a pencil on your finger tip, this is like balancing a bigger pencil on your finger tip. It drifts and yaw everywhere. Probably need quite a bit of adjustment to the PID in the software.

Since it doesn't have a gear box and the motors are running at really low rpm, the whole thing is very quiet, even softer than a foam plane.

This is definitely not something a beginner will want to fly. Need at least 30-40% expo to fly.

sigpic

Comment

Interesting, is it for competition?

Comment

Nope, not competition, but part of my final year project.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
          I tried flying it for less than 1 minute outside my home. This MIGHT require a f3c champion to hover properly. Hovering a plane is like balancing a pencil on your finger tip, this is like balancing a bigger pencil on your finger tip. It drifts and yaw everywhere. Probably need quite a bit of adjustment to the PID in the software.

Since it doesn't have a gear box and the motors are running at really low rpm, the whole thing is very quiet, even softer than a foam plane.

This is definitely not something a beginner will want to fly. Need at least 30-40% expo to fly.
          Check the control baord mounting. If it vibrating then it will affect the performance of the quad.
          Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
          Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
          Esky Dauphin
          Walkera Lama 2
          Walkera 5G6
          Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
          Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
          Brushless Micro-T

Comment

The Multiplex rcv works perfectly on ppm with Futaba Tx
            sigpic

Comment

I am not sure if you happen to know its "bigger brother"

Latest model from them.

Comment

Mind if I ask what microp is use in your quad rotor??

Comment

Wow, nowadays poly have big budget to buy toys for the FYP.
                  Envious man.

It is half the battle to know how it works, the other half to know how to tweak it.
                  Have fun!

Comment

BTW my tricopter flies much more stable and it got no brain on it.

Comment

I had another flight today. The thing bascially just flew like a out of trim heli. Really weird considering that the computer software told me I was already at neutral for all control. Once you get the amount of correction needed, its basically just like flying anything else.

Have to be gentle on the stick, even with just 60% dual rate and 40% expo.

For some unknown reason, it just topple over by itself after a min of flight. Any idea?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LittleGiant View Post
                        Check the control baord mounting. If it vibrating then it will affect the performance of the quad.
                        It is mounted as is from out of the box. It is not like those board where I can adjust the amount of tape. It is basically just screwed onto the 4 pillars.

The Multiplex rcv works perfectly on ppm with Futaba Tx
                        Thanks for the info.

I am not sure if you happen to know its "bigger brother"

Latest model from them.
                        I didn't know about it. Whats the model? Any web page? We might be buying another one.

Mind if I ask what microp is use in your quad rotor??
                        Don't know whats the controller. It came with it. I didn't do anything to it except some tiny adjustment on the provided software and the setup of tx as per normal r/c.

Wow, nowadays poly have big budget to buy toys for the FYP.
                        Envious man.

It is half the battle to know how it works, the other half to know how to tweak it.
                        Have fun!

BTW my tricopter flies much more stable and it got no brain on it.
                        I am in NTU. Our budget have been quite good lately. Just the pair of autonomous brain my team used for our previous project was already close to 15k sgd, and we broke one of it in a crash So this is really peanut to the school.

I am not trying to find out how it works or making it work, my project is on modelling the quad rotor...some modelling that I myself have no clue about at the moment.

sigpic

Comment

BTW, I have a question for those good in electrics.

If I want to measure the voltage supplied to the motor through the 3 phase wire, how should I do it?

sigpic

Comment

BTW, I have a question for those good in electrics.

If I want to measure the voltage supplied to the motor through the 3 phase wire, how should I do it?
                            do you have access to oscilloscope?

Comment

I had another flight today. The thing bascially just flew like a out of trim heli. Really weird considering that the computer software told me I was already at neutral for all control. Once you get the amount of correction needed, its basically just like flying anything else.

Have to be gentle on the stick, even with just 60% dual rate and 40% expo.

For some unknown reason, it just topple over by itself after a min of flight. Any idea?
                              Possible reasons:
                              1. Something loose
                              2. Gyro/accelerometer problem
                              3. Temporary loss of RC link
                              4. Vibration causing no. 2
                              5. Something is being overloaded, esc, motor, battery?
                              6. Unbalanced props causing no 4.
                              7. If prop is too big it may overload the puny esc and you may burn the board causing no, 5. Be careful.

Did you use 2 CCW and 2 CW props?

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X