Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lucky!!!!

well had a freaking fright....yesterday while flying...doing my normal forward flight...suddenly noticed no thtottle control...tried to cut off engine with engine cut switch..no go...!!... :na :na :na

landed heli with blades spinning at full throttle...and found out..throttle linkage came loose....

lucky i still managed to pinch the fuel line...but boy was it dangerous..imagine i had to lean down low on the ground and reach for the fuel line...taking care not to tilt the heli...in which tilting it will cause the heli to skin me!!

redid the throttle linkage with double nuts and locktite it now...

Heli
    * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
    Thanks to all old birds from Daddyhobby
    Car
    *Hyper 8 RTR
    Tank
    *HenLong M1A1
    Mini Monster Truck

picture here

Heli
    * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
    Car
    *Hyper 8 RTR
    Tank
    *HenLong M1A1
    Mini Monster Truck

Comment

that was a dangerous thing to do.

I had the same experience before(my whole throttle arm came off), very panicky. I hovered the heli at full throttle and a few minutes later the engine died from overheating. Ended with a dead plug and few tanks later, a rebuild of the engine(bearing, ring, piston).

sigpic

Comment

shuold not pinch the fuel line melvin...should just sit the heli on the floor and wait for it to die...you still have -2 or -3 at min stick and so the heli will not move....

remember...safety is paramount
        TREX 500 ESP
        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

yeah...Art....did not think straight..
          Heli
          Car
          *Hyper 8 RTR
          Tank
          *HenLong M1A1
          Mini Monster Truck

Comment

if I were to be there you'd have gotten a RED card

TREX 500 ESP
            Futaba T12FGH

Comment

well i am a bit pissed that someone gave me a neg point just for posting this to share.....

see his/her comments..

Very stupid thing to do! Still dare to post and tell everyone about your stupidity.
              me posting it is to tell ppl to check that throttle linkage and ensure it is tight before any flight.....

cant believe it... :na :na
              Heli
              Car
              *Hyper 8 RTR
              Tank
              *HenLong M1A1
              Mini Monster Truck

Comment

happened to me on my R30... but thanks to Art, Kang and Goh.. they solve it by using an umbralla to unlodge one of the fuel pipe... I forvever remember that incident...
                huh

Comment

yeah..the umbrella thingy was the last choice...you did not have much -ve at the bottom....scary...

Melvin...you posted a good reminder to the rest...just have to put safety on top of your actions....fly carefully
                  TREX 500 ESP
                  Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by eleewhm
                    well i am a bit pissed that someone gave me a neg point just for posting this to share.....

see his/her comments..

me posting it is to tell ppl to check that throttle linkage and ensure it is tight before any flight.....

cant believe it... :na :na
                    For arguement sake, I would like to know who think eleewhm deserve a -ve point for posting this?

Does it ever cross yr mind bcos of his posting, someone actually check his setup again and rectify whatever problem he may find. He could be indirectly saving someone's lives.

This forum grows bcos we had ppl like eleewhm who don mind being tease and share his mistake / accident. This is the noblest thing a flyer can do and we are seeing it in this forum.

I am confuse, please enlighten.

Mike

Comment

i dun think he should be penalised for sharing his experience. Just too bad that in a forum like this, there will definitely be moral police wannabes who have been brainwashed by the garment who will give their 2 cents worth, and think that they are doing the community a big service.

if ppl like eleewhm gets penalised for sharing info, then next time who would want to share & what will then happen to this forum? If his posts are not to be shared then i guess the moderators would delete or advise otherwise.

Comment

True...let's see what will be said by the member who gave the -ve
                        TREX 500 ESP
                        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by Art
                          True...let's see what will be said by the member who gave the -ve
                          Maybe a PM to that member will be better, rather than questioning him openly?

unless, of course, there are other who fell the -ve is justified.
                          huh

Comment

its ok..if the reasoning for the neg point is justified...but i am not empahsising the point of me pinching the fuel line ....but more on the throttle linkage coming off......

its a warning to others.....to check more throughly....which i did ...and still it fell off...

its all about sharing and learning from each other which i find the members here at daddyhobby is helpful...
                            Heli
                            Car
                            *Hyper 8 RTR
                            Tank
                            *HenLong M1A1
                            Mini Monster Truck

Comment

It did occurred to me on first impression and a quick read thru on your post that you thought you're clever to pinch the fuel line to stop the engine. it's a damn dangerous thing to do and if bad things should happen, it's definitely not worth even a total damage on your heli.

I believe common sense would prevent any modeller to do that...but in the spur of the moment, maybe the mind just went blank.

Maybe it was your choice of words and usage of emoticons that brought me to giving you that negative feedback.

Having said that, I'm still very amused that a lot of people here still take ratings so seriously, considering that probably 80% of us here are all adults.

Point noted on your effort to remind us to check our helis & models prior to flight.
                              [SIZE="1"]
                              [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
                              Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X