Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a different note, if I had given you a rating and commented: "Salute you for having enough balls to do that!"

Would you complain that someone 'suan' u with a good rating??
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

then again....it was my mind that went blank...afterwhich when i was packing up to leave....it dawn on me that it was a dangerous thing to do.....and thats the reason why i posted it here....

in any sense...i think i will pick and post items after this episode( and post more at the other side)...seems some members are not appreciative and thinks i am "showing off" that i managed to pinch the fuel line......which in actual fact i was in a total mind blank...and only thing to my mind was to stop the heli...pinch the fuel line ... i did not have a stick to reach the throttle arm...which i could reach...not thinking about the heli tiliting.....

Dix...reput points or not....at least i know how some ppl behave here...the rep points to me is a show of how ppl think sliently....oh and thanks for owning up... irregardless of being adult or not...the rep points mean something to me....to you it may mean nothing...to each its own...
      (i have a strange feeling that its because of the buying of OS engine from you that you have a bad impression of me...)

Mike/Art in any case.....just shut this thread or better delete it off...
      Heli
      * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
      Thanks to all old birds from Daddyhobby
      Car
      *Hyper 8 RTR
      Tank
      *HenLong M1A1
      Mini Monster Truck

Comment

The forum is a place to share experiences....there's no need to get personal with anyone or anything...just enjoy the hobby...and enjoy the friends made here..
        TREX 500 ESP
        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Yes, we are all adults here.

This is an adult's post:
          "it's a damn dangerous thing to do and if bad things should happen, it's definitely not worth even a total damage on your heli.

I believe common sense would prevent any modeller to do that...but in the spur of the moment, maybe the mind just went blank."

or this:

"shuold not pinch the fuel line melvin...should just sit the heli on the floor and wait for it to die...you still have -2 or -3 at min stick and so the heli will not move....

remember...safety is paramount"

This is a childish/below the belt post:
          "Very stupid thing to do! Still dare to post and tell everyone about your stupidity. "

And yes, choice of words is important to keep this an enjoyable forum to share experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by eleewhm
            (i have a strange feeling that its because of the buying of OS engine from you that you have a bad impression of me...)

Nope, until u reminded me about it, i can't even recall that u did asked about it. I don't think I'm that petty.

Anyways, my stand is that if you can't take critisism, not open to accepting opinions, not wanting to share your findings, why bother to join this forum & post anyway? Rather be a hermit and stay offline right?

Like i mentioned, I do get my fair share of critisism, bad rep points, etc...
            I don't give a damn to what people think of me, and I take critisism openly.
            I post when I feel like I have time for it, and I help whenever I can, regardless of what others think.

If everyone thinks like you, this forum will go downhill.
            If I'm not entitled to give my opinion, then why allow people to log in and post freely? Might as well let this be a closed forum, where only selected members get to post.
            If rep points mean so much to everyone, and are indeed causing a pain, then why bother to have it?

Come on, don't be so sore about it! It's only a hobby, and put all egos aside. I apologise for my hasty giving of a bad rep to you due to my first reading impression of your post and overlooked your good intention.

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Kam
              This is a childish/below the belt post:
              "Very stupid thing to do! Still dare to post and tell everyone about your stupidity. "

And yes, choice of words is important to keep this an enjoyable forum to share experiences.

Let me admit.....that line was my most honest, truthful thought that first came to my mind when I read his posting. The feeling is like wanting to scold him for doing that, thus the immediate reaction of giving him a bad rep point, instead of openly posting a reply to 'shoot' him.

On a joking note, no offense, this is one hell of a '3D' stunt that I'll never ever have the balls to perform. '3D' meaning Daring, Dangerous & Dumb.
              [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

In all cases, we do not restrict ppl in whatever they want to say in this forum. But for sure we do not encourage individualism kind of remarks. In the past, we deleted a few accounts, they talk rubbish and insult individual in the forum - something we do not allow and will not tolerate. You should also learn to repect others just like others respected you.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Hey Guys,

The intend of the thread starter is good, comments from fellow forumers maybe a bit quick etc...

As a self declared safety nut, I like to know if there is safe solution for this problem (of course proper maintenace and built should prevent it) - without damaging anything? If you do have an idea pls share.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 9VDXN
                    Nope, until u reminded me about it, i can't even recall that u did asked about it. I don't think I'm that petty.

Anyways, my stand is that if you can't take critisism, not open to accepting opinions, not wanting to share your findings, why bother to join this forum & post anyway? Rather be a hermit and stay offline right?

Like i mentioned, I do get my fair share of critisism, bad rep points, etc...
                    I don't give a damn to what people think of me, and I take critisism openly.
                    I post when I feel like I have time for it, and I help whenever I can, regardless of what others think.

If everyone thinks like you, this forum will go downhill.
                    If I'm not entitled to give my opinion, then why allow people to log in and post freely? Might as well let this be a closed forum, where only selected members get to post.
                    If rep points mean so much to everyone, and are indeed causing a pain, then why bother to have it?

Come on, don't be so sore about it! It's only a hobby, and put all egos aside. I apologise for my hasty giving of a bad rep to you due to my first reading impression of your post and overlooked your good intention.

i am not sore about it..if the neg point reasoning was ok...i would not even complain about it....

but when i saw the word " StupiD " and "Stupidity " ..thats an insult to me......

ego or no ego...dun tell me if someone calls you stupid and you are alright with it

anyway Dix..apologies accepted....lets put this aside
                    Heli
                    * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
                    Car
                    *Hyper 8 RTR
                    Tank
                    *HenLong M1A1
                    Mini Monster Truck

Comment

I personally saw a 90 size freya lost it's throttle link. Ended up grounded on full throttle - 2 fella flyers uses 2 bamboo sticks - 1 across the landing skid to hold the heli by having a person to step over the stick and the other stick stretches under the spinning blades to cover the exhause hole with a cloth - It took quite sometime to stop the pressure from the exhaust to kill the engine - everybody at that time held their breath... but managed to overcome it.

To prevent throttle link to fall off - I recommend a washer over the ball link after the throttle link is inserted. Use lock tite (red) for the ball link screw to hold the washer.

Comment

Originally posted by eleewhm
                        i am not sore about it..if the neg point reasoning was ok...i would not even complain about it....

but when i saw the word " StupiD " and "Stupidity " ..thats an insult to me......

ego or no ego...dun tell me if someone calls you stupid and you are alright with it

anyway Dix..apologies accepted....lets put this aside

Apologise again for using that sensitive word....u know, sometimes it's like going up to a good old friend, and speaking your mind freely, not worrying about the choice of words....

But then again, maybe becoz we've never met in the field and dunno each other personally.....very sorry about it...
                        [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

On one occasion, I witness a 30 size heli with throttle servo failure, and it was stuck at WOT, within 30 sec the heli exploded due to over revving. The blades flew off, the bird was a write-off. fortunately no one was hurt by it.

The chopper had brand new servos! On hind sight, it would have been better if he continue to fly the bird till out of fuel and auto it. Any suggestion?

Comment

How about a dual ball on your servo horn? At least two levels of protection against slippage?

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

mostly will go for this..push pull

Heli
                              Car
                              *Hyper 8 RTR
                              Tank
                              *HenLong M1A1
                              Mini Monster Truck

Comment

Jus relate my encounter when I first crashed my raptor few months back. When I rush to the heli, the engine is still reving and throttle cut doesnt work. First instinct was to pull out the fuel line so that no fuel get in and stop the engine. Not really a good move or advisable .... it sent the engine reving even faster b4 it finally cut. Should have jam the exhaust.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X