Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both realflight and pheonix are nice, I have both. Realflight seems to need a bit more processing power while pheonix runs smoothly on my aged pc. Realflight comes with controller while pheonix can use your own (need to have trainer port). Pheonix hang time is longer so you have more time to recover when disoriented while realflight is more realistic here.
    Too many helis!

Comment

Visit Siltronic sunday afternoon for orientation programme. You can ask all your questions there.
      Chuang Yee

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="1"]Thunder Tiger G4 Nitro & G4 E720, Goblin 500, 630 & 700, Compass 7HV, JR NEX 50 FBL Nitro, Logo 550SX, Blade 130x, Shuttle Plus 2+, Hirobo SDX thats all [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rchobbyfly View Post
        Which RTF heli you are buying? It will be good if the txm has a simulator feature. So you can learn on simulator first before proceed to fly the heli. It might not be easy to repair micro heli although it can sustain a few hard landing.
        thought of buying the BLADE mSR RTF

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
          I'd advised against RTF sets. My first RTF set costed me 450 and it was junk righ from beginning. If u can see yrself going long term in this hobby, get a good tx eg brands like futaba, jr or spektrum. Then go buy a trex 450 or 500 or even hk clones (imitation) from ho**yk**g. spare parts are plentiful & readily available. there is however also some learning though: swash mix, servo reversing, esc etc. Die-die must get a SIM, you will definitely need it. Good luck and be safe.
          Ohkays. THAT GOT ME LOST! ahahah definitely need to learn all that. Yeah definitely long term as long as there are fields in singapore that is playable.
          i've always been fascinated by flight. always wanted to be a pilot but didnt work out as i grew older

Comment

Originally posted by ricche View Post
            +1

you should just a tx n a sim while thinking which heli that u are considering to purchase u can also try out the different characteristic of the different size helis before u make your choice. (though the feel make be different, u get the rough idea of how it is like )
            I think you are right. But i definitely need an experienced mentor to help me out or i'll just be an impulse buyer and end up losing interest in the hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
              Both realflight and pheonix are nice, I have both. Realflight seems to need a bit more processing power while pheonix runs smoothly on my aged pc. Realflight comes with controller while pheonix can use your own (need to have trainer port). Pheonix hang time is longer so you have more time to recover when disoriented while realflight is more realistic here.
              Ahh i see thank you for letting me know the experience. I used real flight before and got quite hooked on it. Never tried phoenix though.

Comment

Originally posted by chuangyee View Post
                Visit Siltronic sunday afternoon for orientation programme. You can ask all your questions there.
                i would love to visit siltronic but i have no idea how to get there from bukit panjang. I dunt drive =(
                the thought of orientation would be nice. But i would feel awkward if i were to just appear and ask a lot of questions. and i guess i might even be treated as someone KPO just wanting to know more but not totally interested and the other party would feel like i have wasted his/her time.

Maybe someone here could be a kind soul and be my mentor? :hint2:

Comment

Originally posted by scifer View Post
                  Get a "proper" 50 size nitro or 600 electric. You need to not only train skills but also guts as well.
                  Chuang Yee

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="1"]Thunder Tiger G4 Nitro & G4 E720, Goblin 500, 630 & 700, Compass 7HV, JR NEX 50 FBL Nitro, Logo 550SX, Blade 130x, Shuttle Plus 2+, Hirobo SDX thats all [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Comment

There's an ESP on sale now. I think it's a v good deal.
                    Heli-ADDICTION:
                    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by chuangyee View Post
                      Get a "proper" 50 size nitro or 600 electric. You need to not only train skills but also guts as well.
                      Erh.. Thats kind of out of range.. Too big and i do not have a car..

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                        There's an ESP on sale now. I think it's a v good deal.
                        I have no idea if that is cheap/worth it.. But it seems to be a good deal. But i do not have the finance or space for that bird yet

Comment

Oh man, all you need to do is open your heart! This hobby is for adult more or less, Like you I too was confused - no buget, no space no this and that.Come on, you need some one for orientation? Get something proper,maybe kit first then radio and other stuff at your own pace.On this web you also see lots of very generous people can give rc stuff,stick around.Wanted to be pilot, Sure you can!!Siltronic Rocks.
                          be fair,it's only air, let's share with care!

Comment

Some good advice given here earlier in this thread but IMHO that's a good model to start as any and to get a feel of flight basics (upright flight for orientation, forward, backward and side-side flight, etc) and the functional effect of a swashplate on the main rotor. From this first model you will be able to judge your pace that will see you prepared for your next flying machine.

However if you see yourself on the fast track to flying inverted or 3D then a collective pitch heli may serve that purpose of giving you the thrill of that first flip. It really depends on what you aim to achieve in this flying hobby and these days there are quite a few options... scale helis, aerial photography, F3C flying, multi-rotors, or even trying planes, auto-gyros, and other flying contraptions. IMHO discover your interest at your own pace and budget and you'd be one happy flier.

Where are you located? If I may suggest, try checking around timings and locations to join some of us here who fly different locations and see what and how people fly and make some acquaintances in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by nese View Post
                              Some good advice given here earlier in this thread but IMHO that's a good model to start as any and to get a feel of flight basics (upright flight for orientation, forward, backward and side-side flight, etc) and the functional effect of a swashplate on the main rotor. From this first model you will be able to judge your pace that will see you prepared for your next flying machine.

However if you see yourself on the fast track to flying inverted or 3D then a collective pitch heli may serve that purpose of giving you the thrill of that first flip. It really depends on what you aim to achieve in this flying hobby and these days there are quite a few options... scale helis, aerial photography, F3C flying, multi-rotors, or even trying planes, auto-gyros, and other flying contraptions. IMHO discover your interest at your own pace and budget and you'd be one happy flier.

Where are you located? If I may suggest, try checking around timings and locations to join some of us here who fly different locations and see what and how people fly and make some acquaintances in the process.
                              ahh i see. im located in Bukit Panjang. thank you all for the replies and the opinions. I'll try to check around the timing and locations to join who is active here. thank you very very much! =)

Comment

Hi Guys and Ladies.

I'm basically new here as you guys can see from the join date.
                                I've read pretty much the basics of rc heli flying and would like to hear opinions.

I was from NCC(Air) back in my secondary school days and had a experience in flying rc. But the thing is, it was many2 years back and I didnt learn in depth. All i did was train on simulators and then had real time flying. Resources wise, i had no worries of needing to fork out any cash for maintenance when I crash. The best part is, I dunt remember what heli i was flying. All i knew was it was battery powered, and it was coaxial if im not wrong. But i remember it was relatively easy to control.

Now the question is, is it possible for me to start with Blade MSR? and slowly move on to the Blade MCPX that is in the future.

Dunt think I would like to invest in bigger heli's until I have my own place. LOLX!
                                Hi Scifer,

NCC (Air) which year? I believed the co-axial was a Comanche.

Cheers.
                                Kedi AH !

Comment

Working...
                                X