Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI! New here and wanting to hear advice from the community

Hi Guys and Ladies.

I'm basically new here as you guys can see from the join date.
    I've read pretty much the basics of rc heli flying and would like to hear opinions.

I was from NCC(Air) back in my secondary school days and had a experience in flying rc. But the thing is, it was many2 years back and I didnt learn in depth. All i did was train on simulators and then had real time flying. Resources wise, i had no worries of needing to fork out any cash for maintenance when I crash. The best part is, I dunt remember what heli i was flying. All i knew was it was battery powered, and it was coaxial if im not wrong. But i remember it was relatively easy to control.

Now the question is, is it possible for me to start with Blade MSR? and slowly move on to the Blade MCPX that is in the future.

Dunt think I would like to invest in bigger heli's until I have my own place. LOLX!

If you are serious about learning to fly a heli (not just play play), my suggestion is to start with simulator. Once you can hover on simulator, get a low cost 450 heli (flybar, new or old). Don't start with flybarless first, too many things to learn and you will lose focus on heli flying.
    And when you can fly the 450 well, then decide what's next; 500, 550, 600, 700 (flybar or flybarless)? I would pick 500 or 550 flybarless.
    Don't waste money on those micro heli, those are just for fun.

Comment

Just for fun! =) not intending to go 450-700 until further notice. making do with micro's until the kick isnt enough. now only have space to play micro's..

Comment

In my opinion, the micros are very difficult to fly. I would suggest at least a 200 size like Walkera Master CP. Most importantly as most bros would point out, get a simulator first and learn orientations.
        Too many helis!

Comment

okays simulators first. any recommendation for a first transmitter? my budget for my first transmitter is $200 and im not too sure of whats a good buy

Comment

Just got a blade 130x . Loving it to hover it is as stable as a 450 size .. Good practice if u wanna learn the basic after simulation time.
            sigpicWhy give yourself boundaries when the world has none...

Comment

Originally posted by scifer View Post
              okays simulators first. any recommendation for a first transmitter? my budget for my first transmitter is $200 and im not too sure of whats a good buy
              Since you decided on micros, dx6i is a good buy and you will still get change back from your $200
              Hanger
              Hirobo XRB SR Lama
              Hirobo Quark SRB
              Hirobo Quark SRB SG
              Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
              Blade450 3D
              MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
              COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
              Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
              FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
              Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
              HK FLYJET EDF
              Artech Skyfun
              Dynam P51D Mustang
              Parkzone P51

Tx:
              Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
              Spektrum DX6i
              DX8
              Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
                Since you decided on micros, dx6i is a good buy and you will still get change back from your $200
                what is the difference between mode 1 and mode 2? Sorry for the blur sotong question

Comment

what is the difference between mode 1 and mode 2? Sorry for the blur sotong question
                  Mode 1 has the Throttle and Aileron on the right stick. The Elevator and Rudder are on the left stick. The location of other controls vary with each manufacturer.

Mode 2 has the Aileron and Elevator on the right stick. The Throttle and Rudder are on the left stick.

Comment

Hope this helps too in addition to ricche's reply.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	stickmodes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	975792

Comment

Originally posted by ricche View Post
                      Mode 1 has the Throttle and Aileron on the right stick. The Elevator and Rudder are on the left stick. The location of other controls vary with each manufacturer.

Mode 2 has the Aileron and Elevator on the right stick. The Throttle and Rudder are on the left stick.
                      cool2 now i understand. thank you for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by rchobbyfly View Post
                        Hope this helps too in addition to ricche's reply.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]125546[/ATTACH]
                        Ahh an easier way to understand. thanks so much for the info. WOW so many things to learn. and i thought i should just go ahead and buy an RTF heli and just practice and crash and burn.

Comment

Ahh an easier way to understand. thanks so much for the info. WOW so many things to learn. and i thought i should just go ahead and buy an RTF heli and just practice and crash and burn.
                          Which RTF heli you are buying? It will be good if the txm has a simulator feature. So you can learn on simulator first before proceed to fly the heli. It might not be easy to repair micro heli although it can sustain a few hard landing.

Comment

I'd advised against RTF sets. My first RTF set costed me 450 and it was junk righ from beginning. If u can see yrself going long term in this hobby, get a good tx eg brands like futaba, jr or spektrum. Then go buy a trex 450 or 500 or even hk clones (imitation) from ho**yk**g. spare parts are plentiful & readily available. there is however also some learning though: swash mix, servo reversing, esc etc. Die-die must get a SIM, you will definitely need it. Good luck and be safe.
                            Heli-ADDICTION:
                            Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                            JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                              I'd advised against RTF sets. My first RTF set costed me 450 and it was junk righ from beginning. If u can see yrself going long term in this hobby, get a good tx eg brands like futaba, jr or spektrum. Then go buy a trex 450 or 500 or even hk clones (imitation) from ho**yk**g. spare parts are plentiful & readily available. there is however also some learning though: swash mix, servo reversing, esc etc. Die-die must get a SIM, you will definitely need it. Good luck and be safe.
                              +1

you should just a tx n a sim while thinking which heli that u are considering to purchase u can also try out the different characteristic of the different size helis before u make your choice. (though the feel make be different, u get the rough idea of how it is like )

Comment

Working...
                              X