Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with the Tx settings?

guess this has been discussed but it could not solve my problem.
    my setup: Futaba 9CHP, Trex XL eCCPM, HS56 all round, electron 6 Rx, GY401, CH1 aileron, CH2 elevator, CH3 throttle, CH4 rudder, CH5 gyro, CH6 pitch.
    well here goes...
    according to the Futaba manual, the swash type should be SR3 (did that)
    but when i moved the throttle up and down, the swash actually performed an elevator movement.
    and when i pushed the elevator stick up and down, it performed a throttle movement (i.e. all 3 servos moved).
    i have tried adjusting the swash AFR, but nothing seems to work (got worse instead). i have read the threads at RCgroups but the post by superhornet assumes that the swash movement is correct.
    i don't know what else i can do... jialat thought of doing maiden tomorrow now this cropped up
    experienced rex owners with 9CHP, pls help. tolong tolong.
    Hover: STILL many many
    FF: so-so; fig 8s, nose-in hover
    Crash (Major): 4
    Back to flying... let the goods times roll

Wa! fixing a trex can had so many problem that make me wonder.....

Comment

Paging for SuperHornet!!!!

Comment

Hi Membina

For Futaba 9CHP TX.

Swash parameter = SR-3
        Channel wise, follow the picture. Channel #1 and #6 can be swap but your reverse/normal for your channel and the Swash Plate AFR have to be different.

Set Ch #1, #2 and #6 to normal first. Set your AFR to all +50 first. Disconnect motor wire first before u do anything.

Set your pitch curve to be 50 50 50 75 100 first.

Set throttle/collective stick to min first.

Then move Elevator up/down. If middle servo go in a reverse direction, set channel #2 to reverse.

Then try Aileron. If Left servo goes reverse direction, reverse that channel. Same goes to right servo.

After that, move throttle stick up from min to max and see how is your servo/swash plate movement (Note that since your pitch curve is 50 50 50 75 100, your swash plate will not move till u reach 50% or more.)

If all 3 servos goes in reverse, change your AFR for pitch to -50% instead.

Once u are ok with that, then u can start changing your pitch curve.

BTW... I use Daniel Wee's TRex photo. Sorry for that.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Hi kwai

It is not TRex has so many problem... it is newcomer or no experience in eCCPM having difficulty of setting up TRex CDE... Even in other eCCPM Heli.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Bro,

This is what i face yesterday.
            Solved liao.

Anyway we will be meeting tomorrow rite ?
            I will help you tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
              Hi Membina

For Futaba 9CHP TX.

Swash parameter = SR-3
              Channel wise, follow the picture. Channel #1 and #6 can be swap but your reverse/normal for your channel and the Swash Plate AFR have to be different.

Set Ch #1, #2 and #6 to normal first. Set your AFR to all +50 first. Disconnect motor wire first before u do anything.

Set your pitch curve to be 50 50 50 75 100 first.

Set throttle/collective stick to min first.

Then move Elevator up/down. If middle servo go in a reverse direction, set channel #2 to reverse.

Then try Aileron. If Left servo goes reverse direction, reverse that channel. Same goes to right servo.

After that, move throttle stick up from min to max and see how is your servo/swash plate movement (Note that since your pitch curve is 50 50 50 75 100, your swash plate will not move till u reach 50% or more.)

If all 3 servos goes in reverse, change your AFR for pitch to -50% instead.

Once u are ok with that, then u can start changing your pitch curve.

BTW... I use Daniel Wee's TRex photo. Sorry for that.

Super-Hornet
              managed to solve this prob. u the man da but when i move the throttle stick up max, there's clicking sound... means binding right? what do i do to get rid of it? kam siah in advance.

Comment

Due to I do not own CDE so I not sure what will be the exact value for the AFR.

If u move your throttle/collective to max with full pitch and the wash out hits the top T-Hub before your collective haven't even go to max, then your AFR is too much. Reduce the AFR.

You should get Washout at middle travel when your pitch is at 50%. When pitch at 0%, u should have your washout at the lowest point. When pitch at 100%, your washout just touching the T-Hub. If u get beyond that, just reduce the AFR value. DO NOT REDUCE the End-Point!

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                  Due to I do not own CDE so I not sure what will be the exact value for the AFR.

If u move your throttle/collective to max with full pitch and the wash out hits the top T-Hub before your collective haven't even go to max, then your AFR is too much. Reduce the AFR.

You should get Washout at middle travel when your pitch is at 50%. When pitch at 0%, u should have your washout at the lowest point. When pitch at 100%, your washout just touching the T-Hub. If u get beyond that, just reduce the AFR value. DO NOT REDUCE the End-Point!

Super-Hornet
                  thank you very very much... can sleep well tonight knowing that the servos are doing what they are supposed to be doing.
                  can maiden liao tomorrow... then sort things out bit by bit. comforting to know that there are lau chiao like you to pass on knowledge...
                  super hornet... kam sia.

Comment

Ehh.. No Problem. Glad that I can help even though I do not have CDE I anyhow guessing only...

Super-Hornet

Comment

sorry about reviving this post... is it necessary to centre the servos with everything at zero? i.e. pitch curve all 0 setting? AFRs at +50% for all servos? but throttle curve at 0,25,50,75,100? after the horns are centred then program the Tx with pitch settings? thanks. (using futaba 9chp)

Comment

Originally posted by membina
                        thank you very very much... can sleep well tonight knowing that the servos are doing what they are supposed to be doing.
                        can maiden liao tomorrow... then sort things out bit by bit. comforting to know that there are lau chiao like you to pass on knowledge...
                        super hornet... kam sia.
                        fly tomorrow?
                        no need work??

Branden born on 8th Oct 2004

Vivian born on 21st Oct 2006

[IMGhttp://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/baby2.gif[/IMG]

Honey Bee T bought on 15/9/05
                        Broke tail blade on 18/9/05
                        Broke tail blade shaft 23/10/05

Comment

Originally posted by rookie517
                          fly tomorrow?
                          no need work??

no lah... thanking super-hornet for his help the last time... this time cannot get the ptich correct, short of lengthening the eccpm links to reduce the pitch, which is not according to manual leh...

Comment

hello,

how do u centre the servo horns? do u do it manually or using a Tx..?

Comment

everything power off, then remove servo horns from servos, then switch on Tx, then servo will centre itself, then put back horns as close to 90 degrees as poss, then use sub-trim to make it 90 degrees. hope that clears the centering servo thingy.
                              Originally posted by ChRiS
                              hello,

how do u centre the servo horns? do u do it manually or using a Tx..?

Comment

Working...
                              X