Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FyreSG View Post
    I've enraged my wife many times over my devotion to heli readings, forums, tinkering, and actual flying. I know its tough, haha! If you had read that two great sites, you would have a basic understanding the keywords that you raised earlier - e.g. tail gain, throttle hold. Being able to ask specific question on what's the confusion is about, would really help.

You could join meet ups aka fun fly events. I'm only familiar with the one at Queenstown. If you're convenient to drop by my area, we could meet up for chat. I enjoy sharing what I know about RC heli basics, even though I'm a beginner myself! Haha.
    okay, gone to do some more homework

Comment

..and also this one.. don't know how i missed it:
      RC helicopter radios are more important than the RC helicopter when getting into the hobby. Let's look at what features are important.

Comment

You could join meet ups aka fun fly events. I'm only familiar with the one at Queenstown. If you're convenient to drop by my area, we could meet up for chat. I enjoy sharing what I know about RC heli basics, even though I'm a beginner myself! Haha.
        Can you share information about this meetup? - where and when do they take place?

Comment

The one I go to is quite informal. It's not a planned event. It's like I go there... then I see there're people there, so I go over to talk to them. Sometimes I go over there, there are nobody; sometimes there are 5 or 8 of them flying jets, quads, 3D helis, etc.

Where do you stay? It's better to join the groups that go to places near you.
          Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
          Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly
          Planes: Volantex 757-4, F16 EDF, F959, F939, HiSKY HFW400
          Transmitter: Taranis X9D+

Comment

The one I go to is quite informal. It's not a planned event. It's like I go there... then I see there're people there, so I go over to talk to them. Sometimes I go over there, there are nobody; sometimes there are 5 or 8 of them flying jets, quads, 3D helis, etc.

Where do you stay? It's better to join the groups that go to places near you.
            understand. so it's probably weekends (sun/sat) mornings? where in Queenstown?
            myself - i stay at woodleigh (near potong pasir). think the nearest "official" site would be CD field. otherwise, i know some ppl fly at the park next to woodleigh MRT. not ideal for planes as there is a slope, but okay for helis. I have never flown there though (never flown anywhere apart indoors).

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcool View Post
              myself - i stay at woodleigh (near potong pasir).
              which I must add - rchobbyfly was kind enough to meet me there. Thanks rchobbyfly!

Comment

which I must add - rchobbyfly was kind enough to meet me there. Thanks rchobbyfly!
                You are welcome.

Comment

thank you rchobbyfly for the 1on1 private lesson. Gave me confidence.
                  we were sure lucky with the weather, i went to the market about an hour later (potong pasir). on the way back is started raining heavily. Saw another group of rc aircraft flyers same place we were, but they got stuck in the heavy rain.

Comment

thank you rchobbyfly for the 1on1 private lesson. Gave me confidence.
                    we were sure lucky with the weather, i went to the market about an hour later (potong pasir). on the way back is started raining heavily. Saw another group of rc aircraft flyers same place we were, but they got stuck in the heavy rain.
                    you are good with helicopter too.
                    Enjoy flying.

Comment

Working...
                    X