Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

building help on heli

hi everyone ! i am new to this forum . I am having my final year project building a conventional helicopter( one main rotor and one tail motor) . i had
    just mounted two of the dc rotors onthe body and ready to build a base for my heli. However , i am unsure of any idea how to build a base . Anyone help me ? i am willing to pay any money for it or if there is any good shop that could help me . Thanks for any inputs .

I'm not trying to discourage you but help u look into a proper aspect.

Bro, frankly, u can buy all of this in kit form from RC LHS shops & assemble all up by reading all the manuals. However, by following all this makes it not innovative for your project marks. It depends on how big size is your scale & how much is the budget. If it is unlimited and the institution has not determined an amount cap then I would certainly build one of the largest ever concept designed helicopter that is a quarter price of our Apache.

A concept design heli can take off within a compound & move around limited perimeter without infringing the cross over of any property rights. If you do not intend to take off but just spins on the ground, any basic equipment can do. The last thing is whether you're controlling it from an external view or you will be the risk factor sitting inside it. Work out your possibilities and proposal points.

Look for posts by "Super-Hornet" under "My Recent Scale Heli Project..." That link will give u a rough coagulated form for your project.
    1. Mikado Logo 800 XXtreme;Mikado Logo 600
    2. Align 700N DFC;600EFL;600Nx3;550E;700E,Flasher 600E
    3. Aeolus 50Nx2,Aeolus 50Ex2
    4. Thunder Tiger X50N;X50E
    5. Compass 6HV;Compass7HVx2;Atom 500Ex3;Compass 3DPlus N,WARP360
    6. Velocity 50N,Srimok 90N,Protos 500E,TZ90N
    7. Goblin 90E,GAUI X7,KDS700E;KDS550E,
    8. Mingda MD7/8,M3D600Ex2,Assault 700Ex2,RUSH750
    9. Agile 7.2x2, Agile 5.5,Curtis Rave Ballistic 90ENV
    10. KDS Chase 360,GAUI X3 x 2,Goblin 380
    & 500s,450s,250s in deep slumber

Comment

Are u referring to 1:1 scale heli??? Or just an r/c heli???

If its an r/c heli, just get a heli kit and slavage the parts from it and build ur own.

If its a 1:1 heli, u need to start manufacturing ur parts or start watching A Chopper is Born by Mark Evans. Building his very own heli : http://www.ovguide.com/tv/a_chopper_is_born.htm

Comment

Originally posted by daveth26 View Post
        Bro, frankly, u can buy all of this in kit form from RC LHS shops & assemble all up by reading all the manuals. However, by following all this makes it not innovative for your project marks. It depends on how big size is your scale & how much is the budget. If it is unlimited and the institution has not determined an amount cap then I would certainly build one of the largest ever concept designed helicopter that is a quarter price of our Apache.

A concept design heli can take off within a compound & move around limited perimeter without infringing the cross over of any property rights. If you do not intend to take off but just spins on the ground, any basic equipment can do. The last thing is whether you're controlling it from an external view or you will be the risk factor sitting inside it. Work out your possibilities and proposal points.

Look for posts by "Super-Hornet" under "My Recent Scale Heli Project..." That link will give u a rough coagulated form for your project.

i have to use the helis body and dc motors given by the teacher. The only thing i can buy and design is the base of the helis and build it onto the body part. Up till now , i am clueless how to start with the building. i do not set any budget as long the project work fine. ya my helis has to be in the air (using gyro to stablise it). i had post a picture of my progress right now below.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
          Are u referring to 1:1 scale heli??? Or just an r/c heli???

If its an r/c heli, just get a heli kit and slavage the parts from it and build ur own.

If its a 1:1 heli, u need to start manufacturing ur parts or start watching A Chopper is Born by Mark Evans. Building his very own heli : http://www.ovguide.com/tv/a_chopper_is_born.htm
          i tink its a rc helicopter . btw i am using a gyro and analogstick to move.

Comment

this is the heli body with the dc motor( main rotor and tail rotor).
            the rotor has yet to be mounted .

sorry for the spam guys ):

Comment

Dont worry about it.. this is what you should be doing in order to allow us to help you more effectively..

Anyways it would be good if you could give us the exact specs of your motor.. cause the type of motor would determined the size of the heli.. so we can narrow our search as well..

It would also be best if you could give us the exact question your teacher posted.. cause if going by what you just said.. ( if i were still in school i would probably use that piece of stick stuff it into the heli and use the motor to power some battery fan just for show onto another Pre made RC heli haha so i would actually be still infusing what i was given as required. i love loop holes )

This is a detailed build guide of the heli i flying ( sorry for the biase post haha i love my Protos!! ) anyways this should probably help you a lot in terms of building..

Feel free to flood us with your questions and dont worry about being a nuisance. cause if you are we just wont reply.. haha so no worries bro..
              Regards,
              Xuen7

SELLING
              2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
              Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
              Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
              Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
              MCPX parts / kit etc..
              Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

Originally posted by xuen7 View Post
                Dont worry about it.. this is what you should be doing in order to allow us to help you more effectively..

Anyways it would be good if you could give us the exact specs of your motor.. cause the type of motor would determined the size of the heli.. so we can narrow our search as well..

It would also be best if you could give us the exact question your teacher posted.. cause if going by what you just said.. ( if i were still in school i would probably use that piece of stick stuff it into the heli and use the motor to power some battery fan just for show onto another Pre made RC heli haha so i would actually be still infusing what i was given as required. i love loop holes )

This is a detailed build guide of the heli i flying ( sorry for the biase post haha i love my Protos!! ) anyways this should probably help you a lot in terms of building..

Feel free to flood us with your questions and dont worry about being a nuisance. cause if you are we just wont reply.. haha so no worries bro..
                Sorry . i do not have all the spec for the parts . but i got the pictures of everything. Guess that is enough to predict the scale i am building on. The objective is to build a conventional helicopter and fly it in the air. The stepping stone is the helis body , the 2 dc motor and some propellors. can u tell me about the stuffing into the heli and use the motor to power some battery fan just for show onto another Pre made RC heli ? i am pretty noob at this tech thingy , so i am quite desperate in seeking help and advise (:

Comment

If u are required to build something out of ONLY those items shown in the picture, it is not enough to build a helicopter like flying object.

If you are required to use those propeller to "lift" your heli, u either need:
                  1. very very light overall heli
                  2. spin propeller in very very high RPM...but do take note that, there is a limit to how fast it can spin before the propeller break apart or lifting power drop.

U need more items... and mainly more info as to what u are ask to build and what is the requirements.

SH

Comment

Looking at the stuff u have, I dont think it will be sufficient to build a heli. U going for a Fixed Pitch heli or Coaxial heli or Tandem heli???

Comment

Okay i will take note of the speed of the propellor. i am given 3 months to build a conventional heli ( just 2 motor will do) , not sure what is fixed pitch or coxial though. So i am instructed what to do every week, meaning i cant build everything at one go. i am tasked to mount my dc motors on the body and build a base right now. i believe my teacher will give me more components soon . As for building and designing a base , is anyone good at it ?

Comment

Originally posted by hcwickz View Post
                        Okay i will take note of the speed of the propellor. i am given 3 months to build a conventional heli ( just 2 motor will do) , not sure what is fixed pitch or coxial though. So i am instructed what to do every week, meaning i cant build everything at one go. i am tasked to mount my dc motors on the body and build a base right now. i believe my teacher will give me more components soon . As for building and designing a base , is anyone good at it ?
                        See this :

Comment

Hi, I built a small Fixed pitch before from different rc heli part but sold it now building another one. It's not easy to diy heli.. you need a huge patience.

By the way, you might want to check this out.

Comment

Hi

From the picture i believe you will have to build a fixed pitch heli. But alot of work has to be done if you are going to scratch build it.

Meanwhile if you are going to fly the heli, you should start practicing now on simulator because 3 months isn't a deadline very far away.

Comment

Are you also require to use only the supplied propellers? Anyway, I'll start by finding the CG of the supplied material you have. Start by placing the DC motor for the tail rotor at the end of the stick. Then find a good balance position to place your DC motor for the main rotor.

As for the base. I think that's were your teacher will want you all to be innovative. The base can be anything. A round tupperware container position directly below the main DC motor for the main rotor. then glue or taped in in place. Otherwise. You can buy some styrofoam blocks and sand and shape it to something unique.. But the base usually goes directly below the main rotor.

Just focus on finding a platform where you can mount your "Stick" body with both DC motor in place and let it hold the sticks and motor without it tipping forward or backward.

Comment

Working...
                              X