Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iceman_215 View Post
    I have already tried my best... still no luck on sorting out the vibe...

I have balanced everything... Blades, pitch (tracking ok now), made sure all screws and bolts tight, etc... replaced the gyro...

But anyway... I'll keep trying.

I have a few suspects though...

The main drive gear... there's some significant wobble in it. will this cause a vibe..?

The main shaft ball bearing... there's some little microscopic horizontal play on it. Took out the whole rotor head assembly and let it spin. It has some very small vibe in it, like its some sort of bent in the microscopic scale. Putting on the whole rotor assembly and putting in the paddles and the blades, is this vibe amplified...?

Its unforgiving... but i'm not ready to give up yet... the cost of my repairs so far have reached the price of a new kit... hehehehe

I'll try replacing the bearings... if still no luck, then I'll get a new kit.
    If your changing the bearings.. i would suggest you buy the Metal Main bearing block. New kits unless the SE still don't come with these.

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={E049F2C6-4D4E-4784-A010-10133AB5CE9C}&pn=1

If you notice some play on the main shaft, do ensure that shaft collars are leveled and holding the main shaft sufficiently with limited up/down movement.

The main gear naturally has some wobble to it but it should not look like its going to spin out balance anything soon. The contact between the main gear and the motor pinion should have a paper width gap allowance between them. This gap will help to deal with the wobbling free play of the main gear better.

While this might be common sense.... but have you oil/grease those parts that constantly moving? Bearings, shafts, belts etc... sure love some good lubrication to work smoothly.
    ------------------
    Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
    Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
    OS 91HZ
    RJX 90sz Muffler
    HC3-SX
    Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
    Align D650 Tail
    GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
    Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
    RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
    Align D610 Cyclic
    Spartan Quark + Align D650

Crashed:
    Raptor 50 SE
    Powered by: Nitro Magic 20%

Comment

Originally posted by misato View Post
      If your changing the bearings.. i would suggest you buy the Metal Main bearing block. New kits unless the SE still don't come with these.

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={E049F2C6-4D4E-4784-A010-10133AB5CE9C}&pn=1

If you notice some play on the main shaft, do ensure that shaft collars are leveled and holding the main shaft sufficiently with limited up/down movement.

The main gear naturally has some wobble to it but it should not look like its going to spin out balance anything soon. The contact between the main gear and the motor pinion should have a paper width gap allowance between them. This gap will help to deal with the wobbling free play of the main gear better.

While this might be common sense.... but have you oil/grease those parts that constantly moving? Bearings, shafts, belts etc... sure love some good lubrication to work smoothly.
      Thanks Bro!

I'm going to get the metal bearing block.
      Its a good thing LHS are very accessible. So we can just pop in the shop pick up some parts and good to go.

I have the main shaft collar secured to minimize vertical play as much as possible.

I also have the main gear to pinion, and the tail gear to tail drive gear meshes to optimum as recommended by most forums I have read.

Also oiled and greased the necessary parts.

hmmm....

I hope for the last time all goes well... hehehe...

Just making use of all my downtimes practicing with the SIM...
      No charge for crashing... and the machine gets back up in no time and in perfect condition... hehehe

Comment

Finally...

Finally my MT hovers calmly now...

The crazy vibe is gone... and the gyro is holding up "rock solid"... though there's still a very minute vibe during startup but I think its because she's sitting on a training skid. hehe...

Therefore I conclude that each and every pieces of a heli can very well contribute to its performance, even the smallest of the parts.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the senior Bro's and everyone who gave very helpful advices and recommendations. Thank you!

Anytime I will encounter issues with heli, I will roughly know what to do.

Thanks lah!

Comment

Originally posted by iceman_215 View Post
          Finally my MT hovers calmly now...

The crazy vibe is gone... and the gyro is holding up "rock solid"... though there's still a very minute vibe during startup but I think its because she's sitting on a training skid. hehe...

Therefore I conclude that each and every pieces of a heli can very well contribute to its performance, even the smallest of the parts.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the senior Bro's and everyone who gave very helpful advices and recommendations. Thank you!

Anytime I will encounter issues with heli, I will roughly know what to do.

Thanks lah!
          Just curious... what did you fixed to make the vibration go away?
          ------------------
          Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
          Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
          OS 91HZ
          RJX 90sz Muffler
          HC3-SX
          Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
          Align D650 Tail
          GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
          Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
          RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
          Align D610 Cyclic