Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another set of Data to share

As a guide only, this is what I gathered from various forums on 12s setups. Unfortunately, I have only been able to track a lot of 13t setups. There were fewer 14t setups and also commonly found, a lot are using trex 700 main gear for stripping prevention (which I think is quite not necessary). The 14t on governor mode for the Jive at 75%-80% seems about the most happening tuning for me on the Trex 600 ESP for best power vs weight vs duration balance. Strongly recommend to use 3000 mah minimal instead of 2650 mah as seen in the data jpeg.

Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Got myself a pair of G-Force weighted tail grips

Got a fantastic service from Radio Modeller today, am going to try out this weighted tail grips from G-Force for Trex 600.

This one allows me to add more weight if I need to. I like the fact that the counter weight is put nearer to the center of the hub. Thanks to B25 for the headsup on this.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am however going to help finish this order from HEIM JOINT. Please PM me your wants from the list below, the price is in USD. I am doing this to save shipping ideally to split it among 4 persons etc. Dun ask me question on whether it will fit on other heli models, I dun know better actually.

Chinese weights available:
      Trex 250
      Trex 450 SA
      Trex 450SEV2
      Trex 500 STOCK PLASTIC
      Trex 500 KASAMA
      Trex 500 ALIGN METAL
      Trex 600 STOCK PLASTIC
      Trex 600 KASAMA
      Trex 600 QUICK UK
      Trex 600 ALIGN METAL
      Trex 700 STOCK PLASTIC
      Trex 700 KASAMA
      Trex 700 QUICK UK
      Trex 700 ALIGN METAL
      Vibe 50 STOCK PLASTIC
      Vibe 90 STOCK PLASTIC
      GAUI 200 V1 & V2
      T250 PRELOAD SPACER SET

All Chinese weights are $16.50 a set
      except (600/700 stock plastic only are $7.50 a set)

The T250 tail blade grip bearing preload spacer set is $5.99
      The Torx T5 wrench for the screws in the preload spacer set only is $3.29

I need:
      § Size (T250, T500, etc.)
      § Type (Stock plastic, Kasama, Quick UK, Align metal, SA, SE V2, etc.)
      § Quantity of each,
      § Your full name & shipping address
      § Desired shipping method
      § Email addressto send you a Paypal invoice that can be paid with credit, debit, check, or paypal.

Foreign Shipping options:
      1. $4.00 shipping & handling for up to 4 sets worldwide (USPS First class postal letter) I have had very good success with this, with very few lost in the mail, but keep in mind you have no insurance! with this method. Does not require customs.
      2. $15.00 shipping & handling for up to 4 sets worldwide (Registered First class postal letter) Insured up to $47.93. Does not require customs.
      3. $30.00 shipping & handling worldwide (USPS express mail International ) insured up to $65.00 requires customs declaration. Additional insurance is available at extra cost. Include your phone number for customs.

Comment

wow that one is siew!
        Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
        Got a fantastic service from Radio Modeller today, am going to try out this weighted tail grips from G-Force for Trex 600.

This one allows me to add more weight if I need to. I like the fact that the counter weight is put nearer to the center of the hub. Thanks to B25 for the headsup on this.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I am however going to help finish this order from HEIM JOINT. Please PM me your wants from the list below, the price is in USD. I am doing this to save shipping ideally to split it among 4 persons etc. Dun ask me question on whether it will fit on other heli models, I dun know better actually.
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Looks great let us know how it works for you...maybe i'll get one for myself too

Comment

Originally posted by jffry7 View Post
            Looks great let us know how it works for you...maybe i'll get one for myself too
            Is highly recommended if you fly high head speed, like above the 2200 range, my 12S eraptor tail was really weak at this RPM range, fitting this grip brought it back alive.

And one thing to added pls ensure that you are using alloy main blade grip if you want to fly above 2200 rpm

Anyone got eRaptor mainframe to sell no stock at LHS , look like I need to another transfer all my electronic to another species of dinosaurs

Edmond you got spare frame hor
            sigpic

Comment

hmmm, this service is provided for u personally only or available for other helis as well?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                hmmm, this service is provided for u personally only or available for other helis as well?
                ok, check xian's website n saw it is available for T600 only.

In that case, can I join in the order for 1 set of Trex 500 Align metal of the Chinese weights?
                Pmed u my contact number for my payment.

Thanks

Comment

Hey Guys,

I PMed those who are interested in the weights.

B25,

Anytime you want to convert your Nitro, onz! kekekeke

On the installation of G-Force tail so far:
                  I used back the old stock plastic tail hub as instructed in the manual. Install everything and used locktite to keep the bolts in. Seems to work out pretty well so far. Feels a bit weighty, I will take some measurements to compare the diff between the Align metal tail and this G-Force one. I wasn;t able to complete the installation as I was stuck with removing the tail hub from the shaft. For some damn reasons, it is stuck even without the grub screw. Any remedy to recommend, close to trying burning it!

Comment

Ed, you can try putting a hot soldering iron to the shaft for a seconds,
                    most likely some locktite got between the hub and shaft.

Originally posted by b25 View Post
                    And one thing to added pls ensure that you are using alloy main blade grip if you want to fly above 2200 rpm
                    After that sunday, I immediately went R**** and grab a complete TZ full metal head to change out the TT plastic/metal one
                    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

KDE thrust bearings and G-Force weighted grips installed!

Originally posted by Ghostfit View Post
                      Ed, you can try putting a hot soldering iron to the shaft for a seconds,
                      most likely some locktite got between the hub and shaft.

After that sunday, I immediately went R**** and grab a complete TZ full metal head to change out the TT plastic/metal one

Thanks Tony for the tip. I tried the soldering iron and got impatient, I took a small lighter torch and direct it at the hole. It came off after about a few seconds, even the WD40 I used to penetrate decided to combust lol.

Anyhow, I done up the tail bit and my only gripe so far is the fairly raw CNC surface feel to it. With the tail blades installed, the slightest tightening from the grip and folding of blades will see the CNC surface scraping the blades finishing a little too eagerly and effectively.

Yesterday, I also received a package from Readyheli keke. I opened it up and was pleasantl surprised to find ReadyHeli branded sweets with my KDE thrust bearings block. Swapped the old one out for the KDE last night and it is fairly easy to install. Just need to double check binding of swash due to the raised bearing block.

Here's some pics, the KDE bearing block with thrust bearing is about 5g heavier than the original, that means I gain a total weight of 10g lol. The thrust bearing will do well to take away vertical loading of the main shaft on the radial bearings.

Comment

Thanks Tony for the tip. I tried the soldering iron and got impatient, I took a small lighter torch and direct it at the hole. It came off after about a few seconds, even the WD40 I used to penetrate decided to combust lol.

Anyhow, I done up the tail bit and my only gripe so far is the fairly raw CNC surface feel to it. With the tail blades installed, the slightest tightening from the grip and folding of blades will see the CNC surface scraping the blades finishing a little too eagerly and effectively.

Yesterday, I also received a package from Readyheli keke. I opened it up and was pleasantl surprised to find ReadyHeli branded sweets with my KDE thrust bearings block. Swapped the old one out for the KDE last night and it is fairly easy to install. Just need to double check binding of swash due to the raised bearing block.

Here's some pics, the KDE bearing block with thrust bearing is about 5g heavier than the original, that means I gain a total weight of 10g lol. The thrust bearing will do well to take away vertical loading of the main shaft on the radial bearings.

I just love their sweets
                        Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
                        Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
                        HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
                        sigpic

Comment

wah ed... bling bling... very SHINY!!
                          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by b25 View Post
                            Is highly recommended if you fly high head speed, like above the 2200 range, my 12S eraptor tail was really weak at this RPM range, fitting this grip brought it back alive.
                            I'll be running at a lower headspeed.. my heli is for AP

I also have this on my stretch 600ESP..I havent tried them but heard good things about it...it will be tested as I will be running 690mm blades and FBL setup...

Hope things work well and hope to here how it goes for the KDE....I also got the tail upgrade from them...seems a good buy but havent heard anything about it yet...

Comment

Flight Report:

G-Force weighted grips:
                              Heli is flying well! No change on tail gain but I noted a much better holding capability on tic tocs and general flying like loops and all. A run on the Spartan diagnostic shows that I am running 38% gain. Looks like I can go higher. It just dawn upon me that I have subconsciously being holding my tail when I do tic tocs and tail slides. Now it basically I need to do that a lot less. Tail response is also somewhat more eager.

KDE thrusted bearings block:
                              Now this is the best upgrade of them all. I can't tell if it is more RPM friendly under power conditions, but for auto rotation, it is a marked improvement, much better hang time and slower RPM decay.

Comment

Hi edmond22,

Enjoyed reading your post on the 12S conversion.

I have a 600 ESP too, but unfortunately I did not do enough research prior to the purchase of the lipos and brought the Flightmax 6S1P 5000maH ones. Thus, I am pretty much stuck with running at 6S setup.

I am running with the Scorpion 4025-1100kV motor with 15T Align pinion (changed out to 6mm shaft). Have a 16 and 17T RevCo pinion ordered on the way for higher headspeed next time. Currently, motor is governed at "Fixed RPM" mode via Castle Creations 110A HV ESC. Running it at 1850/1900 RPM is good enough for gentle flying. Am still learning to fly circuits.

Agreed on the KDEdirect bearing blocks. Best thing to ever happen to ESP. The stock Align bearings go notchy after less than 10 flights. They are simply not meant to take axial loading (i.e. rapid pitch pumps).

I have the Heim Joint chinese weights mod with the metal tail hub upgrade too, but haven't gotten to install them as the stock plastic tail is still working fine. Have a Spartan DS760 and S9254 which held well after much tweaking, travel adjust, gain and deceleration profile.

I should go over to Punggol to take a look at you guys flying and learn more.

Take care and cheers!

HT

Comment

Working...
                                X