Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Align 430X BL motor & RCE-BL35X ESC

1. Hi! kind owners of T-Rex 450, I face an issue with my motor & ESC fm Align. Appreciate that some1 can enlighten me;

a. Fixed my brand new T-Rex motor & ESC into my new MT E325, with MT 13T pinion gear that came in MT kit. Linear throttle curve with mid stick @ 50%.

b. Originally MT Hovers @ 1/4 stick, but after abt 10 flights I need 2 throttle till 3/4 stick b4 it leaves the ground! I'm almost @ full throttle @ all times during flight! Wonder where has all the power gone to? Change another good batt. pack problem persisted!

2. I'm unsure what went wrong, guy fm shop told me I'ad burnt my BL Motor or ESC by over throttling or over flying w/o adequate intervals. Totally untrue! I do give min 15~20min break between flights.

3. Dear experience flyers does Align brushless motor or ESC burnt out so fast?
    How do I chk which is bad? I don't wana replace both($$$!), but just to fix the bad. Pls help! Good day!

Learning Stall Turns
    Mode 2 Heli Masticator
    学习神龙摆尾
    美国手直升机毁灭者

1. Did you do the ESC setup properly?

2. And reconfirm the beeps?

3. The 430XL is a very good motor, doubt it can burn so easily. Mine survived 13 crashes.

4. But the BL35X is quite dodgy in gov mode.

5. Make sure the pinion is not spinning on the motor shaft.

6. Hope this helps.

7. Numbering Rocks!

Comment

most ppl hover at either 1/2 or 3/4 stick, but at 1/4 confirm its improper setup. especially now i dont see any collective management at full throttle 100% of flight time. if ur motor/esc burn, u wont b able to start it properly. check on the setup 1st, come down to ff for help...
      Current BlinkĀ²:
      Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
      Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History BlinkĀ²:
      Belt-CP
      Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
      Nate Waddoups

Comment

8. Forgot to add, my buddys Mini-T also has spool up problem, but it's due to the one-way bearing.

9. Cheers!

Comment

purple, would seriously advise u to drop by the woodlands ff or any other ff of ur choice since none of ur heli seems to be flying properly
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleUnicorn View Post
            1. Hi! kind owners of T-Rex 450, I face an issue with my motor & ESC fm Align. Appreciate that some1 can enlighten me;

a. Fixed my brand new T-Rex motor & ESC into my new MT E325, with MT 13T pinion gear that came in MT kit. Linear throttle curve with mid stick @ 50%.

b. Originally MT Hovers @ 1/4 stick, but after abt 10 flights I need 2 throttle till 3/4 stick b4 it leaves the ground! I'm almost @ full throttle @ all times during flight! Wonder where has all the power gone to? Change another good batt. pack problem persisted!

2. I'm unsure what went wrong, guy fm shop told me I'ad burnt my BL Motor or ESC by over throttling or over flying w/o adequate intervals. Totally untrue! I do give min 15~20min break between flights.

3. Dear experience flyers does Align brushless motor or ESC burnt out so fast?
            How do I chk which is bad? I don't wana replace both($$$!), but just to fix the bad. Pls help! Good day!
            I'm also using the same motor n ESC as u in my SEv2 for 1 year plus until the ESC started to give me slow response & current flowing problem.

I changed the ESC & is happily flying till now.

Comment

Dude many thks on the Tip & Tea

Originally posted by Ken4 View Post
              1. Did you do the ESC setup properly?

2. And reconfirm the beeps?

3. The 430XL is a very good motor, doubt it can burn so easily. Mine survived 13 crashes.

4. But the BL35X is quite dodgy in gov mode.

5. Make sure the pinion is not spinning on the motor shaft.

6. Hope this helps.

7. Numbering Rocks!
              1. Hey Dude! Didn't expect 2 run into u @ Rotor this afternoon!
              2. Will perform chks in accord 2 ur suggested list 1st thing tmr.
              3. Yeah, right I kinda No. all my mails, b it personal or official, facilitates X referencing.

P.S. Heard a lot abt ur 3D inventiveness

Learning Stall Turns
              Mode 2 Heli Masticator
              学习神龙摆尾
              美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

Much that I wana admit u r right!

Originally posted by johndyl View Post
                purple, would seriously advise u to drop by the woodlands ff or any other ff of ur choice since none of ur heli seems to be flying properly
                1. Yes, much that I wana admit u r right!
                I've;

600CF T-Rex that sits on the rack,
                450's that over spools on me,
                Honey Bee w/o tail authority,
                Hirobo that gave my thumb a blow,
                MT E325 that refuses 2 fly,
                ESC fm Scorpion that needs calibration,
                Eyeing on Spartan 2 fly 3Dimension

2. Yes, I wana seek help, but was shy 2 stop them fly.
                Besides its entertaining, really enjoy watching!

3. Mayb I'll resolve 1 @ a time, that way I can learn & understand better how it's done. Thk u very much! Fm bottom of my heart!

Learning Stall Turns
                Mode 2 Heli Masticator
                学习神龙摆尾
                美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

What's Collective Management?

Originally posted by Nazar78 View Post
                  most ppl hover at either 1/2 or 3/4 stick, but at 1/4 confirm its improper setup. especially now i dont see any collective management at full throttle 100% of flight time. if ur motor/esc burn, u wont b able to start it properly. check on the setup 1st, come down to ff for help...
                  1. Thks dude! But I don't even understand what's collect management 2 begin with, not 2 mention @ "Full Throttle". Yes I do need 2 slow down 2 catch up...

2. Yes, I'll b seeking professional help this weekend @ Willington Circle.
                  I was there the very 1st time yesterday. Many kind Masters gave my good advise & chked on my Heli. I wasn't aware there r that many code of Settings & technology involved...in this "Toy" that I own.

3. I wana take this opportunity 2 express my earnest gratitude 2wards their gift of time & patience.
                  Cuz they knew they lost me 1/2 thru their lessons

Learning Stall Turns
                  Mode 2 Heli Masticator
                  学习神龙摆尾
                  美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

BL motors hve on contacts

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                    I'm also using the same motor n ESC as u in my SEv2 for 1 year plus until the ESC started to give me slow response & current flowing problem.

I changed the ESC & is happily flying till now.
                    1. I must agree with u, cuz my understanding of an AC 3phase BL motors has no contact between the stator & rotor, except the electro magnetic flux that's cutting the windings. The only possible wear r the thrust bearings.

2. On the other hand ESCs comprises isolate gate bipolar transistors(IGBT) which runs into degeneration or burnt out curve, upon repeating firing 2 sustain the vector of the brushless motor.

3. Think I'll replace a better 60amps ESC & fire up the BL motor again like u did. Thk u on ur kind input. Hope 2 meet up with u in person 1 day

P.S. Keeping my fingers X!

Learning Stall Turns
                    Mode 2 Heli Masticator
                    学习神龙摆尾
                    美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

I was there the very 1st time yesterday. Many kind Masters gave my good advise & chked on my Heli. I wasn't aware there r that many code of Settings & technology involved...in this "Toy" that I own.
                      Uh.... We also beginner nia ... Don't say Masters leh... Wait all the real masters laugh at us haha.

Comment

1. Thks dude! But I don't even understand what's collect management 2 begin with, not 2 mention @ "Full Throttle". Yes I do need 2 slow down 2 catch up...

3. I wana take this opportunity 2 express my earnest gratitude 2wards their gift of time & patience.
                        Cuz they knew they lost me 1/2 thru their lessons
                        Oh, now I think I know who you are liao... I was kinda of busy setting my helis so maybe this weekend I can take a good look at your setup too if you don't mind... cheers..
                        POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL!!!

Comment

1. I must agree with u, cuz my understanding of an AC 3phase BL motors has no contact between the stator & rotor, except the electro magnetic flux that's cutting the windings. The only possible wear r the thrust bearings.

2. On the other hand ESCs comprises isolate gate bipolar transistors(IGBT) which runs into degeneration or burnt out curve, upon repeating firing 2 sustain the vector of the brushless motor.

3. Think I'll replace a better 60amps ESC & fire up the BL motor again like u did. Thk u on ur kind input. Hope 2 meet up with u in person 1 day

P.S. Keeping my fingers X!
                          1) I dun think BL motor will get burnt easily, unless it has dirt/soil/sand particles inside, or wrong match with ESC/prop/blade or aircraft weight

2) Too chim for me

3) 450 size dun need to use until 60amps ESC. 45amps is way way good enough le

Comment

Thks Doc!

Originally posted by PhantomGT View Post
                            Oh, now I think I know who you are liao... I was kinda of busy setting my helis so maybe this weekend I can take a good look at your setup too if you don't mind... cheers..
                            1. Right I'm the old guy with Panda eyes! The new kid with 450 kit, that run on too high head speed!

2. Yes I wana know what's a right & safe way 2 sustain this hobby. So pls look into my set up & go thru set by step with me. Cuz non is set up by me.

3. My philosophy of a Hobby;

1st it must interest me
                            2nd it should take my mind off my Co.
                            Short pre-preparation b4 execution
                            No need of intricate tool or operation
                            Things that I'll enjoy & bring joy
                            & things that r not easily spoiled
                            things that will grow my passion
                            yet sustainable by my emotion

Learning Stall Turns
                            Mode 2 Heli Masticator
                            学习神龙摆尾
                            美国手直升机毁灭者

Comment

Smoking cigar later?
                              今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
                              不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
                              长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
                              Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
                              If you take care of your heli, your heli will take care of your pocket.
                              Be gentle with your heli so that your heli will be gentle with your pocket.
                              Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
                              Outrage Fusion 50 (FBL)12's
                              Outrage 550 (FB)6's
                              Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
                              Compass Model Warp 360 (FBL)6's
                              Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

Working...
                              X