Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! - Optic 6 with Futaba GY401 gyro

Can any kind soul adivise me on this?
    -Which channel should my rudder input connector and sensitivity switiching connector goes to on the reciever? Input connector to channel 4 and the other to 5? The hitec manual says channel 5 for gyro but when i insert to channel 5, nothing happens when i adjust my rudder input and there's a blinking light continously. I tried adjusting the gyro gain but nothings happen.

-How do we goes into the normal mode? The gy401 maual says intermittent flash is normal mode, so does we adjust the gyro gain to go to this mode?

Initally thought that its just a simple setup like GY240 but i was wrong....help please....

Hi

I've never worked with a hitec but think of it like this ( see picture from 401 manual)

channel 5 ( in your case) is operated by a switch. In order to determine what signal is being sent out on channel 5 you adjust the ATV ( EPA) for channel 5 for both switch postions. The gyro reacts according to th signal it's recieving by staying in normal mode or going to AVCS ( HH)mode.

If it's a simple 2 postion switch then ( look at the example on the right)
    Switch position for normal mode should be no more than 40% and second switch postion for AVCS mode 60% or above.

Can be a bit tricky to understand if you;ve not done it before.
    If you get stuck report back and we can try and help some more
    Good luck

Comment

channel 4 is for gyro. channel 5 is for gain.
      sigpic

Helis:
      Heli 1: Trex 450SE V1
      Date of Operation: 27 JULY 08
      Specs: JGF 450TH + RCE-BL25G + GY401 + HS-65HB cyclics + HS81 tail
      Radio: Optic 6 + Electron6
      Batt: Zippy-H 3s 2200mah 20C

Comment

Originally posted by luckysoul View Post
        channel 4 is for gyro. channel 5 is for gain.
        Good point ..the TS wasnl;t really clear . The plug from the gyro goes to channel 4 and the other plug ( red plug with single wire) is the gain and goe to CHannel 5

Comment

make sure polarity is correct..if not,no respond.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind souls reply...

Im still a bit confuse...
            If the optic 6 comes with the 3 position sw (Norm,Idle1,Idle2), I just need to set the gyro gain as what is stated on the left picture thats all? Do i still have to adjust the EPA settings as what is stated on the right? Btw, after adjusting the remote gain, do i have to plug/unplug the power to the ESC so that the new settings to take effect? .... Sorry if i ask stupid questions...keke..

Comment

I think im really asking the wrong question...
              Anyway, i tried setting up just now and able to fly my heli at last! Thanks to those that provide the info especially BigFilsing who even put in the effort to put up the pictures! Really appreciate that.
              I think basically its just to control the mode (AVCS or Normal) while we are flying in the different mode right? (Idleup etc).. I got confuse cos when i throttle up, the tail keeps spinning...later i discovered that the DIR should be the reverse way...

Comment

Glad to hear it's working.
                If you have a 3 position switch then you can follow the diagram on the left indeed. ( and ignore the one on the right)
                Depending on the % you set for each switch position will determine not only which mode the gyro is worling in but also the sensitivity . Look at the verticle bar graph thing in the diagram . on the left of the graph you have the % setting which corresponds to the sensitivity of the gyro on the right.

You'll probably have to experiment a bit to find the right setting for your heli.

Good luck
                PS The 401 will work with the gain channel not connected at all. You might want to start off like this and setting the gyro up with the adjustment screws on the gyro itself first before trying the TX contolled sensitivity. Then you know the basics are OK . Once you're happy with the heli performance in simple hover and forward flight, connect the gain lead and experiment with the switch position setting

Comment

Originally posted by tom99sg View Post
                  Btw, after adjusting the remote gain, do i have to plug/unplug the power to the ESC so that the new settings to take effect? .... Sorry if i ask stupid questions...keke..
                  No, that shouldn;t be neccessary. All you are doing is altering the signal that is being transmitted ( on channel 5) to the gyro gain.

One thing you should remember is when you first switch on try and keep the heli still while the gyro initialises ( a couple of seconds) >it raely gives a problem but can gien you some wierd situations

Comment

Thanks for all the info!
                    Cheers !

Comment

Working...
                    X