Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC Throttle end point setting

This posting is meant for JyHeli. Cant believe u never read the manual properly.

The kind of trial n error I did on both my CC HV85 has trained me on CC very well.

Comment

no lah

no lah...this is not what I am asking.

I remmeber last time when I use cc controller, to ensure i can arm the motor correctly and get full throttle align to my tx. I have to do something like put throttle stick on highlest position while throlle curve is 0 to 100, and end points set both to 50%. Then connect, the motor will not arm with led flash....then something like push the throttle stick to lowest point and adjust the end point till it arm the tx. next is where I forget .....i think somehting like move to highest point, adjust end point to get esc LED on full lights up...this will get you the right end point setting to arm and max throttle at highest stick position...

something like this.....

Can not fin din manual anymore.

Jonathan

Comment

I've heard it before, but I never do it on my CCs
        Heng shit never happen so far

Comment

What u are trying to do in the low and high end point is more applicable for non governor mode.

In the latest software and firmware, if u set to governor with "define own RPM" mode, that high and low end point is no longer necessary because the ESC get its RPM from the "Back EMF" signal from the motor itself. If your motor spec and gearing spec is correct, your RPM should be correct.

SH

Comment

simple

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
            What u are trying to do in the low and high end point is more applicable for non governor mode.

In the latest software and firmware, if u set to governor with "define own RPM" mode, that high and low end point is no longer necessary because the ESC get its RPM from the "Back EMF" signal from the motor itself. If your motor spec and gearing spec is correct, your RPM should be correct.

SH
            SO when I use simple RPM mode, I should use do it.

Adrian,

hee..hee...you never do this? Wouldn't this be cause of your problemI know I had a hard time in the past with cc when I don;t do this.

Jonathan

Comment

The reason of doing the high and low end point is that you will get good reference between your TX throttle percentage and the percentage defined in the Castle Creations's firmware. If your end point is not correct, your ESC might reach 100% long before your TX throttle curve even reaches 100% or when your TX show 100% but the ESC is consider it as less than 100%.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post

I remmeber last time when I use cc controller, to ensure i can arm the motor correctly and get full throttle align to my tx. I have to do something like put throttle stick on highlest position while throlle curve is 0 to 100, and end points set both to 50%. Then connect, the motor will not arm with led flash....then something like push the throttle stick to lowest point and adjust the end point till it arm the tx. next is where I forget .....i think somehting like move to highest point, adjust end point to get esc LED on full lights up...this will get you the right end point setting to arm and max throttle at highest stick position...

something like this.....

Jonathan

Check with Frank, I think he had written one article about this throttle and speed alignment for CC esc, I can't remember which forum though.

Comment

same for all cc
                  For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

DX7 individual motor end point setting
                    Trex 500 CC80A Scorpion motor HK3026 1600KV High end point is 100% and Low is 140%

Trex 500 CC80A Z-power motor Z15A 1620KV High end point is 100% and Low is 135%

Outrage 550 CC125A Z-power motor Z30A 1110KV High end point is 100% and Low is 115%

Mini Titan E325 CC35A Z-power motor Z10A 3300KV High end point is 150% and Low is 130%
                    今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
                    不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
                    长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
                    Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
                    If you take care of your heli, your heli will take care of your pocket.
                    Be gentle with your heli so that your heli will be gentle with your pocket.
                    Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
                    Outrage Fusion 50 (FBL)12's
                    Outrage 550 (FB)6's
                    Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
                    Compass Model Warp 360 (FBL)6's
                    Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

The method I use is the same method as the one in finless HV85 video.

1) Set the end points of your throttle curve to around 50 for both high and low
                      2) Ensure that you have a 0-100 throttle curve.
                      3) connect motor to esc, so that there will be beeps.
                      4) place throttle stick at HIGH position, and plug in the battery.
                      5) SLowly increase the end point for the throttle High until you hear a unique beep sound. This is the same sound as when you try to do manual setup for CC ESC, remember those days without CC link :P
                      6) Now that you have your max point, its time to do the minimum.
                      7) Disconnect battery. Throttle stick position to the bottom
                      8) COnnect battery, at this point your ESC SHOULD NOT ARM.
                      9) Slowly increase your min throttle endpoint until you hear the arming signal.
                      10) Done!

These steps are only for CC ESC. I'm not sure about others. This setup is very important if you use fixed mode. It is also important when you need to setup the bottom throttle to arm your ESC. This way, your ESC will arm when the throttle stick is at the lowest point, and not somewhere above it, hence your pitch will correspond to the correct headspeed of your throttle input.

Hope this helps.

something like this.....

Jonathan

Comment

SO when I use simple RPM mode, I should use do it.

Adrian,

hee..hee...you never do this? Wouldn't this be cause of your problemI know I had a hard time in the past with cc when I don;t do this.

Jonathan
                        I never did such thing for my CC45 and both HV85 before leh.

But for my CC Hydra 240, in the instruction manual, we have to do it.

Comment

good

All, Ok tks got it working.
                          The cc new govn mode work quite well compare to what I have a years back. Definately should turn it on and use it.
                          Jonathan

Comment

Yep, it has improved to a level that i can do without my eMultigov

Comment

I am impress

Originally posted by genexis View Post
                              Yep, it has improved to a level that i can do without my eMultigov
                              As you know I have been using Kontronik, but I am very impressed with the latest cc software.

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X