Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lu wei yao View Post
    Im worried about the Carb sticking issue though.
    Seems like everybody has it, and i don't want my RPM to go crazy w/o a gov.
    So i'm skeptical till a remedy is devised.

Thanx!
    I have seen talks of regular cleaning and pull push linkages for the throttle in Runryder.

HDB, are you going to do that push pull thing? I think you ought to.
    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Happened to me only once .. keeping my finger cross.. im following the thread closely on RR too

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
      I have seen talks of regular cleaning and pull push linkages for the throttle in Runryder.

Heli:
      . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
      . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
      . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
      . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
      . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
      . Ok Model Medallion
      . E*Star Storch
      . ElectriFly S.E.5a
      . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
      . Canon 7D & 500D
      . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
      . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
      . Canon 85mm f1.8
      . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post

Tmr not working. Likely will take out the Carb and inspect to see if much friction has occured. Thanks for highlight!

Comment

Till now never take out carb to check But will try to do so soon.

Anyway, I have just got through 1 gallon on my Redline. So run-in was short with 1st tank idle, 2nd & 3rd tank idle and hover, 4th tank slow easy FF and then I start flying like normal.

My flight time now with TT header tank is 7min with header almost full. I am on about 2.73 turns opened on needle valve and mixture screw is opened till flushed.

On normal, throttle curve 9/50/90 and Idle is 100/70/100 with ATG on Normal mode so that it acts as a limiter.

I spool up with ATG off. RPM was constant till half stick, when the engine bog and I have to slower push to 75% stick and wait for RPM to regain
          If I am correct, this means either mixture too lean or needle valve too rich .. right?
          When on idle engine back plate is not hot, and it stays alive at 9% curve, so I guess it should be ok.

After 7min of flight, I come down and straight away feel the engine back plate. I left finger there for 1min also not a prob, simply not warm

I'm curious, are there anyone out there who shares the same results as me? I am on 20% and my collective is quite active during flight, very active I would say.

There is one thing about my fuel line, they are quite long ....

Any comments anyone on Redline?

Comment

RL53 out you go!

Im gonna replace the RL53 with my good old OS50.
            Will not be using RL unless TT responded with credible answer/solution to the annoying throttle sticking issue.

If the engine doesnt run hot.. it'd be too sluggish for me..
            If i run it abit leaner & hot .. the throttle would stick!

HDB: a pic reference for you

Heli:

Plane:
            . Ok Model Medallion
            . E*Star Storch
            . ElectriFly S.E.5a
            . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
            . Canon 7D & 500D
            . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
            . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
            . Canon 85mm f1.8
            . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Originally posted by CKS View Post
              Will not be using RL unless TT responded with credible answer/solution to the annoying throttle sticking issue.

If the engine doesnt run hot.. it'd be too sluggish for me..
              If i run it abit leaner & hot .. the throttle would stick!

HDB: a pic reference for you
              Oh F***

Looks like my Redline stays in the box.

Thanx!
              SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CKS View Post
                Pls share the symptoms!

Now you're scaring me

Comment

HDB,

Yes.. Mine was like what you describe.. engine bog above mid stick, and need to ease down to give it time to pick up power, engine is cool after flight etc.... But the engine is now very consistent after like 5 gallons.. Lot's of power, as I've since leaned it 2.5 turn closed.. In fact, I'll be replacing my OS for red-line after my current OS dies..

Don't seems to be experiencing any of those throttle sticking problem leh.. Maybe it's a batch problem?

FYI.. The engine is not very consistent when I first run it with CY MP2. But works very well after replacing the MP2 for a Hatori 523..

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
                    HDB,

Yes.. Mine was like what you describe.. engine bog above mid stick, and need to ease down to give it time to pick up power, engine is cool after flight etc.... But the engine is now very consistent after like 5 gallons.. Lot's of power, as I've since leaned it 2.5 turn closed.. In fact, I'll be replacing my OS for red-line after my current OS dies..

Don't seems to be experiencing any of those throttle sticking problem leh.. Maybe it's a batch problem?

FYI.. The engine is not very consistent when I first run it with CY MP2. But works very well after replacing the MP2 for a Hatori 523..
                    Thanks, I can sleep slightly better tonight
                    You mean 2,5 turn opened right????
                    Lets hope it is a batch problem But will try to remember to check the carb

Comment

Eh.... 2.5 turn open.. Yes.. The low-end needle lean a little from factory.. don't know how may turn but did lean it a little..

It's a good engine lah.. Just that very troublesome at first.. But once you've got it run in.. This engine will start to bite liao..

FYI.. I wasted 1 full gallon of 30% wildcat.. Just to break-in this engine.. and 1 full gallon.. heli did't even take off the ground.. Throttle up.. anywhere above half stick. bog.. ease off, bog.. cannot lift off at all!!.. Pocket kena burn.. Change to 20% cool power. lean to about 2.75 turns.. Then start like what you say.. half stick bog. ease and let it pick up speed then fly..

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
                      Thanks, I can sleep slightly better tonight
                      You mean 2,5 turn opened right????
                      Lets hope it is a batch problem But will try to remember to check the carb

Comment

Wow, your pocket really bleed just to make it lift off
                        Ok, then I'll lean it slowly to 2.5 turns opened.
                        Yeah this really is a nice engine.
                        Maybe needle valve needs to be very lean for the transition to be smooth from low to high.

Comment

Can someone explain the symptoms of the throttle issue? I tried turning my throttle and it seems real smooth. Furthermore with such high torque of few kgs, it isnt enough to turn the throttle?
                          I am really puzzled and really hope to know what I am expected to see or feel if shit happens.

Comment

well known issue.. read abt it here

Can someone explain the symptoms of the throttle issue? I tried turning my throttle and it seems real smooth. Furthermore with such high torque of few kgs, it isnt enough to turn the throttle?
                            I am really puzzled and really hope to know what I am expected to see or feel if shit happens.
                            Heli:

Plane:
                            . Ok Model Medallion
                            . E*Star Storch
                            . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                            . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
                            . Canon 7D & 500D
                            . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                            . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                            . Canon 85mm f1.8
                            . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Thanks CKS for the thread. I've seen through it before but still they only stay sticking and I'm quite curious how the sticking feels.
                              The later part of the thread, someone mentioned solving the issue by changing the ballink to the left side of the servo horn on throttle valve.
                              Mine was fixed like this, I'm wondering if it is what they are referring to..
                              Pls advise

Pls refer to the post by jessegodsey on page 4

Comment

Mine would get stuck on high throttle point when under load which im able to replicate simple by flipping heli invert and punching up.

And when i flip it back to upright, mid stick hovering (idle up) would sound very aggressive (over-speed). Luckily, switching to throttle hold would still be able to push it down to idling position.

Upon landing, i found that manually moving throttle stick from mid to max position would be very rough, no problem from mid to close position though.

I also noticed that the throttle sticky issue would surface when i run the engine hot, and not when i run it cold, super rich & sluggish.

mines on the right side of the horn .. but if changing to left side helps .. then something is really wrong too .. and i dont mind trying

Thanks CKS for the thread. I've seen through it before but still they only stay sticking and I'm quite curious how the sticking feels.
                                The later part of the thread, someone mentioned solving the issue by changing the ballink to the left side of the servo horn on throttle valve.
                                Mine was fixed like this, I'm wondering if it is what they are referring to..
                                Pls advise

Pls refer to the post by jessegodsey on page 4
                                http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t436695p4/
                                Heli:

Plane:
                                . Ok Model Medallion
                                . E*Star Storch
                                . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                                . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Photo toy
                                . Canon 7D & 500D
                                . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                                . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                                . Canon 85mm f1.8
                                . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide