Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beginner need help, lama v4

hi guys, i just bought a new lama v4. crashed it several times and went through a couple of blades already. i was just about to get the hang of hovering it, b4 it had a minor crash again. now, i have some problems. the heli wont even take off when applied full power. i changed the blades and everything looks fine. but it just wont take off. i notice that the led light(batt indicator will turn from green to red) on full power. is there something wrong with my batt? i have 2 of the 800mah lipos and they are very new. could it be a batt problem? i use the supplied esky charger to charge it. is the batt suppose to get warm when fully charged cos mine did not.

Originally posted by joe1981
    hi guys, i just bought a new lama v4. crashed it several times and went through a couple of blades already. i was just about to get the hang of hovering it, b4 it had a minor crash again. now, i have some problems. the heli wont even take off when applied full power. i changed the blades and everything looks fine. but it just wont take off. i notice that the led light(batt indicator will turn from green to red) on full power. is there something wrong with my batt? i have 2 of the 800mah lipos and they are very new. could it be a batt problem? i use the supplied esky charger to charge it. is the batt suppose to get warm when fully charged cos mine did not.
    1 thing is for sure your batt is not suppose to get warm after charging if they do quickly dispose of them because they will most likely explode or burn
    «Kira'sHanger™®»:
    HK450MT ( awaiting elecs)

Comment

Lipo are not suppose to get warm after charge, becareful. Only Nimh and Nicd will get hot when charge.

Comment

hmm thanks for the lipo tips guys.. but still wondering why my heli cant take off.. anybody got any idea? im very new in this electric heli hobby.. i bought the heli from a friend. anybody knows of any shops that i can send my heli in for a 'check-up'?

Comment

hmm thanks for the lipo tips guys.. but still wondering why my heli cant take off.. anybody got any idea? im very new in this electric heli hobby.. i bought the heli from a friend. anybody knows of any shops that i can send my heli in for a 'check-up'?
          «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

thanks kiratime.. appreciate it

Comment

thanks kiratime.. appreciate it
              no problem!
              «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

but maybe its ur motor thts having the problem as you said u hav crashed it before so the motor might hav been damgaed even though it seems fine...
                but still the best is to bring it the shop for check up
                «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

Originally posted by kiratime
                  but maybe its ur motor thts having the problem as you said u hav crashed it before so the motor might hav been damgaed even though it seems fine...
                  but still the best is to bring it the shop for check up
                  i crashed it quite alot actually. hehehe. was just about to get the hang of hovering it b4 the problem appears. thanks again bro

Comment

i crashed it quite alot actually. hehehe. was just about to get the hang of hovering it b4 the problem appears. thanks again bro
                    no problem! thats wats the forums and bros are for
                    «Kira'sHanger™®»:

Comment

Lama V4

Hi! Probably you should try to check the following:

1) If you are in mode 2. check your throttle trimming lever on your right hand side. whether is it in the center or not. Most probably ( I think! ) your trimming for your throttle is at the bottom or near bottom.

2) Your batter probably already over use. Lipo battery cannot be drain to its minimum voltage below 3.7V for each cell. Check with your multimeter what is the voltage from your battery after a full charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Cessna584
                        Hi! Probably you should try to check the following:

1) If you are in mode 2. check your throttle trimming lever on your right hand side. whether is it in the center or not. Most probably ( I think! ) your trimming for your throttle is at the bottom or near bottom.

2) Your batter probably already over use. Lipo battery cannot be drain to its minimum voltage below 3.7V for each cell. Check with your multimeter what is the voltage from your battery after a full charge.

hey thanks for the tip.. checked the throttle trim, its centered. bout the battery condition, i doubt it is over-used cos i just use it for 3-4 run times. n yupz, i followed the charging instructions too :P. well hopefully nothing serious.. always been a nitro(car) guy and ep is a totally new ball game.

Comment

since it is secondhand.. brushed motor may be dying..
                          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

hey.. i found out whats the problem.. inner shaft plastic part was loose. no power to upper blades.. hahaha. thanks to the uncle @ RCE hobby for pointing it out to me. really nice guy. advised me lots of things to learn bout heli actually.. thanks guys..

Comment

Working...
                            X