Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at page 12 of heli forum. The 2 maps are there.

As for timings... sorry, that's "classified informatcion".

Actually no one knows... when we are there, we are there.

It is usually last minute notice of time and place.
    huh

Comment

Got a bad feeling today. Thinking I would crash my heli again. But when I got it up....warm up a little with some basic hovering. Tried side hover at 2m... (right)... held it steady under moderate wind... I got over the fear and became confident.

I decide to try flying it far & high (10m).... but I hit a $#@$@# updraft. PANIC!!!!!!!!

Lost orientation for a split second, calm down and regain control. Hit 2nd updraft while trying to bring it down... and it zoom higher and even further away....
      PANIC AGAIN

Make drastic decision.. decide to risk bringing it down hard before totally loosing control. Heli drop > 5 m, nearly hit a tree top. Gave a punch up and nose up... managed to skim past the small tree with a few meter clearance.

Did whatever I could to bring it back.... got it down about 10m in front of me... with hard landing... but it at least it didn't bounced up.

Nothing broke. Heli in perfect condition.
      Cold sweat. Took about 5 minutes to stop shivering.

Call it a day, only after half a tank.

... everytime I have I bad feeling about flying... I crash my heli that day. Today was a close shave.
      huh

Comment

Hey Nic,

Should relax man! The more in Kan Chong the more you will loose orientation! When it gets too far away, hover, catch your breath and fly back to yourself tail in.

Comment

One rule I have learned, fly high, anything happen just hover (tail in)
          JCho

Comment

nic...try to have -4 to -5 at the bottom.....then the pt 2 of the throttle curve should be about 35 or 40%....like

0% -4
            40 0
            50 +5.5
            75 +8
            100 +10

then will not have the problem of bringing the bird down....
            TREX 500 ESP
            Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Arthur:

Thanks for your advice.. will try that.
              huh

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
                yea ammo, i suspect the muffler is the one giving the probs. because of the two piece construction, it can expand and contract, leaving it not airtight sometimes. i've noticed that needle settings change alot simply because of the muffler, possibly because when the muffler leaks, there is not enough backpressure and fuel leaks out, results in runs that require to be very rich, or lean. unfortunatly i can't afford the TT muffler right now. its about.... $60? and i need to pay off my radio first...
                Originally posted by Brandon Chng
                yea! today i managed to do a little forward figure 8s, slow and at headlevel. feels great. that freaking hour on the field toget the engine okay was worth it... but damnit la, don't want to have to everyday do 1hr of tweaking before can fly. the settings on my engine NEVER stay the same. today nice nice, tommorrow will become completly cocked up. want to fly rich, engine will die at half throttle. lean a little bit, overheat like siao. it seems impossible to get power with the engine staying warm.
                hmmm..... the TT muffler so bad....??...is it possiblily the cause of my OS 32 tweaking also... this weekend retweaking it again....damm...
                Heli
                * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
                Thanks to all old birds from Daddyhobby
                Car
                *Hyper 8 RTR
                Tank
                *HenLong M1A1
                Mini Monster Truck

Comment

Originally posted by eleewhm
                  hmmm..... the TT muffler so bad....??...is it possiblily the cause of my OS 32 tweaking also... this weekend retweaking it again....damm...

interesting of you to dig up this thread again, reminded me of the days in the sun tweaking the bloody engine. anyway the muffler i was referring to is the stock unpolished two piece muffler, which can come apart in the middle. they're held together by one long bolt. if i remember clearly, after i changed to the polished tt muffler, 80% of the problems went away.
                  JR 9x
                  Raptor 50 SE
                  Raptor 90 3D
                  Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
                  Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
                  Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Working...
                  X