Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Raptor 50 kits and OS engines

Hi everyone,

I am very interested in getting into nitro helicopters, and am looking at the raptor 50 series.

Could someone please tell me the difference between the raptor 50 V2 SE and the raptor 50 titanium at the rotors website. Which is a better platform or is a better purchase?

Also which engine should I get for this helicopter? The 2 OS engines I cannot tell the difference, the OS50SXH Ring Engine and the OS50SXH Ring Hyper Engine?

Thank you very much in advance.

Originally posted by wacs
    Hi everyone,

I am very interested in getting into nitro helicopters, and am looking at the raptor 50 series.

Could someone please tell me the difference between the raptor 50 V2 SE and the raptor 50 titanium at the rotors website. Which is a better platform or is a better purchase?

Also which engine should I get for this helicopter? The 2 OS engines I cannot tell the difference, the OS50SXH Ring Engine and the OS50SXH Ring Hyper Engine?

Thank you very much in advance.
    the raptor 50 v2 se has a metal hub but the raptor titan has a longer boom than the other raptor 50 series.

os50sxh hyper has blue heat sink while the os50sxh is normal. the hyper is ideal for 3d flying.
    Kedi AH !

Comment

Originally posted by Murdanny
      the raptor 50 v2 se has a metal hub but the raptor titan has a longer boom than the other raptor 50 series.

os50sxh hyper has blue heat sink while the os50sxh is normal. the hyper is ideal for 3d flying.
      Thank you for the reply, what impact does a longer boom have on the performance of the helicopter?

Comment

With longer boom, you can use longer blades up to 620mm with longer blade. You get more lift, and you heli flies more stable.

BTW. You can install a longer boom on a R50 SE. R30 to R50 SE/Titamium all uses the same chassis. The difference are some of the links, gearing and boom size, and engine size.. Hence, you can convert an R30 to a R50, R50 SE to a R50 SE Titanium etc..

Originally posted by wacs
        Thank you for the reply, what impact does a longer boom have on the performance of the helicopter?

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz
          With longer boom, you can use longer blades up to 620mm with longer blade. You get more lift, and you heli flies more stable.

BTW. You can install a longer boom on a R50 SE. R30 to R50 SE/Titamium all uses the same chassis. The difference are some of the links, gearing and boom size, and engine size.. Hence, you can convert an R30 to a R50, R50 SE to a R50 SE Titanium etc..
          yupp. but if u use a 620mm for 3d, its not so good because my engine bogs down like hell.
          Kedi AH !

Comment

There's a lot of info in the other recent thread about R30 vs R50 also, you might want to check it out

[I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
            [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

Working...
            X