Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Idle up

hello guys,

assumming the Pitch curve for both Normal and Idle up modes are the same from above mid stick, when u switch from Normal to Idle up, ur swashplate should not move right? cause in theory there is no collective change.

so if the above is correct, why is it on my heli when i switch to idle up from normal my swashplate will move, i.e, my channel 1 and 6 (aileron and pitch servos) move upwards and my elevator servo moves very slightly down. the end result on the swash plate is very obviously tilted back.

i can subtrim my heli so my swash is level in Idle up but when i switch back to Normal the swash becomes tilted again due to this movement in servos.

this really stumps me.. anyone got any ideas?

CHEERS!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

just in case,

i am using optic 6 TX,

Pitch curve normal - 36/50/50/75/100
    Pitch curve Idle up - 0/25/50/75/100

Throttle curve normal - 0/75/85/95/100
    Throttle curve Idle up - 100/95/85/95/100

servos are the purple powertech digitals from JH

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Originally posted by stickman
      hello guys,

assumming the Pitch curve for both Normal and Idle up modes are the same from above mid stick, when u switch from Normal to Idle up, ur swashplate should not move right? cause in theory there is no collective change.

so if the above is correct, why is it on my heli when i switch to idle up from normal my swashplate will move, i.e, my channel 1 and 6 (aileron and pitch servos) move upwards and my elevator servo moves very slightly down. the end result on the swash plate is very obviously tilted back.

i can subtrim my heli so my swash is level in Idle up but when i switch back to Normal the swash becomes tilted again due to this movement in servos.

this really stumps me.. anyone got any ideas?

CHEERS!
      In normal mode, place your throttle stick to mid-stick. Check if your main blades are 0 pitch. My guest is you got some + pitch at mid-stick. At mid-stick, your servo horn should be 90degree. Pitch also should be 0 degree in order to syn your Pitch normal and Pitch idel.

sigpic
      FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

ok i rechecked everything, raven u are right.

i originally set up my heli in idle up mode, so at mid stick everything is zero pitch and good.. when i switch to normal mode, i get negative pitch, my swash moves down now. i move my stick to 75% and switch between the modes, same thing, the swash moves down on normal mode.. this phenomenon goes away at max stick.

so my noob question now is.. how to fix my pitch so its zero at mid stick in normal mode? i cant use subtrim cause this affects Idle up also..

i triple checked my pitch curves and they are identical from midstick up.

thx for any help in advanced..
        confused noob!

Comment

From ur description, ur swash shld not move from mid to high stick cos the pitch values are the same. Do you still remember when you done your settings in idle up, wat is the position of ur pitch hover lever? They must be the same if you do not wan to see the change in pitch in idle and normal.

i originally set up my heli in idle up mode, so at mid stick everything is zero pitch and good.. when i switch to normal mode, i get negative pitch, my swash moves down now. i move my stick to 75% and switch between the modes, same thing, the swash moves down on normal mode.. this phenomenon goes away at max stick.

so my noob question now is.. how to fix my pitch so its zero at mid stick in normal mode? i cant use subtrim cause this affects Idle up also..

confused noob!

Comment

confused noob!
            that is because ur pitch trim is not centered(the lever on the left side of the tx..

make sure it is 0 at mid stick in normal then blue tack the lever. u dont actually need it
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

just my 2 cents (Dun is it the right way)

Clear off all your pitch settings/Subtrims/EPA. Have a linear pitch (0/25/50/75/100)

move your throttle stick to mid point (50%). At this point, make sure that your servo horns are all 90 degrees and swash plate is level.

After you have done the above. Check your pitch.. Make sure that its at zero degree. If not, adjust your linkages. It should be quite if your linkages are right.

After your get your zero pitch, move the your throttle to both 0% and 100% to check your max and min pitch. If you dun get the max and min pitch you want, adjust your swash AFR.

After you have gotten your desire Max/Min pitch, make sure iin are in normal mode and adjust your pitch curve to obtain your desire pitch for your normal mode. The 50/70% range should not be adjusted.

Switch to Idle up mode, U should not see the swash plate moving.

Hope the above would help. If anyone see anything wrong with the above setup, please correct me. Thanks. I'm still a newbie (hehe)
              Jack_Mav88
              ---------------------------------------------
              Planes:
              1) 90mm Fiberglass F16
              2) RCL F16I
              3) Fly Fly 90mm MIG 29 (Building)
              4) Hyperion KI84 Hayate 40e (Selling)

Heli:
              1) Trex 700N (MWTS)
              2) E-Raptor 620
              3) RJX Extreme 90 (MWTS)
              4) Hurricane 550 (upgrading)

Comment

Originally posted by jack_mav88
                just my 2 cents (Dun is it the right way)

Clear off all your pitch settings/Subtrims/EPA. Have a linear pitch (0/25/50/75/100)

move your throttle stick to mid point (50%). At this point, make sure that your servo horns are all 90 degrees and swash plate is level.

After you have done the above. Check your pitch.. Make sure that its at zero degree. If not, adjust your linkages. It should be quite if your linkages are right.

After your get your zero pitch, move the your throttle to both 0% and 100% to check your max and min pitch. If you dun get the max and min pitch you want, adjust your swash AFR.

After you have gotten your desire Max/Min pitch, make sure iin are in normal mode and adjust your pitch curve to obtain your desire pitch for your normal mode. The 50/70% range should not be adjusted.

Switch to Idle up mode, U should not see the swash plate moving.

Hope the above would help. If anyone see anything wrong with the above setup, please correct me. Thanks. I'm still a newbie (hehe)
                bro his prob is with the optic 6 pitch lever.. it is quite common and has been discussed many times b4 liao
                For sale

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                  that is because ur pitch trim is not centered(the lever on the left side of the tx..

make sure it is 0 at mid stick in normal then blue tack the lever. u dont actually need it
                  i meant adjust the pitch lever so that it is 0 deg for mid stk in normal and idle up. then bluetack it
                  For sale

Comment

Bro John hit the jackpot!! problem solved!!

Thanks for all the input guys.

CHEERS!

Comment

Bro John hit the jackpot!! problem solved!!

Thanks for all the input guys.

CHEERS!
                      jackpot... have price money? :P
                      For sale

Comment

i meant adjust the pitch lever so that it is 0 deg for mid stk in normal and idle up. then bluetack it
                        broe, this is the reason y I use idle1 for normal hovering lol (u were supprised dat day), idle2 for sports, and norm/idle0 for testing...
                        Current Blink²:
                        Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
                        Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
                        Belt-CP
                        Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
                        Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by Nazar78
                          broe, this is the reason y I use idle1 for normal hovering lol (u were supprised dat day), idle2 for sports, and norm/idle0 for testing...
                          most ppl dont do that mah... anyway whatever u r comfortable with.. since they are really flightmodes and not stunt modes :P

btw i heard that u have redone the beltcp and it now hovers really well now...
                          For sale

Comment

most ppl dont do that mah... anyway whatever u r comfortable with.. since they are really flightmodes and not stunt modes :P

btw i heard that u have redone the beltcp and it now hovers really well now...
                            kekeke~ near future but not so soon my idle2 switch will change from sport to stunt (still clockin many hours on g3.5)

ya very much stable now, now i can perfectly track the align pro blades using metal grip + stock head. test hover at chest level, fast cw 3x spin, fast swing left, fast ccw 3x spin, fast swing back to the right and the tail can now hold strong.

all tankz to u for de fine tune advises...
                            Current Blink²:
                            Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
                            Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
                            Belt-CP
                            Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
                            Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by Nazar78
                              kekeke~ near future but not so soon my idle2 switch will change from sport to stunt (still clockin many hours on g3.5)

ya very much stable now, now i can perfectly track the align pro blades using metal grip + stock head. test hover at chest level, fast cw 3x spin, fast swing left, fast ccw 3x spin, fast swing back to the right and the tail can now hold strong.

all tankz to u for de fine tune advises...
                              great bro, glad my saliva helped :P just kidding.. :P anyway it is mostly due to ur own hard work that made it fly well... feels great doesnt it

For sale

Comment

Working...
                              X