Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esky Belt CP Spin Problem

Hi all,

I need your advises here, even those w/o Belt CP experiences.

After fixing everything up, trim all the linkages etc², I notice that the head is a bit sticky to turn. Hand spin would stop the head almost immediately that the auto rotation would definitely not work. Unlike my old DF #60 head would spin on a puff blow to it's blade. I've tried to loosen the belt and even took out the belt seems it doesn't help that much. I saw some thread others having this problem but most point to the belt.

Then my hands got itchy. I dismantle the head set apart. I checked and open up the swash plate to see any binding or dust. It was quite ok though it's not spinning freely. Then I notice the culprit was either the oneway bearing or the gear sets! There's nothing in the way but it wasn't spinning freely in my hands when the two gears are attached with the oneway bearing in them.

How can I fix this? I'm afraid that replacing either would end up the same, CNC perhaps? Tried wd40 too and still doesn't help that much. I got my kit from RCE and I think only Pips has the spares now. Please help to advise, I think this is the reason why my hobbywing 30a got very hot everytime. Even the connector of the esc<->battery gets hot...
    Current Blink²:
    Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
    Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
    Belt-CP
    Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
    Nate Waddoups

will the motor pinion move when you spin the blades without connecting the batt? good chance the one way bearing is gone.

Comment

my mini T head doesnt really spin freely as well.. my guess is i clammed the 2 collars holding the main shaft to the frame too tightly.. but so far no prob... when powering down(not spin by hand) it spins quite freely

maybe u can chk if u have the same symptoms..

btw, dont use wd40 on ur heli... use silicon based lube.. otherwise it will slowly eat away ur plastic parts... belt.. frame etc etc
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

I am almost 100% certain that your problem is due to the bolt which secures the main gear to the main shaft (at the bottom) is too tight !

....try loosening it and see if it helps !
        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
          I am almost 100% certain that your problem is due to the bolt which secures the main gear to the main shaft (at the bottom) is too tight !

oh will try and see
          For sale

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
            will the motor pinion move when you spin the blades without connecting the batt? good chance the one way bearing is gone.
            Yes, but a good example is that when i spin the blades either ways, so does the motor
            Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
            Belt-CP
            Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
              my mini T head doesnt really spin freely as well.. my guess is i clammed the 2 collars holding the main shaft to the frame too tightly.. but so far no prob... when powering down(not spin by hand) it spins quite freely

maybe u can chk if u have the same symptoms..

btw, dont use wd40 on ur heli... use silicon based lube.. otherwise it will slowly eat away ur plastic parts... belt.. frame etc etc
              All bearing/collars are out when i dismantle everything on the head. Still I got a certain jerk spinning the two gears in their opposite directions. Btw thankz for the wd40 tips, I won't do it again, promiz...
              Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
              Belt-CP
              Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

No shaft no bolt+nuts, both gears are like having frictions when i spin each in either directions.

Though wit all these, I can power up and lift the heli at almost 50% throttle + 10pinion + high timings + no-softstart. Only that the esc runs very hot to touch

How do i take out the oneway bearing to test from the main gear? If it's gone, Im lucky enuff to replace it, but not sure if it'll soft this problem...
                Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                Belt-CP
                Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by Nazar78
                  No shaft no bolt+nuts, both gears are like having frictions when i spin each in either directions.

Though wit all these, I can power up and lift the heli at almost 50% throttle + 10pinion + high timings + no-softstart. Only that the esc runs very hot to touch

How do i take out the oneway bearing to test from the main gear? If it's gone, Im lucky enuff to replace it, but not sure if it'll soft this problem...
                  i think the align one way bearing removal should work. perhaps you can do a check to make sure the owb are of the same size ie.ID and OD.

before you get a new owb, try remove the main and autorotation gear assembly from the heli then spin and see if the main gear can turn. insert the screw to make sure the autorotation shaft does not twist.

Comment

Thanks broe awesome and all, will try tonite...
                    Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                    Belt-CP
                    Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

bro check belt tension as well

the one way bearing is not like a ball bearing that is supposed to spin freely when you just put the two gears together. it will spin fleely with the blade's momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by detach8
                        bro check belt tension as well

the one way bearing is not like a ball bearing that is supposed to spin freely when you just put the two gears together. it will spin fleely with the blade's momentum.
                        it should spin freely just with the brush of your finger.

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
                          it should spin freely just with the brush of your finger.
                          apparently doesn't happen for beltcp's bearings bro. next time i show u.

Comment

u so right.. it works!
                            For sale

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                              u so right.. it works!
                              gees, din know of such issues. did the overtightening cause the autorotation shaft to bend thus causing the main gear to go off axis?

Comment

Working...
                              X