Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ammo View Post
    HDB raised some very good questions

1.Can I verify, is it correct to leave the Rudder EPA to max?

Rudder EPA/Travel/Dual rate affects the actual piro speed ONLY, it does NOT affect the actual travel limits of the pitch slider* this is one point 90% of flyers don't understand

****** THE ABOVE APPLIES TO ALL GYROS ******
    Maybe i have to put everything in as simple sentences as i can; adjust Rudder EPA/Travel/Dual rate for desired/comfortable piro speed

Comment

After adjusting the servo limit for both sides of the slider, remember to adjust your EPA back to normal eg. from 150 to 100 in case of DX7.

My Logitech2100 is sweet as hell. Able to do comfortable reverse flight on my CopterX450. The holding is great. It seems my tail rod was too soft. I changed to the Align tail rod and now it is fine.

As for the 'expo' feeling by default, I have learnt to get comfortable with. Piro seems to be naturally dampened around midstick.

Comment

Ken,

Thanks for clarification, I got it.

So adjusting the ATV/EPA will affect the speed at which the slider will hit their
        stops and in turn affect the piro response rate, assuming the servo speed
        is fast enough follow the change right ?

Sirod

Comment

Originally posted by Sirod View Post
          Ken,

Thanks for clarification, I got it.

So adjusting the ATV/EPA will affect the speed at which the slider will hit their
          stops and in turn affect the piro response rate, assuming the servo speed
          is fast enough follow the change right ?

Sirod
          Yes, that is what you can see on the ground.
          However in flight, it's a slightly different manner, which also leads to the biggest difference for normal/rate and heading hold behaviours.
          But i'll leave it alone for now

Comment

Must the gyro always be placed flat down with the display LED going from left to right, or can it be placed flat down with the left (TL) LED facing the front and the right LED facing the tail? Can the logictech 6100 be placed at such direction on th mini t?
            http://www.rcpics.net/member/Rca

Comment

if it is the 2100t u r talking abt, it can be mounted in any orientation as long as it is flat. i mount mine upside down with the led running from left to right.

gyros sense rotational motion around a axis. it works as long as the axis is right
              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

cool, thanks
                http://www.rcpics.net/member/Rca

Comment

having a bit of issue with my lgt2100. cant seem to set it up nicely. try with a hs81. but when i move the rudder, servo dun seem to move nicely lik tt, a bit jerk jerk. tried with another servo oso same.

so did i setup wrongly? i tried to follow the guide.
                  sigpic

Helis:
                  Heli 1: Trex 450SE V1
                  Date of Operation: 27 JULY 08
                  Specs: JGF 450TH + RCE-BL25G + GY401 + HS-65HB cyclics + HS81 tail
                  Radio: Optic 6 + Electron6
                  Batt: Zippy-H 3s 2200mah 20C

Comment

help!

ok. this is the issue.

My lgt2100 cant seem to work as well as other said it could be.

lgt2100 + hs81: tail hold well but the tail reponse seem to be a bit retarded, as in it wont stop immediate, tend to overshoot. especially the left rudder input.

gy401 + hs81: the reponse was sharp and tail hold well.

so basically i onli swap the gyro. i believe lgt2100 should be working much better. tink tt should be my setup issue.

setup of lgt2100 as below:
                    servo speed: third led
                    rotate rate: sixth led
                    direction: it correct
                    servo limit: setup to almost juz touching. btw, should it be done it non-hh mode or hh-mode. any diff?

gain: 70% on my tx, abt 2nd led on the gyro.

so any expert out there can offer me some kind of advise?
                    sigpic

Helis:

Comment

New age gyros nowadays require high speed servos.

You're not going to get much luck with the HS81

Comment

Originally posted by luckysoul View Post
                        ok. this is the issue.

My lgt2100 cant seem to work as well as other said it could be.

lgt2100 + hs81: tail hold well but the tail reponse seem to be a bit retarded, as in it wont stop immediate, tend to overshoot. especially the left rudder input.

gy401 + hs81: the reponse was sharp and tail hold well.

so basically i onli swap the gyro. i believe lgt2100 should be working much better. tink tt should be my setup issue.

setup of lgt2100 as below:
                        servo speed: third led
                        rotate rate: sixth led
                        direction: it correct
                        servo limit: setup to almost juz touching. btw, should it be done it non-hh mode or hh-mode. any diff?

gain: 70% on my tx, abt 2nd led on the gyro.

so any expert out there can offer me some kind of advise?
                        bro try pumping up ur gain.. 70 is v low for lg2100t

try 85 and see if it wags.. if it does, u'll probably need a digital servo like ammo said. I too gave up on the hs81
                        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

haha. okok. in fact main thing i wanna ask is whether hs81 not suitable for use for lgt2100. den after typing so much i forgot to ask tt.

k guys, tt settle all le. guess i stick to my gy401 until i gt another servo for my lgt2100.
                          sigpic

Helis:

Comment

compatible with esky cp stock tx/rx?

yeah im a dumb noob. I wanted to make the worlds best RC heli out of a esky bely cp (sacarsim implied) so I got the 2100T and its not letting me get into the menu, however it lights up and the TL green LED turns on and the 3rd led flashes red. So do I need to invest in the DX6i or is there some way around that temporarly, im ordering the DX6i tonight but I just waited 2 weeks for this to get here and Im not looking foward to waiting another 2 weeks for them to ship a TX and RX to Iraq.

Comment

Ltg-2100t/mks Ds9670

I'm battling my tail since day 1. I just flown my heli for 4 flights I think. From ground to air upon hovering, the heli spins 360 degrees before it gets the hovering collective. At the air, the tail has slow response with my rudder stick, and the tail doesn't hold. I even crashed at my last flight. I changed main blade, feathering shaft, flybar rod, main shaft, one see saw mix arm, swash plate, main gear, front shaft pulley. So much frustrated with this setup

Now, the problem now is different. I can't even have the guts now to fly the heli because the tail vibrates even when heli is at the ground. The tail pitch slider even move to the left (head to right) as it is vibrating. I removed the main blades, tail blades, tail grip & tail blades. I can see the servo arm vibrates and reflected in the tail pitch slider vibration and still moving to the left. I even change the GAIN from 85% to 99% but the problem still exists.

Ammo, could you help me on this one?
                              sigpic
                              "Sky's the limit"

Comment

How old is the tail servo?
                                [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
                                [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

Working...
                                X