• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to increase piro rate on gy240??

any tips?
    Helis
    Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

First, make sure you run a high enough headspeed...

Make sure your EPAS are 100... for rudder channel

Mechanically wise, make sure you get the max throw on the tail, meaning.. the max pitch for the tail rotor..

Comment

my head speed is 3k and all throws are full epa are all 100.....any other way??
      Helis
      Logo 500 3D

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
        my head speed is 3k and all throws are full epa are all 100.....any other way??
        Pretty norm for gy240 to have slow piro. Up your epa and d/r all the way above 100. Th piro is not controlled by headspeed. Its controlled by e gyro

Comment

Newbie here. Is it always better hi pyro? What is pyro? Sorry, but reading this thread bugging me to know what it is about .

Regards,
          Arto.
          Dynam Hughes 300 fp with stock blades and GWS DD tail upgrade...
          TX: 72.830MHz, mode 2.

Can hover already, now learning orientation...

Comment

pyro rate is the rate at which the heli turns....

High headspeed is good for maintaining constant piro rates

can also lower the gain of the gyro to get faster piros

else you can set a DR of 120-140%
            TREX 500 ESP
            Futaba T12FGH

Comment

my tail pitch slider is all the way to the end already without binding
              Helis
              Logo 500 3D

Comment

and if i lower my gain my tail dosent hold well or rather very bad
                Helis
                Logo 500 3D

Comment

change gyro?

But rookie as I am, why should the gyro affect piro rate? I thought the pitch of the tail blade should affect piro rate in total?
                  JR PCM 9XII

BEAM E4

HS65 Cyclic
                  Futaba S3154 Tail
                  Scorpion 2221-8
                  JETI Spin 44A
                  JR RS 77
                  Logictech 2100 TL Gyro
                  Thunder Power TP2070-3SX

A Bottle Of Guts, Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
                    my tail pitch slider is all the way to the end already without binding
                    Max out your D/R and EPA. If that fails then you have to use a longer servo arm. For the 240, don't worry about binding on the ground. When in flight it won't bind.

Hope that helps.
                    -Feda Dragonfly
                    -Hornet 2
                    -Pilot OK Turmeric
                    -Zoom Zoom 4D
                    -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
                    -Hornet X3D
                    -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
                    -Formosa 1
                    -World Models Spot On 50
                    -HB King 2
                    -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
                    -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
                    (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

If u really want to kiasu on piro and yet still using G240, if u already max out your Dual Rate, alternatively is to use bigger tail blades or more tail blades.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by glenn cain
                        change gyro?

But rookie as I am, why should the gyro affect piro rate? I thought the pitch of the tail blade should affect piro rate in total?
                        basically the gyro controls your tail movement, so when you input a rudder signal, you are actually telling your gyro to turn your rudder, and then your gyro will in turn command the tail to turn. so the gyro is the one controlling how fast the tail will turn.

think logically... if you sent a rudder signal and a wind came along, the gyro will have to act up to hold the tail during the turn, right? if it gave the heli an uncontrolled full rudder servo throw, then your tail won't hold in a turn when there's a wind... this is exactly it if you turn off HH.. or for gyros like PG-03.

the pitch slider will affect piro rate only in GY401 where you can set limit. for GY240, like Fit said, won't bind in flight that's because the gyro controls the piro rate and it's piro rate is rather slow, thus requiring only very minimal servo movement.

only way to get higher piro rate is to increase rudder dualrate and EPA/ATV.. whatever your TX calls it.

pls correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

Here is what I previously did comparison with GY240, GY401 and PG-03 during comparison of which gyro is suitable for cyclic stability:

The response speed of GY240 is slower than GY401 and PG-03. With that, when u send signal move the tail (or change tail blade pitch), the response is slower and thus the piro speed is slower.

Then for GY240 and PG-03, it has a situation whereby when it start to piro, the gyro actually sense the movement and offset some value back instead. That is why alot of people said that for GY240, it will not get binding when in flight as compare to stationary. For GY401, when u send signal to tail servo to move, it will move the tail and ignoring the gyro sensing (in other word, it does not offset or compensate back...like GY240/PG-03)

All that above will make the piro for GY401 to be faster than GY240.

SH

Comment

BTW, here is the link to my previous post:

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                              Here is what I previously did comparison with GY240, GY401 and PG-03 during comparison of which gyro is suitable for cyclic stability:

The response speed of GY240 is slower than GY401 and PG-03. With that, when u send signal move the tail (or change tail blade pitch), the response is slower and thus the piro speed is slower.

Then for GY240 and PG-03, it has a situation whereby when it start to piro, the gyro actually sense the movement and offset some value back instead. That is why alot of people said that for GY240, it will not get binding when in flight as compare to stationary. For GY401, when u send signal to tail servo to move, it will move the tail and ignoring the gyro sensing (in other word, it does not offset or compensate back...like GY240/PG-03)

All that above will make the piro for GY401 to be faster than GY240.

SH
                              cool! but somehow, the gyro must still be active when you send a rudder signal otherwise when in HH mode, the tail will be affected by wind during a turn, right?

so can i say that it is something like... the delay settings on the GY401 is to tell the gyro how fast (resolution) it should detect the piro and issue the next servo command (whether to speed up the piro or not... ), so if the delay is high, the detection rate is slower (to compensate for slow servo movement) and thus slow down the piro rate?

Comment

Working...
                              X